All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Yugi-Oh
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 8:21 pm 
Pharaoh

Your not gonna beleive this but...I was in Walmart with my wife and daughter. We were walking through the toy section and I saw this generic Yugi-Oh card binder that had hieroglyphs all over the front.It didn't say Yugi-Oh on it but it was supposed to be an imitation. Now usually this type of stuff doesn't really say anything, I know because my 7 year old son collects Yugi-Oh cards. It's like they just put the hieroglyphs in no order...the kids can't tell the difference. But this binder actually said something.

I started to read it as we were walking and stopped dead. I told my wife hang on this actually says something.The glyphs translated to:

"hi my name is arthur I play bass in a band called luna park you can check us out at luna park dot ws (?)"

I couldn't belive it! So I searched online for a band called Luna Park and sure enough there is such a band and the bass player's name is Arthur! After checking into this guy, it turns out he is a graphic designer for some company named Creative Group at Sierra.

Pretty crazy huh!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 8:28 pm 
It's evil I tells ya! With their subliminal messages and stuff like that....

Re: Yugi-Oh
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:15 pm 
Pharaoh

Neb-Ma'at-Re wrote:
Your not gonna beleive this but... I saw this generic Yugi-Oh card binder that had hieroglyphs all over the front. Now usually this type of stuff doesn't really say anything, I know because my 7 year old son collects Yugi-Oh cards. It's like they just put the hieroglyphs in no order...the kids can't tell the difference. But this binder actually said something.

"hi my name is arthur I play bass in a band called luna park you can check us out at luna park dot ws (?)"

I couldn't belive it! So I searched online for a band called Luna Park and sure enough there is such a band and the bass player's name is Arthur! After checking into this guy, it turns out he is a graphic designer for some company named Creative Group at Sierra.

Pretty crazy huh!!!!

Cool Neb-Ma'at-Re thanks for sharing :) lol

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 3:50 am 
Pharaoh

Omg, thats hilarious! I try to do that too with movies like Tomb Raider but they never say anything.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 4:05 am 
Prince/Princess

hahahahahahahahahah thats something that even i couldnt think of doing! i could learn alot from this guy, talk about free advertisement!

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 8:34 am 
Prince/Princess

:D Interesting

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:53 pm 
Egyptian Architect

Funfun! I tried to do that with the egyptian stuff in rides when our band programs went to Orlando for the Fiestaval thingie, but i didn't find anything. The Mummy ride at Universal was cool though! :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:37 pm 
Servant

O_O

Being a HUGE fan of Yu-Gi-Oh myself, that is....very interesting. That's one reason why I'm going to take something that will teach me to read hieroglyphics...I want to read stuff like that. ^_^

Thanks for sharing...that's kinda scary!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:59 am 
Gods/Goddesses

Read the egyptian lego sets :D They name 4 gods, thoth, anubis, horus, and khnum. And there's the name Gail on one of the walls. It's cool.

I know a program that i have on another computer somewhere in my house. It's a hieroglyph. I'll check it out and see if I can find the address I got it from. Not sure if it's authentic though.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:49 pm 
Pharaoh

Hi Ramsekh, Welcome to KingTutOne! Thanks for the cool information. Neat Legos and hieroglyphs :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:48 pm 
Pharaoh

Legos! Love them! lol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:21 am 
Pharaoh

I loved the Egyptian set, that was great. Though the temple wasn't exactly historically accurate! lol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:11 am 
Pharaoh

Did you know there is a Puzz 3D mini of an Egyptian sarcophagus? lol I really want it

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:44 am 
Gods/Goddesses

I got the 3D pyramid puzzle but only put the pyramid together. There's a base that looks like a tomb painting that goes around the pyramid. I'd put it together but I can't find the cheat sheet :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:13 am 
Prince/Princess

8) That would be a fun puzzle!