All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 

Re: Proof
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:09 am 
Horemheb wrote:
Sekmet...so where is the proof that moses existed at the end of the Old Kingdom????


Hi again Horemheb, if your looking for a certain Moses, Egyptianology hasn't gotten that far, yet. However, the 6th dynasty does contain more accounts of agreement with the Bible than any other period. But before i get into them.
Let me, please start with the 3rd dynasty.
Donald Redford writes on pg. 51 of Egypt, Canaan, and Israel in Ancient Times, "evidence now chronicles the influx of increasing numbers of foreigners from the end of the 3rd Dynasty. (i bring this up Horemheb because if your going to have an Exodus you got to have the folks show up for it.) The end of the 3rd Dynasty is some 430 prior to the end of the Old Kingdom.

Imhotep, 3rd Dynasty influences Egypt for well over 430 years and is still today the patron of the Egyptian Physicians Association.
Djoser, Imhotep's most important Pharaoh suffered a famine of 7 years. According to Egyptian texts, it was Imhotep that solved the problem of the famine.
The first use of the term "Greatest of Seers" begins during the reign of Djoser's father Pharaoh Khasekhemwy. Imhotep holds this title during his lifetime.
The 3rd Dynasty lasted for just about 75 years. Pharaoh Snefnu claims that as a child he knew Imhotep. Joseph lived to the age of 110 years. Imhotep lived to an extreme old age as well.

There is more but you want Moses, not Joseph so i will jump on to the 6th dynasty.
There is a disruption in the traditional royal house at the end of the 5th Dynasty. Wenis, Teti are new additions into the royal house. Scripture tells us there arise a Pharaoh that did not know Joseph.
Scripture tells us that Pharaoh during the time of Moses' birth was interested in childbirth.
In Nicolas Grimal's, A History of Ancient Egypt, pg. 81 we learn. That Pharaoh Teti, patronized the Goddess Hathor, one of Egypt's most important Goddess of fertility and childbirth, more so than any other Pharaoh. Teti, starts oppression of Asiatics, his son Pepy I continues it. One of the main instrument of this oppression is Lord Weni, who leads 5 separate campaigns into Egypt's northeastern borders.
Expeditions of Egyptians range from Nubia to Canaan.
Pharaoh Pepy I, charges his first Queen Were-tyames with a crime so horrible he prevents a public or legal trial and has Lord Weni act as Judge, and jury against the Queen, daughter of Pharaoh. Grimal claims that her son was banished as well. However i can find no supporting documentation that she had a son, nor that he was banished.
Scripture tells us that there are "men that want Moses dead". Egyptology tells us that after Queen Were-tyames disappears, Pepy I marries the daughters of one Lord Khuni of Abydene. Lord Khuni also has a son Djau. When Pepy I dies his oldest son Menkaurf becomes Pharaoh, Djau is co-regent with his sister.
Old faithful Lord Weni records the horrific amount of labor he achieves for the building glory of Pharaoh Menkaurf. (i could copy it for you here but if you go to Google and do a search for Lord Weni, you can read for yourself his record of service to Pharaoh's Teti, Pepy I and Menkaurf.) So we have the men that want Moses dead, Pepy I, Khuni, Djau, Weni, and Menkaurf.
When Pepy II succeeds his older brother upon the throne again it is Djau that is co-regent again with his sister. When Djau dies, it is again safe for Moses to return to Egypt. It is a forty year period of his exile. This takes place from Pepy I to Pepy II, a time frame that is easily incorporated into these rulers.
While Pepy II is granted by Manetho as having a rule of 94 years, there are no attestments of his rule past his 67th year. When Pepy II did die, he left Egypt without male issue, (a heir), Egypt was depopulated, and left as a ruin. Just as Scripture details Egypt when Moses leads his people out of Egypt.
Canaan falls to destruction of its many great cities at about the same time of Egypt's collapse.

The First Intermediate Period sees the first development of Lamentation literature. The pyprus of Ipuwer dates to this period and is accepted that it is actually detailing the end of the 6th Dynasty. The Ermitage Papyrus does the same, but from the point of view of being a prophecy and dates to the Middle Kingdom.

