All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:58 pm 
Gods/Goddesses

Jamie is a he. Sorry if I called you a girl before. :oops: I don't usually look at profiles.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:25 pm 
Prince/Princess

I'm sorry, too :) These English names can be so confusing, everyone should use an Egyptian name :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:57 pm 
Servant

Anonymous wrote:
Pharoah is Pharoah, whether he's male or female.

One thing which I believe is an error .. the website makes a lot of references which imply there were many, or at least, several female Pharoahs.

When I studied ancient history @ university, we were taught that the title pharoah was only used on the Old Kingdom, and that Hatshepsut was the only female pharoah.

Cleopatra, for example, ruled as Queen, the title used in the New Kingdom.

Hope that helps

And that is the thruth, for I was the only Pharoe, created by my father the Great MAAT Thutmose l, because he knew my half brother THUTMOSE ll was going to died a young age, and I was trained as a boy, hunt, with the arrows, and trow the jabaline, I was well educated as worrier, for I was the smalles of the childs and the stronger of the child in the Palace

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:18 am 
Prince/Princess

Hatshepsut was NOT the only female pharaoh. Maybe she was the first to be called pharaoh, since the word itself didn't existed before the New Kingdom, but then again, there is also Tawosret who was also a pharaoh. You can check it in any books or webpages.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:17 am 
Servant

Anonymous wrote:
Pharoah is Pharoah, whether he's male or female.

One thing which I believe is an error .. the website makes a lot of references which imply there were many, or at least, several female Pharoahs.

When I studied ancient history @ university, we were taught that the title pharoah was only used on the Old Kingdom, and that Hatshepsut was the only female pharoah.

Cleopatra, for example, ruled as Queen, the title used in the New Kingdom.

Hope that helps

And you are very right, I was the only women PHAROE, and because my father the great MAAT, know that THUTMOSE ll will died a young age, and whend I was born my brother was 5 years old, and he always was a sick child. He need it a strong child, and when my mother AMOSE was pregnated the stars forseen me been the stronges child in the Palace, from day one, I was proclame Prince of EGYPT (NOT Princess of Egypt), at earlier age I was teach how to hun cracadile ( some cracadiles were Sacret and some not), hunt with the Jabaline and trow the arrows, I was teach how to ride horse, and also by Amose my mother I was made very clear that I was a girld. for me to be Pharoe was an idea from the GREAT MAAT my father, and the General in the Army knew about and the why, I should
be treat it as a boy infront of the armies.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 11:39 am 
Prince/Princess

No true... As Meritaten and other had pointed out, Hatshepsut was NOT the only one. She may have been the first, but not the only. (*coughcoughTAWORSETcoughcough*)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:10 pm 
Gods/Goddesses

Also, you may have noticed that the Egyptians were ashamed of women pharaohs, so there may have been some that we do not know of because they were erased from history.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:13 am 
Prince/Princess

Ashamed? I haven't heard that before.
It is true that Hatshepsut's inscriptions were erased, but that was because Thutmose was afraid she might be more legitimate, and also I feel there was some personal quarrel between them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:59 pm 
Gods/Goddesses

Well, they probably weren't too happy she was a woman...I mean, watch out when the she-Pharaoh has PMS! LOL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:39 am 
Prince/Princess

LOL, if my girlfriend were pharaoh, lots of people would die when she had PMS.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:25 pm 
Prince/Princess

Dark_Meryetamun_28 wrote:
Well, they probably weren't too happy she was a woman...I mean, watch out when the she-Pharaoh has PMS! LOL

LOL!! I always loved that line... I'd probably destroy a few villages during "that time of month"...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:27 pm 
Prince/Princess

Wonder what would happen when Sekhmet had PMS? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:28 pm 
Prince/Princess

lol! She probably did have pms when she went on her little killing spree...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:34 pm 
Gods/Goddesses

LOL...yeah!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:34 pm 
Prince/Princess

You know what? I think I'm going to use that "Watch out when the She-Pharaoh has PMS" thing for my MSN name sometime...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next