All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

How did you become interested in Ancient Egypt?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:04 pm 
How did you become interested in Ancient Egypt? Did anything special happen that got you interested in it? I've liked it for as long as I can remember!!:wink:

Re: How did you become interested in Ancient Egypt?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:46 am 
Pharaoh

Ma'at wrote:
How did you become interested in Ancient Egypt? Did anything special happen that got you interested in it? I've liked it for as long as I can remember!!:wink:

I first got interested in Ancient Egypt in 5th grade. Because i wanted to know who was the Pharaoh that freed Joseph. i got hooked on Ancient Egypt when i read The Lost Queen of Egypt in 7th grade.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:41 am 
Prince/Princess

I first got interested in egypt when my grandma went there. She brought back books and stuff and i got to reading them and really liked them. And have liked Ancient Egypt ever since.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:46 am 
Anyone else have any special reason why they got interested in Ancient Egypt?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:13 am 
Prince/Princess

When I was about 6 I read the comics version of a novel which was an ancient Egyptian mystery, with a fantasy twist (sounds bad enough, but remember, I was 6 at the time :) ) and it made me interested in Egypt.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:07 am 
Egyptian Architect

Oh wow...it's been a while, lemme think, when I first got into ancient egypt...I think it was when I was around 4 or 5, we had neighbors that were from Egypt, and i was friends with their kiddies ( i think they had 3 sons and a daughter), anyways I remember hanging out with them a lot, we used to visit each other's houses. They gave us a papyrus painting of Tutankhamun's funerary mask, and i was curious, and have been hooked on ancient egypt since.

P.S. I think i still have that papyrus painting somewhere...i'm gonna go find it later...he he....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:40 pm 
Egyptian Architect

I got into Ancient Egypt in the fifth or sixth grade when I remember i watched a movie on i think it was Tutankhamun on the history channel or something like that and i was so amazed by how people lived so long ago that i instantly liked it.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 8:47 pm 
Prince/Princess

I was intreuged by the pyramids, that and i watched on of the old mummy movies,

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 2:00 am 
Servant

First I wanted to become a archeologist, but around were I live theres only digs from Vikings etc. Nothing that really intrests me. Then a saw a documentary on Egypt, one of those general ones. Since then I've been totaly sold. But it's really just this last year/years wich I have started "investegating" myself. After we read on ancient egypt in my culturehistory class. Then I really wanted to learn more (everything :D ). And now my plan is to study egyptology and archeology.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:58 am 
Pharaoh

paw wrote:
First I wanted to become a archeologist, but around were I live theres only digs from Vikings etc. Nothing that really intrests me. Then a saw a documentary on Egypt, one of those general ones. Since then I've been totaly sold. But it's really just this last year/years wich I have started "investegating" myself. After we read on ancient egypt in my culturehistory class. Then I really wanted to learn more (everything :D ). And now my plan is to study egyptology and archeology.

Me too, paw

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 8:48 pm 
i just do... i don't know why... when i was 13 i watched this arabic series of Moses... they got really a wonderful actors to play nefertari and others.. It was so mesmerizing... perhaps since then i'm interested to know people around Moses... before i was just :shock: of the building. only recently i was more interested into their beliefs and customs... one of my fav topic was abt Exodus...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:55 am 
Pharaoh

When I was 9 years old, I read a bok by Halliburton--Richard Halliburton was a 120's Indie Jones-type character--and I thought exploring and finding treasure sounded soooo cool! Since then, of course, I have learned that Egyptology is vastly different than a treasure-hunt!
I remember--I think it was the 7th grade--I built a model of the Great Pyramid for a project--using sugar cubes! The ants LOVED it! LOL

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:49 am 
Gods/Goddesses

my sister got me interested in Egypt. I don't even know how, since it was such a long time ago.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:09 am 
Pharaoh

From the age of about three my grandmother used to take me to the British Museum every other weekend. We spent hours there, also visiting the other Museums. She loves Egypt, but a far more romanticised idea of it. We went to Egypt when I was nine and since then we keep going back, sparking even more interest every time. Since the day I first looked into the face of Ramses II in the Cairo Museum I knew that Egypt was mt obsession, and i haven't looked back since!

hmmmm...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:10 pm 
Servant

Until recently, I've only really been interested in Ancient Greece and Rome (7th form classics and art history rocked!!!) but after reading Karen Essex' Kleopatra and Pharoah I realized that OH MY GOODNESS, ANCIENT EGYPT IS PRETTY DARN KOOL TOO!