All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:48 pm 
Servant

My interest was aroused from an early age due to a religous up bringing and a yearning to seek out its origins, which I believe stemmed from Egypt.

I finally travelled the length of Egypt in the 80's and from that time forward have been enlightened.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:17 pm 
Prince/Princess

Hi Kozzol. I don't know what part of England you reside in but if you're anywhere near Cornwall, I have friends who own the Ancient Egyptian Centre. It's well worth a visit if you are able. Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:05 am 
Servant

Thank you Meresankh,

It will definitely be on my visit list next time we are in cornwall, as we visit there quite often

I have already looked up their website and looks very interesting as well as Stuart and Anne.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:02 am 
Prince/Princess

You're welcome, Kozzol. Yes, Stuart & Anne are delightful people. Their website is still being worked on but it should be really good when it's finished.Image

Upstairs there are some mummies. Mummies are Stuart's speciality.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:17 pm 
Servant

I became interested in it becuz I had 2 do a report on it 4 school. So I did it on King Tut and His Wife. I find them Very kewl 2 learn about!! If u have any info plzz message me!
P.S. Do u think King Tut could have died becuz of Scoliosis or something similar?( It is a spinal disease)

Long ago
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:50 am 
Egyptian Architect

I fell in love with ancient Egypt in 3rd grade. I still remember that sultry afternoon when my History teacher told us about a civilization that buried treasures along with the dead, in the belief that they would need it in the afterlife. She then proceeded to show us photos of pyramids, which left me further dumbstruck!
Often times I wish I could go back to the wondrous day I heard about my dear, dear Egypt :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:57 am 
Pharaoh

Tutankhamen's scoliosis was deemed "with-in the normal range" after his CT scan, King Tut Rocks.
Evidently, he was forced into his coffin, which was slightly small. This forcing of the mummy accentuated the appearance of the scoliosis.
To date, the cause of his death is listed as being due to infection, from a broken leg/knee-cap.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:58 pm 
Tomb Robber

I started loving ancient Egypt when I first watched "the Mummy" :P

Re: How did you become interested in Ancient Egypt?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:19 pm 
Tomb Robber

I read about them when I was a little girl. I just loved reading about the gods, the rulers, the huge temples, everything. I'm glad that I discovered the Ancient Egyptians.

Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:57 pm 
Tomb Robber

I became interested in Ancient Egypt in about the 5th or 6th grade when I did a history report on Tutankhamun. I wanted to become an archaeologist but got into old cars and archaeology went on the back burner. Finally got back into studying Ancient Egypt in the 80's and have stayed hooked ever since.