All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Do you trust the theory that the pyramid is connected to alchemy?
Yes 57%  57%  [ 4 ]
No 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
More or less 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Don't know/no opinion 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 7

The Pyramid and Alchemy
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:38 am 
Tomb Robber

Dear members of this Forum,

I'm not an egyptologist. I've come to this Forum to ask for your opinion on the alchemical theory of the Paris 4 (as laid down in "the Forbidden Letters"). In response articles on that theory it is said that the 'pyramidion' represents the 'microcosmic agent (a stone!) to the resurrectional fire of kundalini.'

That stone popped up in literature as the benben, as the Stone the Builders rejected in the Old Testament, the Living Stone of 1 Peter 2:4, the Philosopher's Stone, and the Stone of Alchemy. It ignites a sub-atomic fire in the human body and then consumes and recomposes that body in that fire (Phoenix-motif).

The last time it popped up in literature was around 1200 as the Grailstone.

"By the power of that Stone the Phoenix (metaphor for the human body in kundalini-fire) burns to ashes, but the ashes restore him to life again.'[Wolfram von Eschenbach in the only german Grailstone]

That Stone ignites the Fire of Alchemy in the Tree of Life (metaphor for spine and brain).

Here are some quotes:

From the response article by Guido Popp on the Forbidden Letters:

Quote:
"In Carthago the Caduceus is almost without exception shown in combination with a capstone."[Reuter]
"The caduceus is a symbol of the subtle system through which the Kundalini-fire rises. It consists of a central staff (the Sushumna Nadi of Yoga) entwined by twin serpents (Ida and Pingala Nadi's)."[Sahajayoga]
"The name pyramid is Greek and means fire within or fire in there."[Otto Reich]
"Cheops' pyramid was connected with alchemy in the Roman period (33 BC - 386 CE/Popp)."[Erik Hornung in the Secret Lore of Egypt (SLE hereafter)]
"The egyptologist Helmuth Jacobsohn wished to recognize the benben-stone of Heliopolis as the archetype of the Philosopher's Stone."[SLE]
"According to Burns 'the belief in a material resurrection was given up by the Egyptians.' Henceforth 'the material part of man would rest in earth, whilst the immortal part has its abode in heaven.'[Burns] Doing so Egypt abandoned the true core of Alchemy, i.e. the attainment of physical immortality on earth through light in a living body."[Paul Wedekind]

"I am Fire, the son of Fire, to whom was given his head after it had been cut off. The head of Osiris was not taken away from him, let not the head of Osiris Ani (the deceased) be taken away from him. I have knit myself together,... I have renewed my youth; I am Osiris, the lord of eternity."[Book of the Dead]
"Little after midnight: [Our man's] head is decapitated by a 'thread.' The Stone is produced about where the liver is. The Stone ignites the Kundalini-fire. (...) Arms and legs break into pieces. (...) 10:30 in the morning: Our man woke up (all in one piece again/Popp)."[The Paris 4]
"The golden head referred originally to the head of Osiris who is described in a Greek text as headless. The Greek alchemists styled themselves Children of the Golden Head."[Carl Jung]
"The religion of the Egyptians (...) was highly composite, the product of different races and different streams of culture and thought; and the task of uniting them all into a homogeneous whole was never fully completed. To the last, Egyptian religion remained a combination of ill-assorted survivals rather than a system; a confederation of seperate cults, rather than a definite theology."[Prof. A.H. Sayce in The Religion of Ancient Egypt]
"Egypt apparently possessed amazing kernels of Alchemy, but not the script of the Great Work. That script was obviously not revealed untill the Stone of Transmutation was actually produced by the first alchemist, in all probability that gay man (of the Forbidden Letters)."[Paul Wedekind]

From the Emile de Beauregard-article on the Letters:

Quote:
In the 1920's Sir Flinders Petrie ensured the British public that the Great Pyramid was nothing but 'a tomb erected for Cheops, soured as he had been by the excesses of the followers of Piazzi Smyth who tried to turn that pyramid into a house of biblical prophecies.'[Oderberg] - But, there is in fact no indication 'that anyone was ever interred in that pyramid.'[Oderberg]
The designer engineer Olaf Tellefsen evaluated the Great Pyramid as 'unique, a special case, indicating superior knowledge, not manifest in other pyramids.'[Oderberg] The well-shaft for instance is 'completely without meaning if that pyramid, equidistant from the pole and the center of the earth, is a tomb.'[Oderberg] And that shaft would of course be explained just fine if it enabled the adept to symbolically enter the earth; a key-phase in the alchemical process.
Most people are unfamiliar with the fact that the macrocosmic capstone of a pyramid, the pyramidion, represents the microcosmic Benben-stone, a.k.a. the Grail, or Philosopher's Stone: the agent to the alchemical fire of Kundalini. Indeed ancient Egypt possessed 'amazing kernels of alchemy'[Wedekind], especially if we look at the Resurrection. When, for example, the Paris 4 tell us that their man is 'on the floor on his back,' that a thread of some metaphysical kind closed 'around his neck,' decapitating him, and that a fire was then ignited by virtue of a stone, enveloping his body in flames, then we are immediately reminded of the hypocephalus of ancient Egypt:
'A hypocephalus is a small diskshaped object that was placed under the head of the deceased. Because the ancient Egyptians believed it would magically cause the head and the body to be enveloped in flames and radiance, making the deceased divine.'[Wikipedia]
Alchemy is of course not about dead corpses. It is performed through a living Tree of Life (spine and brain) in a, hence, living body. And once that body through the Great Work is purified, 'its union can take place with the astral body, whereby the Enochdianus emerges, the celestial man, i.e., man endowed with divine forces, which by right belong to man, because, in the words of Paracelsus, 'heaven is man, and man is heaven, and all men one heaven, and heaven only one man.'[Pagel]

This is taken from the Hanno Temming article:

Quote:

VII.

The pyramid is the capstone of the Obelisk, the Obelisk the successor to the Ben Ben-stone. The pyramid is therefor a symbol in stone for the stone that ignites the holy fire of the Bennu-bird, the Phoenix of the Greeks.[under Forum-name]

(...)

IX.

We're awaiting the Stone. [saying in Alchemy]

X.

The Paris 4 write: "The stone is produced about where the liver is. The stone ignites the Kundalini fire (the fire can actually be heard) and starts to move about, increasingly violently. Fire getting stronger. Arms and legs break into pieces."

Arms and legs breaking into pieces? That sounds osirian enough. And what's more, Seth, who trapped Osiris, had 72 conspirators.

The alchemical process is said to clean too, and to deliver a shining white Lightbody, the bridal clothes of the Gospel.

Now, in the Gospel according to Philip, Jesus entered in the dyeing of Levi. He took 72 colors and threw them in the cauldron. Then Levi was in anger, but Jesus "took them out all white and said: 'It is thus indeed that the Son of Man is come as dyer'".[Raven]

XI.

In spite of the fact that no mummies were ever found in pyramids, Egyptologists, for reasons of orthodoxy, will keep telling you that the pyramids are graves.[under Forum-name]

XII.

The name pyramid is greek and means 'fire within' or 'fire in there'. If you confront an Egyptologist with that, he will tell you that the ancient Greeks called those stone buildings pyramids, because they resembled in shape a cookie of ancient Greece called pyramidion by the Greeks. (...)

I doubt very much though that the ancient Greeks, who admired the architecture of ancient Egypt, would call masterpieces of that architecture after a cookie. I think it is more likely, that the cookie was called after the building, and not the building after the cookie. (...)

And why too would a cookie be called 'fire in the middle'? Because it has been in an oven perhaps? - All cookies have been in ovens.[under Forum-name]

XIII.

An Egyptologist I consulted on this, simply turned that table by asking: why would a building be called 'fire in the middle'? Perhaps because the pyramid symbolizes the capstone of the Obelisk. The Ben-Ben. The touchstone to the holy fire of the Bennu or Phoenix. That metaphore for the human body consumed in Kundalini-fire as we know now through the [Forbidden] Letters. In that way it would have 'a fire within'. A fire it could pass on. To a human being for instance.[under Forum-name]

XIV.

And if that stone indeed resides (and where else could it reside?) in the microcosmic or sub-atomic realm, then this would mean it is potentially everywhere, since there is no such thing as distance in the sub-atomic world. That living stone [1 Peter 2:4], the Christ, is also described as the 'prima materia'. Well, let us listen to what it has to say in the Gospel according to Thomas in logon 77. Jesus said, "I am the light that is over all things. I am all: from me all came forth [the prima materia], and to me all attained. Split a piece of wood; I am there [omnipresence]. Lift up the stone, and you will find me there [omnipresence]."[Raven]

XV.

The capstone of the pyramid, which was also placed at the apex of columns and obelisks, representing the shamanic ‘world pillar’, was called the Benben and represented the ‘seed-point’ of creation. In other words, the pillar or obelisk represented the phallus of the supreme god Atum-Ra, who personified the source-centre of the cosmos and all of creation – the Benben on top representing the sperm or ‘seed-droplet’ which seeded this creation. [Osborn/Gardiner]

XVI.

Both the Benben stone and its related archetypal creature, the bennu bird, (a Heron) which is often depicted perched on top of the capstone of an obelisk (‘sacred pillar’ – shamanic), also represented the ‘soul’, the ‘divine spark’ or ‘life force’ that is said to reside in every man and woman(...).[Osborn/Gardiner]

XVII.