There is another aspect of this period that is often ignored but shouldn't. What was happening in Mesopotamia? Just prior to the time of Teti of Egypt we find that Sargon the Great, a Semitic, has just risen to power creating the first Mesopotamian Empire of Agarde. He started off as a servant to the King of Kish, overthrew the King of Kish and was off. He also has another tale that ties in with Moses. Sargon's mother abandoned him to a basket on the water. Moses' mother in Egypt would have known that story.
When we see what Sargon did, just prior to the asscention of Teti to the Egyptian throne, the fact that the Hebrews (AKA Asiatics) by this time had a history of some 400 years in Egypt. The oppression of Teti, Pepy I, and Menkaurf makes far more sense. Than just being nasty evil old men.

Other less easily placed supporting facts.
The funerary towns of Teti, and Pepy I, are located at Tell Basta within an easy 5K from the much later Pi-Ramesses.
Pepy II court was riddled with rumors of homosexuality.
The artistic skill during this time period was one of Egypt's greatest especially in 3D sculpture in the round.

The story of Sinuhe, that many Egyptianologists claim is the prototype of Moses own story. Dates to the 12th Dynasty that has been able to return Egypt to a power not realized since the beginning of the 6th Dynasty. When we allow archaeological facts to set the timeline of Biblical events and people we can see that Sinuhe's story is an Egyptian attempt to soothe fears of the Hebrews now entrenched in Canaan as the 12th Dynasty begins to reassert Egyptian policy over Canaan.

If you or anyone else would like sources for any statement made in this post without reference source stated. Please PM me and i will be more than happy to provide it. All statements are made from authoritive sources they are not included due to the length of post and time.

Horemheb the name is Sekhmet not Sekmet :) But what i want really to say is again. It isn't a myth, it is the lack of correct placement in the correct time period that allows some folks to think the stories of the Bible are myths. You have a great day Horemheb :)


Top
  
 

i don't understand
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:12 am 
Pharaoh
Offline

Joined:Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:24 pm
Posts:579
Location: Rome, Georgia USA
Sekhmet, me posted the above, i had logged on when i started perhaps i spent to much time on posting it. Anyway i posted the above and didn't get credit for it. :) So i am taking it now.


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:54 pm 
Pharaoh
Offline

Joined:Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:22 am
Posts:1028
Location: Pennsylvania
Interesting, Sekhmet! Thanks for taking the time to post that, I need to show that to a few people!


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:26 pm 
Pharaoh
Offline

Joined:Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:24 pm
Posts:579
Location: Rome, Georgia USA
PharoahKel wrote:
I need to show that to a few people!



Your most welcome Pharaoh Kel. Please, be aware that if you show it to others. They are going to tell you that the realignment is TO FAR BACK. This is because everyone limits Biblical chronology to just 4000 years between creation and the birth of Christ. Because of the work of Sextus Julius Africanus, Jerome, and Archbishop James Usher.

To get around this problem of having it dismissed out of hand as BEING TO FAR BACK IN TIME. You should be able to point out that the chronology these" few people" are a custom to using. Is an artifical one developed first in the 3rd century AD, altered in the late 4th century AD, and then in the 17th century AD.

I suggest Pharaoh Kel, that you look over the first post of mine to Horemheb, in this thread and perhaps the posts mentioned in it. To be better prepared when you show those people the post. Otherwise you will simply hear IT IS TO FAR BACK :) Good luck and please let me know what happens.

Oh, one other thing, the information is from Abram Back in Time, by Patty Blosser-Lotfinia copyrighted 2000 and permission is granted for said information to be used by anyone as long as credit is given. There now i feel better because i didn't originally credit it.


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: myth
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 8:07 pm 
Scribe
Offline

Joined:Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:53 pm
Posts:51
Location: Malaysia
Horemheb wrote:
Actually, this story is a myth. It is valid from a religious point of view but did not take place historically. Their is not a shread of evidence to support it.


a myth?

so, ur father told u that u had a grandfather.. then he said ur grandfather had father... and so on.. u believed it without a doubt... why? u never saw any of them before u? so its a myth. yeah, right.

