All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:06 pm 
Prince/Princess

The main admin rarely posts here. :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:55 pm 
Gods/Goddesses

He's THE Admin *says "The" in reverence* He owns it. He hired us. Before, Akhenaten were just regular members like you! :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:58 pm 
Prince/Princess

He sounds like a really good person! After all, he made this excellent site! 8)

My Pyramid Info....
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:02 am 
Tomb Robber

:shock:
OK....> I found, (after about 6 years of study, the pryamid has many different things that come up in not only math, but other things that I am working on even today). in math, the number #1522 comes up more than any other number that is in any pyramid.
Did you know that one could sharpen his or her razor blade in a home made pyramid?
Etc...Etc... ExcetraJay@aol.com

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:58 pm 
Pharaoh

Excetra, I read that too about the razor blades too, so I constructed a little pyramid to test it out but I havent done it yet, though I highly doubt it works..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:51 am 
Prince/Princess

Well well well, this is realy interesting, i know that it could be hard to beleive that aliens would come to earth, i myself dont beleive point blank that aliens would travel all that way (it doesnt matter where the alien had come from it is still a long way, if you have any idea about space and distances you will realise its a bloody long way!) to come to earth and visit for about 5 minutes then leave. perhaps if it was just a pit stop, but then, perhaps a long time ago (millions of years would be plauseable) this alien might have seen the earth as he was going by and thought "hey theres alot of potential here" and created the human, and everything to go with it, i forget where but i have heard about footprints of sandals in the mud next to a set of dinosaur footprints, dating back millions of years, and there is a theroy that the sphinx is older than first thought.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:39 pm 
Prince/Princess

sorry about that, mum made me get off mid reply.

anyway. there is good reason to beleive that the shpinx is oler than thought because
a) water erosion, there has not been any good rain reported on the Giza Plateau for many many many thousands of years, thousand of years before it was supposdly first built.

b) has anybody heard of the 'first page of egyptian history" ? it is a heart shaped tablet that displays narmer uniting lower and upper egypt, if you look at the head of his club, it is engraves with a number, as this is coming from my memory i forget the number, wich is extreemly advanced i think it is the number 1 million. this is displaying advanced hyrogliphics before they were said to have been developed. perhaps this tablet was displaying the re-grouping of the survivors of the great flood, perhaps before the flood a greater than we know egyptian civilisation could have existed. the could have built the pyramids and locked away the information that they possesd in the hall of record to knowlege of the flood coming, they may have fpund refuge while the gods left the earth, after the flood a slow decline could have occourd, they could have bee unable to find the hall of records, and with what they rememberd tried to re create the pyramids, (the bent pyramid) still declining they could have decided to create their own style of pyramid, one that would be easyer to create mathamaticaly, the step pyramid, could the orthodox views of the egyptian accline into greatness be insetead the decline. with the introduction of christianity could they have just given up?

i dont see what this has to do with the thread, but it proposes the posibility that aliens could have indeed helped out with the mayan and egyptian civilisations, i mean, what did happen to the maya? apparently they just dissapeard

Re: Pyramid communication
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:47 pm 
Servant

sarah wrote:
I was watching the discovery channel and as I remember it, I think some scientists are saying that maybe, just maybe, the Egyptians might have influenced the Mayans. I wonder if the Egyptians and the Mayans communicated somehow!? Maybe through the sky, such as constellations(sp) and stuff through the heavens, who knows! :wink:

The Discovery Channel, as much as we'd like to think it is giving scholarly, completely accurate info, is there to entertain you. So before you get caught up in ideas that the Egyptians and Mayans communicated with each other to make pyramids, consider this:

1. The Egyptian pyramids and Mayan pyramids were used for two different purposes. One was most likely a tomb, the other most likely a place for sacrifices.

2. They are not shaped the same. Mayan pyramids have steps which are meant to be climbed, Egyptian pyramids were smooth.

3. Mayan pyramids were meant to be inhabited by living people, Egyptian pyramids were not.

4. They are built differently. Mayan pyramids are basically casings filled with rubble, whereas Egyptian ones are solid stone with the exception of chambers.

In short, people who make a big deal out of both cultures having pyramids are focusing way too much on very small similarities, and ignoring the huge differences.

These cultures probably were not connected. I highly doubt the Egyptians sailed a reed boat to Mesoamerica or communicated through stars to them. They just independently created pyramids.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:08 am 
Pharaoh

Thank God for a voice of reason, Sisetekh! All of this stuff about the "mysterious" happenings in pyramid's is getting out of control.
I can't understand the object of denying credit to the building of the pyramids to Egyptians, and not aliens. Perhaps awe at such an achievement by a early civilization?
The thing overlooked by most in discoursing on the magical effects of the Great Pyramid--it is but one of many! There are over 100 pyramids along the banks of the Nile. Many of the features that are considered to be only in the GP are in others as well--for example, the relieving chambers above the burial chamber. Only in the GP, right? Wrong! Recent exploration of the so-called Red Pyramid have shown that relieving chambers are there, too.
Speculation of contact between the ancient Egyptians and Mayans is just that--specultion and nothing more. Rational thought shows that the pyramids are vastly different. It is not unusual for different societies to use similar ideas.
Stop bad-mouthing the Egyptians and give them the credit they deserve!