The Bennu (Phoenix) lived on the ben-ben stone or obelisk within the sanctuary of Heliopolis. The Bennu was said to have created itself from the fire that burned on the sacred Persea tree in Heliopolis.[geocities]

XVIII.

Ancient Egypt called the Great Work of Alchemy the Work of the Sun. Here the microcosmic sun is meant. It is supposed to open in the coccyx right after the Night of the Soul starts. That sun conducts the psychic energy of the beast in us that is freed during the Night of the Soul, and composes the lightbody with that energy: the Kingdom within.[under Forum-name]

The articles can be found in the left column of the Forbidden Letters site:

www.world-mysteries.com/PhilipGardiner/ ... etters.htm

Tehuti22 wrote this:

Quote:
The Word Pyramid Comes From The Greek Pyramis (Plural Pyramides); Thought To Have Been
Derived From The Ancient Egyptian Per-Em-Us, A Term Used In A Mathematical Papyrus To
Denote The Vertical Height Of A Pyramid. In The Greek Language, The Word Pyra (repot)
Means "Fire" Or "In Darkness" Or "Illumination That Reveals Something Or Makes Things
Visible In Darkness". Midos (ntSoq) Means "Measures". The Greeks Had Derived These
Words From The Phoenician Word Purim-Middoh, Which Meant "Light-Measures."
Therefore, The Pyramids Themselves Mean Something That Constitute Measured Revelations Or
Revelations Through Measurements. The Name Pyramid As Given To These Great Structures In
Egypt Was Symbolic, Because The Word Is Really Greek And Not Egyptian As I Have Shown.
The Word Pyramid Comes From The Prefix Pyr Meaning "Fire" And A-Mid Meaning
"Surrounded By, In The Middle Of."
The Ancient Egyptian Term For Pyramid Is Mir.

It was this quote by Tehuti22 that prompted me to come to this Forum.

And this is what Stephen Mehler says:

Quote:
In a recent PAX Cable Television Network Special that featured Christopher Dunn, the narrator stated that the origin of the word "pyramid" was unknown. Both academic Egyptologists and I would agree this statement is incorrect, but I would strongly disagree with most Egyptologists on the true origin of the word.

The word pyramid is derived from the Greek words PYRAMIS and PYRAMIDOS. The meaning of the word Pryamis is obscure and may relate to the shape of a pyramid. The word Pyramidos has been translated as "Fire In The Middle". This meaning is very interesting and I will return to it later.

Well known American Egyptologist Mark Lehner has stated that the ancient Khemitian term for pyramid was something he calls MR.Pyramid. Lehner bases this on his translation of MR as "Place of Ascension" following his belief that pyramids were tombs for kings and where the dead king’s souls "ascended". But MR, usually written as Mer, is commonly translated as beloved, as in Meriamen (Beloved of Amen, The Hidden) or Meritaten (Beloved of Aten, The Wiser). Our indigenous sources tell us Mer meant "beloved" and had nothing to do with pyramid.

My Indigenous Wisdom Keeper teacher, Abd’El Hakim Awyan, states unequivocally that the ancient Khemitians used the term PR.NTR, Per-Neter, for pyramid. Per means "house" and Neter we have discussed in the previous article. Neter has been translated by Egyptologists as "God" or "Goddess" but we reject this mistranslation. In alignment with the indigenous tradition, we use the interpretation "House of Nature, House of Energy" for Per-Neter. The temple was Per-Ba (House of the Soul) and the tomb was Per-Ka (House of the Physical Projection) according to the indigenous tradition.

With this understanding of Per-Neter as House of Nature, I state categorically that no one was ever intended to be buried in a pyramid in its original intent! Even Mark Lehner has admitted that no evidence of an original burial in any of the major Khemitian pyramids has ever been found. Also no inscriptions or reliefs either depicting or stating that any king was ever buried in a pyramid have ever been found.

One of the main purposes of the Great Per-Neter was to generate, transform, and transmit energy. The Indigenous Wisdom Keepers of Egypt have provided us a concrete paradigm to support the power plant theory of Christopher Dunn. Although Egyptologists base their pyramid-as-tomb theories on the writings of Greek historians such as Herodotus, the Greek word Pyramidos is closer to the true meaning. Indeed, if we support Dunn’s ideas that the energy reactions in the Great Pyramid took place in the so-called Queen’s and King’s Chambers, then certainly it was Fire In The Middle.

Best wishes,
Shant.

