All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Help? What does this mean??
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:31 pm 
Servant

Hello,
Karen Lyons, KJ Lyons Design. I have a sculpture studio and I specialize in cats. This, I'm sure seems very strange. I'm not at all the mystic type. I have a steady business and faithful customers. But one night/early morning I saw a face, very clearly. The most clear dream vision I have ever seen. Actually, it didn't seem like a dream?! Anyway, it stuck with me for a couple weeks. I remembered every line of the face I saw and couldn't shake it. I finally decided to sculpture the face. A friend of mine looked at it and I researched the face and it is exactly! Akhenaten???? (After I sculptured his face I thought it had to be a cartoon face? It seemed so strange? I couldn't imagine he was a real person?) Anyone have any idea why I would see Akhenaten ;-? I've never studied Eyptian history and all I know from research, is that he worshipped the Sun? I'm a little spooked by this??? Does anyone know if Akhenaten had a connection with cats and art??
Thanks,
Karen
http://www.kjlyons.com
I can send a jpeg of the sculpture.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:59 am 
Pharaoh

The only thing I can figure is that you dreamed it or something. Can you please send the jpeg?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:07 am 
Prince/Princess

I mean he did change the way of Egyptian art in ways.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:26 am 
Pharaoh

I suppose he did in ways, but very little to do with Cats at all. Perhaps you saw the face once, maybe years ago and you forgot about it. Then years later something in the subconcious changes and the memory is brought back to the surface, like when you recognise a person you haven't seen in years. It is a strange thing but the human mind does it on a suprisingly regular basis.

Thanks from Karen
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:43 am 
Servant

I shouldn't have said spooky. I guess just unusual. I was thinking the same thing; that I must have seen the face somewhere and it was in my unconscious. The unusual part was that I could remember every single line and angle of the expression for weeks after. So much so that I could do a very accurate replica in clay from the memory. First of all I don't, usually, have that good a memory :lol: and if you have ever created figurative sculpture you know how difficult it is to work without a model. I really had no idea even what country the face could have been from? I thought Middle East, my friend started the search. Once we found the face on the internet there was no question. BUt the face was a sculpture, the face I saw was a real person clear as day (ok early morning). I'll try to see if I can get the jpeg up in the forum.
Thanks
Karen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:13 am 
Gods/Goddesses

try uploading it to photobucket.

http://www.photobucket.com

It's free. Then use image tags to link to it.
Ex:

[img]urlofimage[/img]

Hope this works??? KJ Lyons
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:51 am 
Servant

[img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/KJLyons1/Akhenaten.jpg[/img][/img]

Almost successful-Couldn't put text under the image
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:03 am 
Servant

This is what I saw. His eyes look closed but they weren't. He seemed to be squinting and gazing off into the distance. His skin was a pale grayish yellow color, very smooth. Please excuse the head turban. It was more complicated than this, the face I remembered, didn't really concentrate on what he was wearing except he was all in white. That's it. I wish I knew more??

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:49 am 
Prince/Princess

http://www.africawithin.com/kmt/Symbols/akhenaten1.jpg This is a statue of Akhenaten.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:32 am 
Pharaoh

It does bear a striking resemblance to Akhenaten, and may I say, you are an excellent sculptor!

PharoahKel
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:41 pm 
Servant

Thanks for the compliment but I have to admit it was the fastest sculpture I have ever done. Sort of autopilot. My specialty is animal sculpture and I work very deliberately and slowly.This sculpture was like taking dictation from my brain?! I'm trying to find out as much as I can from the members of this board and the sites they recommend. Very interesting!! I have seen the sculptures done of Akhenaten and, to my knowledge I have never seen them before. Anyway, I think the face I had seen was the same image. The difference, I think, is that I saw the muscles, skeleton and mouth lines? IT was a real face. The sculptures recovered are more or less stylized for the time period and he looks younger than the face that appeared to me? I guess what I'm really trying to find out is WHY I saw him?? AS I've said, I've never had this sort of thing happen before. In reading I did find out that the belief is that he directly managed the sculpture of his image and there is some thought that he might have been a sculptor, himself? But I don't really believe this is my connection. There are far better sculptors than I that could create his image. I guess I'll try a little while longer and if nothing turns up I'll have to let it go. :? I just don't know what it means? Am I supposed to do something? Is it a warning? HEck, is it just an hello??
Karen
KJ Lyons Design

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:47 pm 
Pharaoh

Hi Kjlyons, :) Akhenaten's face next to Tutankhamun's is the most published face in Egyptian archaeology, i do believe. It is kind of hard in our day and age of mass media not to have see a glance of his face somewhere. Even if just for a moment. i wouls suggest that it passed before you at somepoint in time. It is a really interestering face and in your artistic soul you dwelled upon it until it came full blown into your mind's eye.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:04 pm 
Scribe

Kool

Nice sculpting :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:05 pm 
Scribe

Nice sculpting :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:53 pm 
Servant

Thanks, Osiris
Despite the theories, I pretty much live my life through my work and I am sure I had never seen an image of Akhenaten until the afore mentioned image and my investigation, where I found the resemblance. (My college major was Botany. I studied sculpture after I graduated, but never art or sculpture history.) I don't know why I saw such a clear image of Akhenaten? It's still a mystery to me? I keep hoping something will clear this up? It's the only time I have had this kind of experience. I guess these are the kinds of things that make life interesting?!?
Karen
KJ Lyons Design