All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:41 pm 
Pharaoh

Ankhesenamun3 wrote:
Okay , Maybe the Elder lady is Nefertiti. But her daughter Meritaten also may fit. But , the only thing is the age is Meritaten , believed to have lived to be 29?

As far as i know Ankhesenamun3, Queen Meritaten is considered to have died in her late teens or early twenties. Again casting doubt on Elder Lady as being her. The age fits best for Nefertiti. If you go to the links topic on this page and click the sites available for Elder Lady you can get a good luck at this mummy. Please note the look on her face, to me it looks as if it is a practiced Queen and not a young Queen such as Meritaten.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:11 am 
Pharaoh

If we are going to discuss the look though I would peg the mummy as someone much older than her early thirties. The frailness of the features do not remind me of a woman in the prime of her life. She looks exactly the right age to be Queen Tiy, in my view.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:29 am 
Pharaoh

Si-amun wrote:
If we are going to discuss the look though I would peg the mummy as someone much older than her early thirties. The frailness of the features do not remind me of a woman in the prime of her life. She looks exactly the right age to be Queen Tiy, in my view.

Fine Si-Amun hold with your orthodox view, it's no skin off my nose. Having pictures at home of really elderly lady mummies i can tell a difference particularly with the amount of hair involved. As for the Elder Lady "looks exactly the right age to be Queen Tiy", i bet you're not making allowences for the dehydration caused by mummification. Just don't be surprised if one day the Egyptians allow DNA testing and the results are that Elder Lady isn't a daughter of Tuya.