Last edited by shant on Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: The Pyramid and Alchemy
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:55 am 
Tomb Robber

(Sorry, made a mistake while editing.) :(

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:49 am 
Pharaoh

Stating that all Egyptologists base their conception of the pyramid on Herodotus is simply not true.
Our concept of the pyramid AS A TOMB is based quite heavily on the writings of the ancient Egyptian themselves. Lehrner has never stated that there was no burial in any pyramid. Fragements of a mummy have been found in Djoser, for one, and also others. Basing ideas of the pyramids on far-out theories is, simply, waaaay off base!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:24 am 
Tomb Robber

Osiris II wrote:
Our concept of the pyramid AS A TOMB is based quite heavily on the writings of the ancient Egyptian themselves.

That doesn't mean that the pyramid cannot be a macrocomic symbol for resurrection. The Egyptians believed resurrection to take place after death, like most cultures on earth.

This is from the RFC-article on the Letters:

Quote:
[*One is resurrected from the dead, meaning from the not through holy fire (kundalini) reborn, and thereby reborn in that fire. Hence 'through baptism by fire, man, who was before dead, is made a living soul' [aurora consurgens]. The term Resurrection is misleading and was only created by religions who thought we are to be resurrected after our biological death. The correct term would be Erection. From the ones around us not reborn through kundalini-fire.]

Best wishes,
Shant.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:15 am 
Tomb Robber

A new article has been published just now (El Safti-article). In quotes 1 and 2 of part 2 we find this:

Quote:
'It seems that this change from the step-pyramid (of Djoser) to a true pyramid was due to the victory of the Heliopolitan solar cult and that the pyramid form was inspired by the benben, a high-pointed, conical stone worshipped at Heliopolis.'[Cerny, 1952:107] [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaroslav_Cerny ]

'By the power of that Stone the Phoenix burns to ashes, but the ashes quickly restore him to life again.'[Wolfram von Eschenbach on the Grail-stone/see also Part 1 of http://www.world-mysteries.com/PhilipGa ... ers_23.htm ]

Re:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:46 pm 
Tomb Robber

I recently watched an episode of Ancient Aliens called Secrets of the Pyramids. It also asserted Stephen Mechler's claim that "Pyramidos" meant "fire in the middle". I spoke with my Dad about it this morning and he and I set to investigating how accurate that translation is and we came up with an interesting discovery. "Pyr" means fire in Greek, however "midos" is not actually the Greek word for "middle". The Greek word for "middle" is "mesos". We looked at the "am" before the declension of "-idos" and found that it is a shortened way of saying "ana" which means "upwards, above, on high, on the top, thereon". A more accurate translation of "pyramidos" could be "fire on top". Is it possible that ancient people who saw the pyramids noted how brightly the golden cap stone glowed in the sun, as if it were on fire, and they called the pyramids "fire tops"? If you have any questions about this translation you should check out my Dad's question and answer page on his website. He is an old testament and new testament scholar of Greek and Hebrew as well as a Church History Phd.

you can contact me for his website URL

Re:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:41 pm 
Tomb Robber

Hi.

I registered to address this question. It's not so much that this is one of my favorite pyramid topics (it is), but that Shant seems so close to the truth that a little nudge might do it. OK, a big nudge.

Simply stated the answer is a natural water source was used to lift the stones to build the pyramid. This water source contained calcium carbonate, siderite, quartz sand, hydrogen sulphide, copper sulfate, carbon dioxide, and a rather surprising form of an uncommon element. The calcium carbonate accreted where the water arose from the "abyss" to form what the ancients called the primeval mound or mound of creation and upon this mound the ben ben formed.

Several types of plants grew naturally in the area (most prevalent was salt cedar) and some were able to fix the unusual for of the element in its structure or its fruit. What wasunusual about the form was that it had originated as a compound (specifically a sulphate) in sandstone but over many millions of years the sulfur atoms were mechanically stripped from the compound. This element can not recombine naturally except at very high temperatures and pressures unattainable on the earth's surface. It is virtually inert in this state and appears to be silicon unless it is heated almost to plasma before a spectroscopic analysis. This element in this form looks something like semen when suspended in water.

The specific plant that is the tree of life is actually reasonably well known though much confusion surrounds the issue. It can be found in the "book of Enoch" and the Pyramid Texts. The amount of writing n this subject is actually quite extensive but it is often confounded by translation errors and confusion. The entire science of "alchemy" is a confusuon of ancient chemistry as it applies to these issues.

The ben ben included enough of this material in its constituent parts to create large volumes of the fruit for the tree of life which was also known as the tree of the knowledge of good and evil because it's long life that allows one to understand such things for himself.

The language became confused 4000 years ago. The last 4000 years of human history are driven largely by numerous misunderstandings and confusions of ancient science. This ancient science was founded on observation and logic and its metaphysics was language itself. When the language became too complex it failed and the science was lost. Only the ancient technology survived. It appears there may have been conscious efforts at some points in history to suppress knowledge of the tree of life. If so it would seem to imply that perhaps the exact same individuals employed this suppression over protracted periods.

It's improbable anyone would know how this worked till the watersource was discovered.