All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Thesis
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:57 am 
Egyptian Architect

Hey, I have to do an english paper, and although it doesn't specify what topic, it has to be something along the lines of how x influenced y, or something that effected a person, event...etc... I've come up with three topics: the evolution of the roles of the Netjeru, the influence of women (particularly Queen's), and the influence of the Amarna period. I can't decide which one I want to do, and was thinking of somehow incorperating all three into one thesis, but I can't think of a good way to do that. Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Thesis
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:34 pm 
Pharaoh

Ankhesenpa-aten wrote:
Hey, I have to do an english paper, and although it doesn't specify what topic, it has to be something along the lines of how x influenced y, or something that effected a person, event...etc... I've come up with three topics: the evolution of the roles of the Netjeru, the influence of women (particularly Queen's), and the influence of the Amarna period. I can't decide which one I want to do, and was thinking of somehow incorperating all three into one thesis, but I can't think of a good way to do that. Anyone have any ideas?

Hi Ankhesenpa-aten it wouldn't be impossible to incorperate it all as you are thinking. It might be though to big to work comfortably. If it was me, i would start with the defination, and explanation of Netjeru. Bringing into the discussion the influence of the Queen and how she complement the King's power but not in a way that lead to an equality between King and Queen. Then introduce the 18th Dynasty of which the Amarna period was the final and greatest expression of equality Netjeru between King and Queen.
Because so many folks still believe that Akhenaten came up with his revolution all by himself. It might be hard to describe how his "Amarna Revolution" was actually the final expression, in his dynasty of the advancement of Royal women, nearly unequaled in Egyptian history. This starting with the rule of the "God's Wife" Queen Ahhotep I, her daughter Ahmose-Nefertari, followed by Hatshesut. Then followed by the "non-God's Wives" Queens Tiye and Nefertiti. The advancement of the Aten, that begins without doubt in Tuthmosis IV reign and might find it's 18th Dynasty favor beginning in Tuthmosis III reign.
It is an awful large amount of data to incorperate and still keep readable. It is very possible to do so, but will require a great deal of effort. If you decide to take the challenge, the best of luck. If you decide not to, understandable really. Either way, Ankhesenpa-aten i would enjoy reading it when you are done.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:48 am 
Egyptian Architect

That's it!! I have a thesis now! It's gonna be something along the lines of "How the role of women influenced Egyptian Society". That way I can find a way to incorperate all of that into my essay! Thanks for the help Sekhmet! :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:28 pm 
Pharaoh

Thinking of the work ahead of you Ankesenpa-aten, i wonder if you really want to thank me. But your welcome anyway, and the best of luck with it:) Remember i would like to read it when you get it done!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:02 pm 
Egyptian Architect

Sure, I'll send you a copy of it. But i warn you it might be awhile since it's not due till the middle/end of May.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 3:06 pm 
Pharaoh

Ankhesenpa-aten wrote:
Sure, I'll send you a copy of it. But i warn you it might be awhile since it's not due till the middle/end of May.

Hey, Ankhesenpa-aten i was just wondering how your reseach is going? Remember if you need any help some of us here might be able to provide it :)

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:29 pm 
Egyptian Architect

Everythings going pretty well, thanks for asking!

I've basically organized it in a generalized way so i can incorperate everything I wanted to. The first part starts out with the basic everyday lives of women, occupations, rights, and such. Then the second part is how the goddesses played a major role in their religion, and gives brief descriptions of some major ones and their function. Then the last part ties together the first and second, with how governmental and religious roles tie in, and describes some famous (Royal) women, or important/influential women.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:32 am 
Pharaoh

Hi Ankhesenpa-aten, i was just wondering about your report. Did you get it done? Have you gotten it back? How did it go. You tackled a really big topic, good for you! Don't forget i for one would like to know how it went.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:36 am 
Egyptian Architect

Oh yes, I've finished it. I haven't gotten it back yet, but I have a copy on my hard drive I can PM you or something. It's kind of short now, I had to cut out a lot to fit it on 6 pages. The assignment was only suppose to be 3-5 pages long... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:47 am 
Pharaoh

Ankhesenpa-aten wrote:
Oh yes, I've finished it. I haven't gotten it back yet, but I have a copy on my hard drive I can PM you or something. It's kind of short now, I had to cut out a lot to fit it on 6 pages. The assignment was only suppose to be 3-5 pages long... :lol:

:) i said it was a big job you had picked out for yourself :) i am pleased to hear that you not only carried it out but was able to cut it down to acceptable size. Please yes i would like to read it so please PM me with it. Thank you :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:06 pm 
Pharaoh

I hope you did well, Ankshy!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:04 pm 
Egyptian Architect

Lol! Thanks! I hope I did too! I'll probably be getting it back sometime this week though, so stay tuned! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:56 pm 
Pharaoh

Well..??? :D :D Any news? lol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:52 pm 
Egyptian Architect

Eh...hehe...sorry, haven't been on the internet for a while...

But I finally got back my paper on the last day of school, got a 89 for spelling. Frankly I don't think it was spelling; I spell checked it twice and read it over a couple of times, and I didn't see any spelling mistakes. My teacher probably got confused by the egyptian terms, which i DID define, and took of points for it. Oh well, I had an A all year and A's on the final and midterm, doesn't matter to me cause I still have a 4.0! Mwah!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:46 am 
Pharaoh

4.0 WOW! Good Job!