All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:38 pm 
Pharaoh

Just because you love Egypt doesnt mean you have to be a descendant of it. Its just something you like and you have a passion for learning about it

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:36 am 
Prince/Princess

BTW to remember past lives there is a technique called spontaneoud visualization. I've tried it and it's cool, even though I'm not sure it was really a past life I saw.

yea
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:54 pm 
yea i totally bealive in it! :roll: :lol:

Past life...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:35 pm 
Egyptian Architect

I've been into metaphysics and reincarnation and all that stuff...it's very interesting. I dont exactly follow any "guidlines" so to speak on that sorta thing...but i do have my own theories, an yes i do think i had a past life in Ancient Egypt...betcha never guess who i was!! Mwah! (hint...look at my name...he he...) ^___^

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:59 am 
Prince/Princess

I try to go with the flow, if u had a past life and beleive in that thats cool, its ur opinion and people can beleive what they want. i try to keep an open mind without letting it cloud my judgment.

and about the immortality subject, i beleive in the immortality of souls, but i beleive that re-incarnation of souls doesnt realy work, your soul is affected by you growth environment, eg)experiences in you life affect the way you think and see thing from a moral position, if you had a past life thousands of years ago you would be a different person anyway because the growth environment would have been different, making your attitude to life different, though a spiritual mind is a great one.
i cannot beleive i contradict myself so much! i have a confused mind

I don't know.
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 8:09 am 
Servant

If any of us were reincarnated from an Ancient Egyptian, we were probably peasants. Or at least of a lower class. Thing is, people don't want to think they were poor people in past lives, they want to think they were pharaohs. If I could choose who I wish I was in a past life, it would be Hatshepsut. But obviously, chances are I was not. I do see myself as being pretty religious, though.

Re: I don't know.
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 8:31 am 
Egyptian Architect

Siseth wrote:
If any of us were reincarnated from an Ancient Egyptian, we were probably peasants. Or at least of a lower class. Thing is, people don't want to think they were poor people in past lives, they want to think they were pharaohs. If I could choose who I wish I was in a past life, it would be Hatshepsut. But obviously, chances are I was not. I do see myself as being pretty religious, though.

That's not necessarily true. There are also people who claim to be servant's and middle class people as well. Also, using myself as an example, I didn't know who Ankhesenpa-aten/Ankhesenamun was when I felt connected to the name. I didn't bother looking her up until a year or two ago. I got the name from watching The Mummy, but I pronounced it Ankh-Sun-Amun, not like the way they pronounced it in the movie. So I don't "wish" that I was Ankhesenpaaten/Ankhesenamun in a past life, I just got this "vibe" from the name. It just so happens that she's a minor queen. Again I stress MINOR. She's neither that famous or important, so you can't say that I just "wish" to be her because she was. Yes, she was royal too, but she was hated by the court because of her parents, and only famous by her husband Tutankhamun. If you wanted to choose someone "good" to be in a past life, why not choose to be someone "perfect", like Nefertari? She was favored by Rameses II and loved by the people, had monuments dedicated to her. Don't make assuptions on what people believe on scarce evidence.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:27 am 
Scribe

Meritaton wrote:
BTW to remember past lives there is a technique called spontaneoud visualization. I've tried it and it's cool, even though I'm not sure it was really a past life I saw.

Can u pass me the techniques?

Well i've read somewhere about Ka... Ancient Egyptian believes that each of us was born with Ka, identical but invisible of us. When we died, our Ka leaves us... don't be confused with soul... Soul is a different story, though.

Re: I don't know.
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:57 pm 
Servant

Ankhesenpa-aten wrote:
That's not necessarily true. There are also people who claim to be servant's and middle class people as well. Also, using myself as an example, I didn't know who Ankhesenpa-aten/Ankhesenamun was when I felt connected to the name. I didn't bother looking her up until a year or two ago. I got the name from watching The Mummy, but I pronounced it Ankh-Sun-Amun, not like the way they pronounced it in the movie. So I don't "wish" that I was Ankhesenpaaten/Ankhesenamun in a past life, I just got this "vibe" from the name. It just so happens that she's a minor queen. Again I stress MINOR. She's neither that famous or important, so you can't say that I just "wish" to be her because she was. Yes, she was royal too, but she was hated by the court because of her parents, and only famous by her husband Tutankhamun. If you wanted to choose someone "good" to be in a past life, why not choose to be someone "perfect", like Nefertari? She was favored by Rameses II and loved by the people, had monuments dedicated to her. Don't make assuptions on what people believe on scarce evidence.