Joseph and Moses is part of Jews history... it cannot be myth. unless u don't want to believed anything.

Jews first move to egypt sometime under the poeple of Hyksos... the foreign people rule egypt comtemporareously with egypt people.

Later, Hyksos was removed from egypt by Ahmose I... who also marking the new kingdom.

Hyksos and Jews basically had good relationship... but after they were removed Jews lost their special treatment... slowly, jews were oppressed and later enslaved...


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: myth
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:48 am 
Pharaoh
Offline

Joined:Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:24 pm
Posts:579
Location: Rome, Georgia USA
zampeada wrote:
Horemheb wrote:
Actually, this story is a myth. It is valid from a religious point of view but did not take place historically. Their is not a shread of evidence to support it.


a myth?

so, ur father told u that u had a grandfather.. then he said ur grandfather had father... and so on.. u believed it without a doubt... why? u never saw any of them before u? so its a myth. yeah, right.

Joseph and Moses is part of Jews history... it cannot be myth. unless u don't want to believed anything.

Jews first move to egypt sometime under the poeple of Hyksos... the foreign people rule egypt comtemporareously with egypt people.

Later, Hyksos was removed from egypt by Ahmose I... who also marking the new kingdom.

Hyksos and Jews basically had good relationship... but after they were removed Jews lost their special treatment... slowly, jews were oppressed and later enslaved...


Archaeology is showing a more and more clearer understanding that Josephus' Hyksos equals Jews is a sham. Current and growing theories are placing Joseph into Egypt just prior to the Hyksos. Betcha archaeology can no more support that than the Hyksos equaled the Jews.

I humbly suggest you read my prior posts in this thread Zampeada. It might open your eyes to where and when things really happened. Your sources are growing outdated even as i write. :)


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 8:14 pm 
Scribe
Offline

Joined:Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:53 pm
Posts:51
Location: Malaysia
oh really... i only read it in jews history.

basically... there is not much info about hyksos to be honest left, it still a mystery to me unless someone told me with new things (thank you sekhmet)... to me hyksos was defined as somekind of semitic-asiatic kind of people... in the way that they were probably, yes jews... perhaps, assyrians... or anything closer. I don't say they are equally jews (i don't see any similarity too, perhaps we agreed that hyksos is not jew).. but through Joseph, they believed to have somekind of good relationships between the ruler and people... so they were welcome in egypt... not like the other ruler.


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 9:00 pm 
Pharaoh
Offline

Joined:Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:24 pm
Posts:579
Location: Rome, Georgia USA
zampeada wrote:
oh really... i only read it in jews history.

basically... there is not much info about hyksos to be honest left, it still a mystery to me unless someone told me with new things (thank you sekhmet)... to me hyksos was defined as somekind of semitic-asiatic kind of people... in the way that they were probably, yes jews... perhaps, assyrians... or anything closer. I don't say they are equally jews (i don't see any similarity too, perhaps we agreed that hyksos is not jew).. but through Joseph, they believed to have somekind of good relationships between the ruler and people... so they were welcome in egypt... not like the other ruler.


Hi Zampaeda, there is one aspect of the of the Conquest of Canaan by the Israelites that no one ever mentions that bothers me. That is what happens to the displaced Canaanites? To me the Canaanites displaced by the freed Egyptian slaves, the Israelites, migrate into the unpopulated Egyptian delta or Lower Egypt and become the Hyksos. The main reason why scholars never discuss the displacement of the Canaanites is most of them don't believe that there was a Conquest contrary to the Biblical reports. However, when we look at the Exodus taking place at the end of the Early Bronze Age or the Old Kingdom. We find many if not all of the cities of Canaan being wiped out shortly afterwards. With a steadily increasing population of Asiatics in Lower Egypt and the founding of Avaris as well taking place towards the end of the First Intermediate Period.


