All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 6:03 pm 
Pharaoh

Tash wrote:
GO SHENRON wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooo

Who?

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:31 pm 
Egyptian Architect

Do you mean Shenron as in Shen-long, the Emperor of China in the Qing dynasty? Cause thats another varriation on the romanized "spelling" of his name...

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 8:10 pm 
Prince/Princess

LOL dont u guys watch any Animes? Shenron is the god of the earth dragon balls, when u collect all the 7 dragonballs and say the magic words Shenron will appear and grant u three wishes, any DBZ fan will know

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 11:26 am 
Egyptian Architect

eh...yes, anime. I use to love it, but now I only like a select few. I've come to realize that most anime's are exactly the same, same plot, same story, same characters only with a different hair color. But yeah...DBZ's ok...i don't like it that much anymore, I like the original Dragonball better, all the other DB's are kinda stupid...

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 3:13 am 
Prince/Princess

I really dont like GT, the other two are great, but all the origional characters are getting to old, like Goku Vegeta Piccolo and Bulma, and teen trunks, unlike future trunks, is a dork. i recon though now u mention it, thats where akira toriman may have got Sherons name from, hmmm, we learn a new thing every day

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 2:25 pm 
Servant

I think ANUBIS is my favourite god being the the god of the underworld (PRESERVE ALL THE DEAD) how cool is that with his jackal head. what a TOP DOG. lol. GET IT

Seth
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:31 am 
Servant

Wow, tons of people here talking about how Egyptian gods "aren't real" and how there is "only one true God..." Did you even realize there are still people who worship ancient Egyptian gods? We usually call ourselves "Kemetic." There's the Kemetic Orthodoxy, for example. You can find that at http://www.kemet.org, although I'm personally not in the Orthodoxy, I study and practice alone.

I feel drawn to Seth. He was a weirdo, I'm a weirdo, it just fits. OK, so it's not that simple. But close enough.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:29 am 
Servant

What egytian God do I feel associated to...
I think my nickname should give the answer... :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:10 am 
Prince/Princess

I do not know I mean they are all cool , I think I am alittle bit of all of them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:19 pm 
Pharaoh

I've always felt a connection to Isis. She is an eternal mother, enchantress, wife and warrior. She searched the whole world for her husband, used her magic to resurrect him, single handedly raised their son in the delta and fought against her murdering brother Set. She tricked the sun god out of his secret name and saved her son from the fatal poison of a scorpion. How can anyone not respect and admire her.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:29 pm 
Pharaoh

I respect, admire, and have many things in common with thousands of people. In a world of 6 billion theres gonna be people you look up to, but that doesnt make them connected to you in a spiritual way.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:14 pm 
Pharaoh

Of course one can feel respect and admiration for anyone else but I thought my emotions on the goddess were obvious. I believe that it is slightly more than me just looking up to her. I am sorry if I didn't make myself clear but I had hoped that my spiritual connection with her would have come through in my writing. I do feel a connection to her, I talk to her when I feel the need to. I have never felt a connection like that to a single human being, or god. I feel that she is with me always and that she protects me. Hopefully this message will clear up any queries you have on how I feel towards the goddess.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:43 pm 
Pharaoh

Si-Amun wrote:
Of course one can feel respect and admiration for anyone else but I thought my emotions on the goddess were obvious. I believe that it is slightly more than me just looking up to her. I am sorry if I didn't make myself clear but I had hoped that my spiritual connection with her would have come through in my writing. I do feel a connection to her, I talk to her when I feel the need to. I have never felt a connection like that to a single human being, or god. I feel that she is with me always and that she protects me. Hopefully this message will clear up any queries you have on how I feel towards the goddess.

But you used to believe in God, Why dont you pray to him or talk to him?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:54 am 
Pharaoh

I do not think that I believe in Isis as the ancients believed in her. I believe in her as the personification of the attributes that she has. I found it too hard to believe in the Christian God as he seemed to have such a limited array of emotion. Bear with me here. I found it too hard a concept to believe in an all loving god who was without hate and who at the end of it has no real struggle or opposition. If you are a Christian you should believe that Satan was defeated at the Cross when we were all "saved from sin". I merely talk to Isis as an embodiment of the emotions that I admire, that is why I feel such a connection to her.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:20 am 
Gods/Goddesses

actually, the Christian God has lots of emotion. He laughed with his disciples, He hungered and thirsted like all of us (see the temptation of Jesus), He was betrayed by his best friend (Judas Iscariot), and how can we forget the shortest verse in the Bible, "Jesus wept?" My particular religion believes you can have a relationship with Jesus, and not just go through the motions. Unfortunately, I have yet to experience such a thing and am getting a little skeptical...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next