If it's a minor queen, somebody few people know, it's a little different. Stress: A little different. But the simple fact of the matter is that many people who claim past lives are claiming people who were incredibly famous, recognizable people. One guy claims he was the man who built the Titanic. Tons of women claim to be Joan of Arc. I knew two people who claimed to be Tituba, and they got into an argument over it. And you know what? Many of these people truly believe that they were these people. They get "vibes" from the names, too. They aren't all lying, just as I don't think you are "lying," I simply feel that most people who claim to be people you can find in textbooks were influenced through other means. I'm not saying you consciously wish it, but nothing rules out the possibility that your mind is making it up.

Were you Ankhesenamun? If reincarnation happens, it could be a possibility. Famous people would be reincarnated too, and it would just be luck-of-the-draw that somebody got it right.

Actually, I drew this for a comic a while back, it's too big for me to embed but I'll put a link. It shows how I feel:
http://e.1asphost.com/hippyseros/Guide/6.jpg

Perhaps I'm biased. I don't believe reincarnation happens to people who don't believe in reincarnation, I believe that Egyptians who are put in tombs with the belief that they will have an afterlife much like their lives beforehand will have that afterlife. But I'm still more willing to believe people who say they were lower-class people than those who claim to be kings, queens, and saints.

I never said that nobody claims to be lower-class. I know a guy who says he was a German soldier in WWII. Not a general, not a hero, just a regular pissant soldier. So it's not that everybody is bluffing, it's that a great majority of people have expectations of themselves in past lives that I think are too high.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:02 pm 
Egyptian Architect

You've got some good points there, it is possible that so called "past life" experiences/vibe/whatnot are from outside influences, or the mind tricks itself into believing something (kind of like the concept of "doublethink" in <i>1984</i>...)

But it's not THAT unlikely that there are 50 different Cleopatra's out there. Sure, a lot of them might be just people who want attention, or the naieve people who are like "oh look, this guy from history was cool, i like him/her, i think i was this person in a past life". However, the people who really do have some sort of Karmic, or whatever, connection to a person in the past could all very well be that person. There's a lot of theories about the multiple reincarnate personas, and some of them are actually quite plausible.

By the way love the pic. lol! You should draw a sequel. (include Bush, Gore, and Nader!!!Mwah!...yeah...i just took the US Government and Politics AP exam...don't ask...)

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:14 pm 
Servant

Ankhesenpa-aten wrote:
By the way love the pic. lol! You should draw a sequel. (include Bush, Gore, and Nader!!!Mwah!...yeah...i just took the US Government and Politics AP exam...don't ask...)

Actually it's part of a larger comic poking fun of fluffy neo-Wiccans.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:26 am 
Servant

I have no idea, if there is reincarnation or not, but if there is, I propably was egypt once and I'm sure (about 100%) that I was african. Somewhere in the middle or at the coast.
And I always was female...I just can't imagine to be or have been male!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:58 pm 
Servant

I believe I was from ancient Egypt, or at least that it was a large part of one of my lives for some reason or another.

There is a way to see your past lives, I have an aunt who knows how to do it, but I never tried it myself.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:42 am 
Pharaoh

But please tell me what evidence you have that you have had a past life.

evidence
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:46 pm 
Pharaoh

Back in 1993 my son and I left our home and started out on our own. Little did we both know then that it would be a beautiful unfoldment of the blossoming flower for both of us. I started drawing out of the blue and Joshua started playing his drum's. I had never studied art and my long time friend's were amazed at my abilities. The uncanny thing about it now is it is a true life unfoldment. I drew the temple of Dier El Bahari and placed deep behind the temple a tomb that I titled Territorie's. It match's a picture i found in the library (the sun, mountain's and temple). Also I drew a picture of a horned Sphinx sitting above pyramid's with anubis below. All of this happened before I ever knew(and/or studied) anything about Egypt. It is still a constant unfoldment for me and happen's much to often to be mere coincidence. This is only some of the Egyptian source's that have come through. I have also reproduced in exact proportion w/out first knowing of it's origin's "Whistler's mother", it goes on and on. It would creep out the most ordinary of people but I have learned to work w/the gift from the God's and they bless me w/the presence of thy grace! And yes, I am a christian .... I just happen to truly understand the concept of death .. which literally mean's nothing is ever exactly the same. Simple in laymen's term's comparitively speaking.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next