All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Re: zahi hawass
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:03 am 
Tomb Robber

ahlan wrote:
What do you think about Mr. Hawass in these amazing days? :evil:

I Like him and he seems very personable on the TV specials that I have seen him on. However I do believe that he as well as the Egyptian Government is hiding information about the sphinx. I t was shown that there is a vault under the front paw of it as Edgar Case had predicted and I am guessing that it also contains the information that Casey said was there also.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:12 pm 
Pharaoh

Several years ago, an extensive examination was made of the sphnix and the surrounding area. Other than a natural cave-like presence, and a short tunnel dug during the 19th century, there was no man-made vault found.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:03 pm 
Prince/Princess

Has anyone read the 'Stargate Conspiracy' by Lynn Picknett
and Clive Prince? They don't have a high opinion of him either.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:44 am 
Tomb Robber

Having spent a little time reading this long and sometimes difficult thread, I am surprised at the level of criticism levelled at Dr Hawass. Yes, the man has a very big ego and uses publicity very well to present his own image as well as any bits of AE history he is currently involved in, however, he has done a lot to encourage participation by Egyptian archaeologists in the investigation and conservation of their own history.

It is certainly true that if not for foreign archaeologists over the last two hundred years, much of what we now know would still be buried under rock or the sands.

However, perhaps it is now the time for Egyptians to "call the shots" regarding who digs in Egypt and how they conduct their research.

It is interesting, regarding the bust of Nefertiti, that the German archaeologists, as a condition of their licence to dig, were obliged to hand any major finds over to the Egyptian government. They immediately recognised the importance of Nefertiti's bust, but described it as an unfinished head, so as to smuggle it out of Egypt and to Berlin.

I think, in these circumstances, Dr Hawass is correct to ask for it to be returned, as it can rightly be regarded as "stolen" under the terms of the original digging licence.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:21 am 
Pharaoh

I agree on the Nefertiti head but do not think everything should be returned.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:08 am 
Prince/Princess

tnrees wrote:
I agree on the Nefertiti head but do not think everything should be returned.

I agree with tnrees on this aspect.

You Tube
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:59 pm 
Servant

I have two documentaries of him on my you tube site. One is Nefertiti, and the other is Nefertiti in search of the lost Dynasty. He did I.D. 3 new mummies. I hate writing on this gray background. Is there anyway to change that? I'll have to look up the spelling of the 3 mummies before I write them down. They are very important mummies.The mummies are of
Akhenaten, Kiya, and Queen Tiye. I am not sure of the spelling of Queen Tiye. This is accoding to Dr Hawass

Last edited by Imotep111 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return Them
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:25 pm 
Servant

I think they should be returned, mainly the important ones.

It's The Law
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:47 pm 
Servant

I seem to remember a law past that no artifacts were to leave Egypt no matter who discovered them. This law was in place before they discovered King Tut's tomb.

Dr Hawass
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:19 pm 
Servant

It said on the news that Dr Hawass is stepping down from his post. Why I don't know. The revolution may have something to do with it. Maybe the breakin of the museum, which there was little damage could be part of it and the outside destruction that is occuring like in places like the Valley of Kings. Who knows? Does anyone know?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8