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 9:12 pm 
Scribe
Offline

Joined:Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:53 pm
Posts:51
Location: Malaysia
Sekhmet wrote:

Hi Zampaeda, there is one aspect of the of the Conquest of Canaan by the Israelites that no one ever mentions that bothers me. That is what happens to the displaced Canaanites? To me the Canaanites displaced by the freed Egyptian slaves, the Israelites, migrate into the unpopulated Egyptian delta or Lower Egypt and become the Hyksos. The main reason why scholars never discuss the displacement of the Canaanites is most of them don't believe that there was a Conquest contrary to the Biblical reports. However, when we look at the Exodus taking place at the end of the Early Bronze Age or the Old Kingdom. We find many if not all of the cities of Canaan being wiped out shortly afterwards. With a steadily increasing population of Asiatics in Lower Egypt and the founding of Avaris as well taking place towards the end of the First Intermediate Period.


Thats interesting... I've read, on egyptian military they bring back their captives... do you mean this?

based on your comments i think you said that Israelite conquer canaan long before joseph arrived to egypt?


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 11:52 pm 
Pharaoh
Offline

Joined:Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:24 pm
Posts:579
Location: Rome, Georgia USA
zampeada wrote:
Thats interesting... I've read, on egyptian military they bring back their captives... do you mean this?

based on your comments i think you said that Israelite conquer canaan long before joseph arrived to egypt?


No Zampaeda, i don't mean that the Egyptians brought back Canaanite captives. What i mean was when Joshua, and the Judges were defeating the Canaanites. Where did the Canaanties go?

It is you that believe Joseph lived to late in time to make any recongizable, let alone Biblically supported influences in Egypt. On the other hand, if you had read my earlier posts in this thread you would understand that i believe Joseph is Imhotep of the 3rd Dynasty and that Pharaoh Khasekhemwy was the Pharaoh that freed him from slavery.


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 1:53 am 
Scribe
Offline

Joined:Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:53 pm
Posts:51
Location: Malaysia
Quote:
No Zampaeda, i don't mean that the Egyptians brought back Canaanite captives. What i mean was when Joshua, and the Judges were defeating the Canaanites. Where did the Canaanties go?

It is you that believe Joseph lived to late in time to make any recongizable, let alone Biblically supported influences in Egypt. On the other hand, if you had read my earlier posts in this thread you would understand that i believe Joseph is Imhotep of the 3rd Dynasty and that Pharaoh Khasekhemwy was the Pharaoh that freed him from slavery.


I'm quite new here... Still learning to grab more info. Your point of Joseph thing is appreciated.

To be honest I haven't got that far yet... So I couldn't argue much actually... And yes, Joseph and his brothers movement to egypt is significant. However, this didn't mean that others Jews never arrived egypt before him. For example, prophet Abraham. But their movement mark history that lead to the Moses Era.

Ok this is what i understand about Joseph, roughly. Joseph was bought by Potiphar (bible) or Al-Aziz (Koran)... So he was probably a vizier to the king of egypt. Then Joseph was imprisoned by Al-Aziz... then later was released by the king because of his ability to interpret the king dream. if i'm not mistaken Joseph was later offer position under this king.

So, what Imhotep position was actually?


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 2:17 am 
Pharaoh
Offline

Joined:Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:24 pm
Posts:579
Location: Rome, Georgia USA
zampeada wrote:
And yes, Joseph and his brothers movement to egypt is significant. However, this didn't mean that others Jews never arrived egypt before him. For example, prophet Abraham. But their movement mark history that lead to the Moses Era.

So, what Imhotep position was actually?

http://interoz.com/egypt/who/imhotep.htm
Imhotep was an official during the 3rd Dynasty and served under four kings. He is best known
for his position as vizier and high priest of Ptah during the reign of Djoser I. Imhotep was a
commoner by birth, but rose through the ranks with his natural talents and dedication. Imhotep
was called the "Son of Ptah" but didn't limit himself to religious matters alone. He was a very
good poet, architect, and priest-physician. The greatest achievement of Imhotep is the Step
Pyramid at Saqqara. He built this pyramid for Djoser, but it became an architectural model for
the spiritual ideals of the people of Egypt.

