All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

The curse
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:28 am 
Tomb Robber

I beleave that there is a real curse i beleave the king wanted the body and all of the his stuff to stay with him and he be left alone he could have came back as a demon killing people so his body could rest in peace and undisturbed anyone else beleave this?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:29 am 
Egyptian Architect

Um...no, sorry, but that boarders just a little too far into superstition and nonsesnse for me....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:04 pm 
Pharaoh

Yea

Re: The curse
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:59 pm 
Servant

hpzine wrote:
I beleave that there is a real curse i beleave the king wanted the body and all of the his stuff to stay with him and he be left alone he could have came back as a demon killing people so his body could rest in peace and undisturbed anyone else beleave this?

You didn't exactly specify what curse you're talking about, but are you referring to the "curse" of King Tutankhamun? Because from what I've learned (although Tutankhamun never really interested me personally), the people who died "from the curse" all died seperately, of different maladies, and at completely different times. So, hardly a curse.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 3:26 pm 
Prince/Princess

Yeah, Think of all the mummies and tombs found and how those people did not just die after finding the tomb.There has been many tombs and few believed curses.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:27 am 
Pharaoh

Actually, it was quite common to see curses in most tombs, but they usually ran something like "if you enter this tomb with an evil heart, may you be eaten by crocodiles".
The curse that everyone talks about--that associated with the tomb of Tutankhamen--just does not exist. Both a papyrus and a carving found in the tomb cursed anyone who violated the tomb. But both the papyrus and the carving simply was not there--the curse was a figment of an English newspaper reporter who was trying to think of a new "slant" for his paper. It actually came to be quite rediculous--people who's relatives where known to have visited the tomb, and the relatives died--were victums of the curse! The death of Lord Carnavron seems to have been the apex of the innuendo--dying from an insect bite was so blase'--it had to be something supernateral!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:41 pm 
Prince/Princess

:) Yeah there have been curses like you said, but I mean there has not been many where people :roll: supposly die after entering a cursed tomb.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:31 am 
Prince/Princess

Quote:

this like everything else is a valid thought, everybody has their own. and the whole curse thing, do we really expect every person who finds a tomb to live forever?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:33 am 
Prince/Princess

sry about that post people im still trying to comprehend this quote thingie.

curses?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:54 pm 
Servant

so whats this about curses?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:24 am 
Gods/Goddesses

meh. Thing is, the curse is getting real old real fast. If someone knew how to come back as a demon, we'd all be doing it. Right? I seriously doubt anyone can come back from the dead, 'cept by a miracle. And a curse ain't no miracle.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:26 pm 
Prince/Princess

Did anybody watch the show on the history channel Monday night? It was about the King Tut curse. If you are interested in the curse it would have been a good show to watch.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:19 am 
Pharaoh

Ah, I always miss those shows. We have Comcast so we have like 3 history channels but theyre never on!

Re: The curse
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:03 am 
Servant

That ture. Tutankhamen made curse to the people who enter his tomb. I think that Tut was anger why they put his things away from him. That's why Tut is anger killed to them. He did kill the dog and the child... I believe the curse. I dont know how been the curse come from...That's good question...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:17 pm 
Prince/Princess

But a dog , why would he be mad at a dog?If for some reason the curse is real (which I do not believe it is) wouldn't Tutankhamun kill the main people who discovered his tomb ~for say~ Howard Carter? Why would Tutankhamun curse a dog when the prime suspect who found and cleared his tomb was walking around healthy , and even opening his coffin. But , I may be wrong.