All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who's cooler??
Total votes : 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:57 am 
Pharaoh

How can anyone prefer Seth. He murdered and dismembered his own brother out of mere jealousy. He raped his nephew Horus on an Island and tried countless times to murder him. He lied and tricked Isis and Osiris into attending a banquet in which he shut Osiris up in a box and threw him in the Nile. Seth was a nasty piece of work. Osiris introduced farming and culture into Egypt, including beer (see, you do have to thank him for some things!) he introduced civilisation into Egypt, if it wasn't for him you wouldn't be on this forum as it wouldn't exist. Set was the enemy of all that Egypt stood for. He was revered by the greatest enemies of Egypt, the Hyksos, in their capital at Avaris. Do you admire Karla Homolka? She killed her own sister for little reason. If that is a trait to be admired then I am seriously frghtened for the future.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:39 am 
Pharaoh

Si-Amun wrote:
he introduced civilisation into Egypt, if it wasn't for him you wouldn't be on this forum as it wouldn't exist. .

Umm.. yes we would because they werent real.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:44 am 
Pharaoh

I am just saying his attributes. How can you prefer one thing over another if neither of them exist? I thought that this discussion was about hypothetical argument. If we use only historical fact then this is a waste of time, as neither did anything historical ever. I still prefer Osiris then, we has a nicer temple, and there is still lots left of it. The paintings at Abydos are stunning as well!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:06 pm 
Gods/Goddesses

Just to let you know, Seth is an aardvark. Pretty strange. I like Osiris a lot, mainly because he is the god of the underworld and I like the underworld ^_^

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:44 pm 
Prince/Princess

I never said that I admired Seth persay. I just find him intruiging. If he wasn't around, we'd just have Osiris ruling Egypt in a land of hapiness, sunshine and fluffy bunnies. Without Seth, we wouldn't have the myth that we all know and love. And then where would we be? Seth is the one who adds all the drama.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:19 am 
Pharaoh

But then again without Set we would all be miserable, enslaved and in pain (according to the legend he was quite evil). Would that have been better. Without any of the characters in the legend then it couldn't have happened. I must admit though that Isis is my favourite, so how can I think her greatest enemy is cooler than her husband?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:28 am 
Pharaoh

Yes, Seth was evil, however that didn't stop him from being one of Re's protectors in his boat as he traveled through the night. Fighting evil with evil... now i know where that saying comes from :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:29 am 
Gods/Goddesses

I thought Ra was battling Seth in the underworld at night?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:34 pm 
Pharaoh

No, Seth protected the boat of Ra from the snake (Apep ?) during its journey through the underworld each night time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:45 pm 
Pharaoh

They werent always succesful though, when there was an Eclipse the Egypians believed it was because Apep had been victorious and by defeating Ra, had swallowed the sun.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:37 pm 
Pharaoh

Wow, thankyou for that piece of odd information. I might add that to a story for a bit of authenticity. Very interesting. Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:09 pm 
Pharaoh

No problemo, amigo. Hey, do you mind if I pm you sometime in Spanish? I want to practise lol. What other languages do you speak?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:19 pm 
Pharaoh

Me encanto hablar en espanol con mi amiga PharaohKel. Estudie Espanol para cinco anos y me encanto mis lenguas!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:20 pm 
Pharaoh

Me encantaria hablar en espanol con mi amiga PharaohKel. Estudie Espanol para cinco anos y me encanto mis lenguas!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:42 pm 
Pharaoh

Me encantaria hablar contigo! Estoy yendo escribirte.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next