Djoser's Step Pyramid was not just a tomb, but was a collection of temples, pavilions,
corridors, chapels, halls and storerooms. His plan included fluted columns that were attached
to the limestone walls, which conformed to the walls in the palace. This preserved a link with
the past in the ancient styles of architecture.

His best known writings were medical writings. He was honored by the Greeks during the
Roman period. The emperors Claudius and Tiberius had inscriptions praising Imhotep placed
on the walls of their Egyptian temples.
``````````````````````````````````````````````
Sekhmet continues
Djoser did follow the 2nd Dynasty Pharaoh Khasekhemwy archaeology proves this, although Manetho has another king between them in his work.
The first use of Greatest of Seers, is first used during the time of Khasekhemwy. And during the reign of the Ptolomies, Djoser and Imhotep were credited with ending a famine that last 7 years.

If one takes the time to read the blessings on Joseph by his father Jacob. One will clearly see the fortunes of Imhotep in Jacob's blessings. Almost spooky.

Abraham did visit Egypt, according to my research the best time for him to have done so was when Queen Merneith was ruling for her underage son Pharaoh Den of the 1st Dynasty. Who as an adult takes credit for the destruction of several cities on Egypt's northeast border. For your information the time span is Biblically correct for Abraham to have visited Egypt during the reign of Queen Regent Merneith to that of Imhotep is about 230 years the same number of years one gets from Abraham leaving Ur to Joseph age 17.
From Joseph/Imhotep to the end of the Old Kingdom, you have another Biblically correct time span of 430 years. You have the Biblically supported Conquest with the Canaanite, and Palestinian destruction of cities happening at the end of the Bronze Age.

What you don't have is the 480 years time span mentioned in 2nd Kings 6:1; however this number is not possible if one adds the given years that are listed in Judges as Judges 2:18 instructs. The only way one can get 480 years is to violate Judges 2:18. There are also 2 Judges one named but with no given years of rule, and one Judge not named, but is named in the Song of Deborah, nor is he given any years. So any timeline constructed using the 2nd Kings 6:1 verse as a guideline is wrong.

To get the proper placement of Judges, and Kings one is dependent upon archaeology. At the battle of Meddego Deborah claims capture of 900 iron chariots, while Tuthmosis III at his own battle at Meddego claims the capture of 896 iron chariots. Both Deborah and Tuthmosis III claim to have destroyed Hazor. It is the same battle not two seperate battles as is taught. Iron age Hazor shows no destruction that could be related to Deborah's battle. Archaeology gives us Egyptian writing dating to the 18th Dynasty that is extremely similar to Biblical works credited mostly to David and Solomon. Ramesses II claims to have sacked Jerusalem during the rule of Solomon's son after the division of united Israel into Israel and Judah. We find his father and grandfather being the first Pharaohs regaining ground in Southern Palestine since Tuthmosis IV. We have the son of Ramesses II claiming to have wiped out the seed of Israel, with its prince begging peace as well.
A chronology that is agreeable is possible using the Bible and archaeology, but for some reason not many folks see it. Especially, those experts whose job it is to see it.

Chronology agreements between the Bible and archaeology is used with the permission of Patricia Blosser-Lotfinia copyrighted author Abram Back in Time.


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:05 am 
Scribe
Offline

Joined:Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:53 pm
Posts:51
Location: Malaysia
To me Abraham might live in 5th/6th dynasty, Joseph probably at the time of Hyksos (16th/17th dynasty) and Moses in 19th dynasty.

Sekhmet this might interest you, though I'm not sure where they date the King... probably in 16th Dynasty.

======
A Trace Of The Name 'Jacob' Expressed In Hieroglyphs
In the Bible, Jacob(P) was the grandson of Abraham(P) and Sarah, the son of Isaac(P) and Rebecca, and the traditional ancestor of all Israel. He wrestled with an angel, who gave him the name Israel (Hebrew Yisra'el, Arabic Isra'il) (see Genesis 32:22-32). Jacob's(P) twelve sons were the ancestors of the twelve tribes of Israel; Jacob's(P) favourite being Joseph(P).

In the Holy Scriptures, there is no other Hebrew named Jacob with the exception of the eponymous ancestor of "Israel." The semitic name Yakub (Jacob) is mentioned -- as far as we know written for the first time in hieroglyphic characters -- in the list of the last Hyksos kings...

Since the end of the 19th century, specialists in Old Egyptian have been aware of the existence of the word "Israil" which appeared in a hieroglyphic text. Despite the fact that this quotation is unique, knowledge of it is widespread. On the contrary, the quotation of the name of Jacob in the same language is not so well-known: nevertheless, Jacob was similarly expressed in the titles of a Hyksos king of the 15th dynasty, who reigned during the 17th century B.C.

