All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

tut info
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 3:57 pm 
I have a big project on Tut due on 11/04/02 and need some ideas. Can anyone help Me by giving me ideas?

Thank-You ,
Daniellesad6 :roll: :lol: :? :lol: :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 6:37 pm 
Prince/Princess

Well, what do you want to base the prject on? Any particular aspect of Tutankhamen's life, or is just an all-around Tutankhamen project?

Here's what I can tell you about Pharaoh Tutankhamen...

Tutankhamen was the son of Pharaoh Akhenaten and maybe his second wife, Kiya, but no one knows for certain. When Tut's father died, Tutankhamen's older brother, Smenkhkhare, ruled for about three years. After that, an unknown person, named Neferneferaten, ruled for around two years. Then Tutankhamen ruled. He began ruling when he was only 9 years of age. He married his half sister, Ankhensenpaaten. They both changed their names soon after Tutankhamen began ruling because it contained the name Aten, which was the god that Akhenaten made all the people worship. Akhenaten had closed all the temples to the other gods and made a new capital city, Akhetaten. When Tutankhamen began ruling he moved the capital back to Thebes and opened all the temples. To show the people of Egypt that he wouldn't be like his father, he changed his name from Tutankhaten, meaning "The image of the Aten" to Tutankhamen, "Image of Amun." Ankhensenpaaten changed her name to Ankhsenamun.

Tutankhamen didn't rule very long, only 10 years. He died when he was 19. According to X-rays of his scull he sufferd a blow to the back of the head, one that could have been fatal. So many people now think that Tutankhamen was murdered. By whom? The most likely suspects are Aye, Tutankhamen's Vizier, and Horemheb, the Army General.

Tutankhamen didn't have any children, so there wasn't anyone to rule after him. Aye took on the throne. He was the brother of Queen Tye, Tutankhamen's Grandmother, and brother of Queen Nefertiti, the first Queen of Akhenaten and Tutankhamen's "Step-Mom."

In 1922 A.D. the British Excavator Howard Carter discovered Tutankhamen's tomb in the Valley of the Kings, which was across the river from Thebes, or modern-day Luxor. It was the first tomb found almost completely intact, containing almost all of its original burial goods.

-Akhenaten-

Re: tut info
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 6:28 pm 
Daniellesad6 wrote:
I have a big project on Tut due on 11/04/02 and need some ideas. Can anyone help Me by giving me ideas?

Thank-You ,
use yahooligans.com and tour egypt.com and geocities.com :arrow: :idea: :!: :!: :!:

Re: tut info
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 11:31 am 
Daniellesad6 wrote:

Thank-You ,
:oops: :P :twisted: :idea: :?: :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :shock: :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 3:23 pm 
There are tons of places that have discussions about his life and death here. Try the one in Queens of Egypt. It's 5 pgs long!