All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:04 am 
Pharaoh

its called a sarcophagus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:02 pm 
Prince/Princess

I do not believe in the curse of King Tut. Because Howard Carter lived a long life and he was the one who found te tomb if anyone was cursed it would have been him. :roll: But that is just my thought.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:46 pm 
Scribe

Location: South Alabama Where the rednecks and the rebels live
I dont believe in it either

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:33 am 
Prince/Princess

I do not beleive there was a true curse, but I must read up to determine whetehr I beleive there is one.

its real!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:41 am 
i believe in the curse because how else would there be bacteria in a 3,000 year old tomb? the bacteria was comanded to kill wjo ever lay eyes on the tomb! :twisted: heheeheheheh

Re: its real!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:27 pm 
Pharaoh

Lee wrote:
i believe in the curse because how else would there be bacteria in a 3,000 year old tomb? the bacteria was comanded to kill wjo ever lay eyes on the tomb! :twisted: heheeheheheh

A 3,000 yr old tomb is the pefect spot for bacteria actually...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:36 pm 
Egyptian Architect

I don't think it would be wet enough for bacteria to survive.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:49 pm 
Pharaoh

Bacteria can survive where its not wet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:32 pm 
Pharaoh

MOTHERLAND!!!! wrote:
I don't think it would be wet enough for bacteria to survive.

Actually many of the tombs have been flooded throughout the centuries. Resulting in damp conditions that bacteria thrive in especially with all the funerary goods left for the dead.

curse
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 5:35 pm 
Pharaoh

In fact, there's a good example of the bacteria growing in Tutankhamen's tomb. In any photo of the antechamber, the only room in the tomb that was painted, have you ever noticed the little dark brown/black dots that cover the images painted? That's bacteria. Evidently, water seeped into the tomb at some time in the past, and bacteria that was on the floral wreaths left in the tomb used the hot, damp air to breed.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 6:50 pm 
Prince/Princess

Is the Bacteria harmful that grows in the tombs?

Bacteria
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:54 am 
Pharaoh

It can be, Ankh. Recently, I read an article concerning a woman and her husband that took a vacation in Egypt. At the Valley of the Kings, they walked around, looking at each tomb. They spent quite a long time in Tut's tomb, examining the tomb paintings and trying to decide what the marks could be. After the vacation, they returned home: The wife became quite ill. Doctors couldn't figue out what was wrong with her, and put her in the hospital for futher tests. She died shortly after being admitted. An autopsy preformed on her showed a massive bacterial infection in her lungs. The bacteria strain was isolated, and identified as the same that was in the tomb.
Needless to say, this was a rare case. Many people examine Tut's tomb without any ill effects. She was just very suseptable to the bacterial strain.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 12:30 pm 
Prince/Princess

Interesting,That could be the curse. Well I mean its not really a curse its just Barcteria.That would explain why some people get effected by the "curse" and some do not. The Bacteria does not effect them or they did not spend enough time in the tomb.

Mummies curse
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:25 am 
Pharaoh

The most famous of the curses was that supposedly foun in Tut's tomb. But looking at it objectively, it just doesn't exist. Supposedly, an inscription was found--or perhaps is was a papyrus--that stated "Death comes on swift wings to those who violate this tomb" . There were no inscriptions or papyrii found in the tomb. An enetriprising reporter, looking for a new "slant" on the discovery, started the rumour of a curse in his paper. It caught on with the public, and soon after every death that was in any way connected with someone who had entered the tomb was shown as "proof" of the curse.
There are records from several tombs that do have curses from the original burials. They usually say something like "If you enter this mansion to do harm, may your ka be eaten by a crocodile".
There is speculation about the bacterial deaths. Many tombs, when opened, have been said to contain a fine powder that was agitated by those who entered the tomb, and they soon were showing effects of an infection. Who knows what type of practice the ancient Egyptian priests used to try and protect the bodies?

Mummies curse
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:26 am 
Pharaoh

The most famous of the curses was that supposedly found in Tut's tomb. But looking at it objectively, it just doesn't exist. Supposedly, an inscription was found--or perhaps is was a papyrus--that stated "Death comes on swift wings to those who violate this tomb" . There were no inscriptions or papyrii found in the tomb. An enetriprising reporter, looking for a new "slant" on the discovery, started the rumour of a curse in his paper. It caught on with the public, and soon after every death that was in any way connected with someone who had entered the tomb was shown as "proof" of the curse.
There are records from several tombs that do have curses from the original burials. They usually say something like "If you enter this mansion to do harm, may your ka be eaten by a crocodile".
There is speculation about the bacterial deaths. Many tombs, when opened, have been said to contain a fine powder that was agitated by those who entered the tomb, and they soon were showing effects of an infection. Who knows what type of practice the ancient Egyptian priests used to try and protect the bodies?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next