We must take into account that the Hyksos, who were respectful of the Egyptian religious customs, kept on using the names of local gods for their titles; in this way, the name of a sovereign expressed religious facts, exactly like it did for the traditional sovereigns of the country.

Thus, the king MERUSERRE

Image

had a first titular name which means: "The one who loves the power of (god) Re." But it is the first element of the entire name, as for Ramesses II, where the first element was: "The (god) Re gave birth to him," preceding four other expressions, each of them having a religious sense. For King MERUSERRE, one knows only what follows the first element, two words: YAKUB HER, whose orthography is alphabetic and would not leave us in uncertainty about the translation: "Yakub (Jacob) is content (or satisfied)." One cannot know the reason for it, the more so since we are not aware of the last elements of the entire name: we may suppose that they would have been useful to a more complete understanding.

Some specialists in Old Egyptian seem not to have taken an approach that would have taken biblical history into account in their interpretation of the word "Yakub" as Jacob. From a purely linguistic point of view, they discuss the meaning of "Her," assuming that it might not have the classical meaning that is reported here: maybe it would have been transliterated from the Semitic word "EL" whose sense is "deity" and would become "Her" in hieroglyphs; through such an alteration "Yakub Her" would have a different meaning.

Nevertheless, we must draw special attention to what we know about this Hykos king of the 15th dynasty: he reigned circa 1650 B.C., as is accurately stated in a reference to the date of his quarrel with a kinglet of Thebes that is confirmed by texts. Also, it is most likely that we can situate a little before this precise time the entry of Jacob into Egypt, according to the general results of the present study. At the very least, the mention of the word "Yakub" in a titulary of a Hyksos king unique in hieroglyphs - means that the Hyksos aristocracy had just then introduced the name of Jacob as a kind of patron. Despite the absence of a rigorous demonstration from a linguistic point of view, we may suggest the possibility of an additional correspondence between the biblical teaching and the history of this time.

The Hyksos king is also listed in Nicolas Grimal's book, A History of Ancient Egypt.

The name YAKUB-HER is also translated as "Yakub (Jacob) is happy" in Mummies of the Pharaohs. Modern Medical Investigations. Interestingly, concerning the meaning of the name Israel, The Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible concludes that:

the most probable interpretation is that which connects the name Israel with the root isr/'sr, "reliable," "successful," "happy."

In the title YAKUB-HER "Yakub (Jacob) is content (or satisfied or happy)", could it carry a connection to the name Israel?


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:23 pm 
Scribe
Offline

Joined:Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:53 pm
Posts:51
Location: Malaysia
Sekhmet wrote:
zampeada wrote:
And yes, Joseph and his brothers movement to egypt is significant. However, this didn't mean that others Jews never arrived egypt before him. For example, prophet Abraham. But their movement mark history that lead to the Moses Era.

So, what Imhotep position was actually?

http://interoz.com/egypt/who/imhotep.htm
Imhotep was an official during the 3rd Dynasty and served under four kings. He is best known
for his position as vizier and high priest of Ptah during the reign of Djoser I. Imhotep was a
commoner by birth, but rose through the ranks with his natural talents and dedication. Imhotep
was called the "Son of Ptah" but didn't limit himself to religious matters alone. He was a very
good poet, architect, and priest-physician. The greatest achievement of Imhotep is the Step
Pyramid at Saqqara. He built this pyramid for Djoser, but it became an architectural model for
the spiritual ideals of the people of Egypt.

Djoser's Step Pyramid was not just a tomb, but was a collection of temples, pavilions,
corridors, chapels, halls and storerooms. His plan included fluted columns that were attached
to the limestone walls, which conformed to the walls in the palace. This preserved a link with
the past in the ancient styles of architecture.

His best known writings were medical writings. He was honored by the Greeks during the
Roman period. The emperors Claudius and Tiberius had inscriptions praising Imhotep placed
on the walls of their Egyptian temples.
``````````````````````````````````````````````
Sekhmet continues
Djoser did follow the 2nd Dynasty Pharaoh Khasekhemwy archaeology proves this, although Manetho has another king between them in his work.
The first use of Greatest of Seers, is first used during the time of Khasekhemwy. And during the reign of the Ptolomies, Djoser and Imhotep were credited with ending a famine that last 7 years.

