All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

The Exodus
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:40 pm 
Pharaoh

In the bible story of Moses in Exodus, at the end, Ramses was killed. is this the ramses you guys are talking about because its not possible that he had sons

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:26 pm 
Prince/Princess

Rameses wasn't killed. He watched as his soldiers were washed away in the Red Sea.

I actually believe that the Exodus was caused by Set.

Moses and Hatshepsut
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:18 pm 
Pharaoh

Truth in writing:
Go to: www.mazzaroth.com/ChapterFive/TheBirthOfMoses.htm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:45 am 
Prince/Princess

The name of the Pharaoh isn't mentioned in the Bible. It is assumed that the Exodus happened during the time of the 19th dynasty but we don't know under which pharaoh did it happen.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:27 pm 
Prince/Princess

Has anyone read the new "Biblical Archaeology" magazine? There's an article in there about an Israelite-style hut being found at Medinet Habu, next to the temples of Ramses III and Aye and Horemheb. It was very interesting. It had some thigns about the date of the Exodus. It's the brnad new one, the cover is black, and it has the stone box that they think belonged to Jesus' brother on the front (Sorry, I don't know the month!)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:43 pm 
Prince/Princess

They found out though that while the box itself is real, the inscription "James, Brother of Jesus" on that box is fake.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:34 am 
Egyptian Architect

I have that issue of Biblical magazine!! I haven't read it yet, though...how stupid of me

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:20 am 
Prince/Princess

I believe one of the reasons it has assumed to have been Ramses is because I believe the Bible mentions 'the Land of Ramses' so people have taken this top mean Pi-Ramese. I have heard a different theory. We know the bible stories weren't collated together untill hundreds of years later and it is possible that the author, or whoever collated the stories together if it wasn't Moses himself, used the term 'Land of Ramses' so that the people of his time, when the stories were being collated together, would understand the region of Egypt he was refering to. Ramses was a legendary pharaoh but if the Exodus took place earlier in history than his reign, it may have been in the time of a relatively unknown pharaoh whose name would mean nothing to most people. By stating the 'Land of Ramses' he fixes it in peoples head the location of the said events but doesn't mention the pharaoh himself. Maybe he didn't know.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:22 am 
Prince/Princess

That's cool, Kiya... and guess which city existed earlier exactly the place where Ramesses built his? Avaris, the Hyksos capital!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:47 am 
Prince/Princess

Excellent! You should read the 'Lost Testament' by David Rohl. He's the guy that came up with all that new chronology stuff. He even gives the pharaoh a name. He is speculating of course and he admits this but he backs up his speculation with evidence.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:37 pm 
Prince/Princess

Quote:
In the above picture in the second column, the image of a female deity is the Dog Star, or Sirius who looks similar to one of the Set Hound figures seen as Cassiopeia above the Aries, ram figure in the Zodiac of Denderah.
Go back to Home Page
In the Talmud (a collection of ancient Rabbinic writings of Orthodox Judaism compiled about A.D. 200) it states Moses' mother placed him in an ark of bulrushes in the brink of the river, where he was found by Bathia, Pharaoh's daughter, she adopted him and brought him up as Prince Ahmose at the Egyptian Court. The Biblical version is in Exodus 2:1-10.

If the Exodus occurred at 1440 B.C. then the 18th Dynasty of Thutmose III (1504/3?-1450/47 B.C.) and his mother Hatshepsut (1503-1482), the woman king, would be considered Moses protectors. Hatshepsut, the queen was forced to flee during the reign of Thutmose III.

"Moses was an initiated priest of Amon and the presumed son of Pharaoh's daughter. At the time of his appearance in Exodus, Egypt had fallen into idolatry." Quote from "The Moon: Outpost of the Gods" Jean Sendy page 38.

Moses’ understanding and apprehension became superior to his age, thus Thermuthis adopted him as her own. Josephus asserted that the Scribes and the king eventually knew that Moses was the one of the Prophecy but did not slay him because of the king's daughter.

In Acts 7:22 Stephen in an address to the Sanhedrin asserts that Moses was not only instructed in the science and learning of the Egyptians but was also endowed with oratorical ability and distinctive leadership qualities. After 40 years of age, he killed an Egyptian which made him flee from the Pharaoh to Midian where he stayed for forty years in seclusion. At the death of the great Pharaoh, God appeared in a burning bush to Moses. An oddity here is that God declared that Aaron should be spokesman for his brother (Exod. 4:10-16) before going to Goshen.

The new monarch Amenhotep II (1447-1421 B.C.) was probably the Pharaoh of the 10 plagues of Exodus which probably took place in the spring of 1446 B.C. (some scholars believe it to be 1290 B.C.). Solomon’s temple in 966 B.C. plus 480 years to the Exodus equals 1446.

The Hebraic Tradition, the Kabbala, has its roots in prehistoric times, with Moses, it is recent enough to spare us to reason on the basis of hearsay. Beyond question the two symbols of the religion of Moses are the Ram (Aries) and the Scales (Libra). The scales are a symbol for justice, as the whole age of Aries was destined to bring a certain type of justice.

There is no definite reference to Moses in Egyptian texts, but there is a great relationship between the Egyptian Akhnaton and Moses in activities and events. The old religion of Egypt at one time had lost its inspiration because materialism was increased and a reformation was greatly needed. Akhnaton had a definite relationship between himself and the priest of Amon.

Moses was the spiritual heir of 'Joseph of the Fat Cows.' He reproached Pharaoh for forgetting Joseph's teachings.

Moses apparently understood the precession that caused the equinoctial sun to rise
in Gemini in Noah's time,
in Taurus in the time of the Pharaoh's Apis,
and his own time in Aries, which were no longer known by the Pharaoh's priests.

Then why do they say the pharaoh was Ramses at the time. :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 4:37 pm 
Prince/Princess

You obviously haven't read all the posts. One of mine, under the name Kiya, give a possible reason why Ramses is the named pharaoh of the exodus. It's further up the page.

Astrology
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:48 pm 
Pharaoh

The star's in the heaven's do not lie. It is a well known fact that the heaven's and Ancient Egypt coincided together. There are way to many simularities to ignore. Ramses obviously know's what he is talking about here. If we are going to only look at the good book "Bible" as a learning tool than we will never learn the complete truth. Religion did not start with the bible.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:40 am 
Prince/Princess

No you misunderstood me:-)! I don't mean that I think Ramses was definately the pharaoh of the exodus, my explanation was why he was 'named by others' as the pharoh of the Exodus, why the Bible refered to 'the Land of Ramses' when Ramses may not in fcat have been the pharaoh of the Exodus at all:-) I totally agree with you, the Bible is not the be all and end all of history.
Have you read any of David Rohl's boks? He's the guy who postulated all that new chronology stuff for the ancient world.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:36 am 
Prince/Princess

http://www.freemaninstitute.com/Gallery/joseph.htm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next