All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Are the pyramids tombs?
Total votes : 0

A real Tomb???
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:42 am 
Prince/Princess

Why do people think that the pyramids were tombs? what positive proof is there?
1. why were the pyramids so cramped, the tombs in the valley of the king are spacious.
2. where did all the gear that the king would need in the arfterlife go? where is the mummy? and if you say the tomb was robbed....... u cannot tell me the robbers chiped all the paint off the walls as well.
3.why build that big pyramid and never use it?
4.there is no positive evidence to prove who built the pyramid (there is no evidence to disprove it either)

i have raised these questions in hopes of making this place a bit more interesting, and to give some people a bit to talk about. and perhaps show a couple of people that there is more than the orthodox view

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:23 pm 
Prince/Princess

well i guess thats my last sad attempt at livening up the place isnt anybody going to contradict what i am saying if it is incorrect in the orthodox views disprove me if i am wrong!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:24 pm 
Gods/Goddesses

well, I guess people think this mostly because they don't hear about a plausible other purpose for the pyramids. I know there are other views, but let's face it. Every children's book out there says the pyramids were burial chambers. We get it hammered into our heads at a young age. It's like someone saying to us that 2+2 no longer equals 4. We argue them because we've been taught that at a young age, even though we have no solid proof of why (expanding beyond example here) and even though the other person may be right. Makes sense, no?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:31 pm 
I actually heard a couple things about the Pyramids, one is that they are observatories, another is that they served as a giant tuning fork, but what I find very strange is that they line up with the three starts in Orions belt.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:38 pm 
Gods/Goddesses

That's true. Also, it perfectly faced true north. They're off by 3 min now, only because of a shift of the earth. The stones are so close, you couldn't fit a post card inbetween them. If you were to remove the stones in the Great Pyramid, you could build a 10 feet high and 1 foot thick wall around France. Each block is at least 2-5 tons each, making the GP at least 4 mil tons. It stands at 418 feet high and 756 feet wide. Another thing...apparently there is some strange magnetic force at the top of the pyramid. I remember reading an article about it, but can't exactly remember all the facts. It's somewhere on this site:
http://ce.eng.usf.edu/pharos/wonders/pyramid.html (I got my info from here as well) Great site, a bit unorthodox, but cool nonetheless.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:40 pm 
Some of those stones were heavy as hell, I don't know the exact details, but I think there are only 3 cranes in the world that could lift up as much as they weighed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:50 pm 
Pharaoh

I guess I have conservative views about AE. I belive that the Pyramids were tombs beacuse that is what I have always been taught and because there are sarchopagi in the pyramids.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:55 pm 
Those Sarcophogi were added much later, the date the Pyramids were built was around 10,500 BC, around the end of the last ice age and the dawn of modern man, thats why I think there was definite alien influence on the construction of the Pyramids and other ancient wonders.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:18 pm 
Pharaoh

You have no evidence of that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:20 pm 
There is plenty evidence, like there being water damage at the base of the pyramids, and the only time the Nile was around there was around the time of the last Ice Age, or 10,500 B.C....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:33 pm 
Prince/Princess

I think that chris dunn has a fair idea, all of his theorys are based on fact, and fit in quite well. www.gizapower.com its his web page i think, but that is what is sad about it, if we keep getting kids to conform to what people teach how are there going to be any really great advances in our technology and learning?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:58 pm 
And theres the theory that theyu're ancient power generators.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:27 am 
Pharaoh

The progression of the burials in Egypt follow a very logical pattern--from pit-tomb, to mastaba, to step-pyramid, to true pyramid.
Logically, I would be more than ready to accept a dating of 10,500 B.C.E. tp the Giza pyramids, but I would like to see ONE piece of evidence of some "master-race" that lived then. There is no evidence of such a race--no burials, no buildings, no ruins of a city--not even one broken potsherd!
As for there being water damage on the pyramid--that is not true, but a rumor to try and justify an older date. Check out the site of the valley temples--that's the limit of the ancient Nile.
Aliens? A vastly more intelligent life-form travelled millions of miles to come to Earth, build a pyramid and leave. Sounds pretty lame, huh? And again, if they were here building the pyramid for 20 years, where is any evidence of them?
We have a desire to give supernatural powers to the building of the pyramids because it is beyond our comprehension that such a massive edifice as the Great Pyramid could have been built by the humble Egyptians. I think that is a great insult to the Egyptians!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:50 am 
Pharaoh

Long Beach, Osiris? Nice!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:01 pm 
Does the findings of abnormally elongated skulls found in various places around the world evidence to this master race?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next