If one takes the time to read the blessings on Joseph by his father Jacob. One will clearly see the fortunes of Imhotep in Jacob's blessings. Almost spooky.

Abraham did visit Egypt, according to my research the best time for him to have done so was when Queen Merneith was ruling for her underage son Pharaoh Den of the 1st Dynasty. Who as an adult takes credit for the destruction of several cities on Egypt's northeast border. For your information the time span is Biblically correct for Abraham to have visited Egypt during the reign of Queen Regent Merneith to that of Imhotep is about 230 years the same number of years one gets from Abraham leaving Ur to Joseph age 17.
From Joseph/Imhotep to the end of the Old Kingdom, you have another Biblically correct time span of 430 years. You have the Biblically supported Conquest with the Canaanite, and Palestinian destruction of cities happening at the end of the Bronze Age.

What you don't have is the 480 years time span mentioned in 2nd Kings 6:1; however this number is not possible if one adds the given years that are listed in Judges as Judges 2:18 instructs. The only way one can get 480 years is to violate Judges 2:18. There are also 2 Judges one named but with no given years of rule, and one Judge not named, but is named in the Song of Deborah, nor is he given any years. So any timeline constructed using the 2nd Kings 6:1 verse as a guideline is wrong.

To get the proper placement of Judges, and Kings one is dependent upon archaeology. At the battle of Meddego Deborah claims capture of 900 iron chariots, while Tuthmosis III at his own battle at Meddego claims the capture of 896 iron chariots. Both Deborah and Tuthmosis III claim to have destroyed Hazor. It is the same battle not two seperate battles as is taught. Iron age Hazor shows no destruction that could be related to Deborah's battle. Archaeology gives us Egyptian writing dating to the 18th Dynasty that is extremely similar to Biblical works credited mostly to David and Solomon. Ramesses II claims to have sacked Jerusalem during the rule of Solomon's son after the division of united Israel into Israel and Judah. We find his father and grandfather being the first Pharaohs regaining ground in Southern Palestine since Tuthmosis IV. We have the son of Ramesses II claiming to have wiped out the seed of Israel, with its prince begging peace as well.
A chronology that is agreeable is possible using the Bible and archaeology, but for some reason not many folks see it. Especially, those experts whose job it is to see it.

Chronology agreements between the Bible and archaeology is used with the permission of Patricia Blosser-Lotfinia copyrighted author Abram Back in Time.


i've read josephus work... but couldn't work out the mathematic... so it was the exodus to the death of jacob... about 250 years... and abraham is about 400++...

and all i don't understand what are judges in your work.


Top
 Profile  
 

Canaanites
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 3:06 pm 
Pharaoh
Offline

Joined:Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:49 pm
Posts:914
Location: Long Beach, CA
Sekhmet wrote:
there is one aspect of the of the Conquest of Canaan by the Israelites that no one ever mentions that bothers me. That is what happens to the displaced Canaanites?
It's perfectly clear to the LDS--Mormons--Sekhmet. I'm originally from Utah, my family were all Mormon (I am not) and they believe that the 10 "Lost" Tribes took a boat and went to the Southern Americas, where they established the Mayan and Aztec civilizations.
And during Jesus' unknown years, he was bringing the word to South America!


Top
 Profile  
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


  Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Style by web designer custom , optymalizacja seo pozycjonowanie stron pozycjonowanie
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group