All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 

Do ethnic Somalis have the same features as Ancient Egyptian
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:50 am 
Servant
Offline

Joined:Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:51 am
Posts:5
Image


Image

Image


Image


Image


Image

Image

Image


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

ImageImage


Image

Image


Image

Image


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image




Language: Somali/Egyptian (meaning)

Ra/Ra (The sun)

Neter/Neder (divine being)

Hipo/Hibo (the sound b doe not exist in Hamitic languages - gift)

Heru/Huur (a stork)

Tuf/Tuf (spit)

Habi (the Nile)/Wabi ( a river)

Ar/Ar ( a lion)

cb/kab (shoe)

brq/biriq (lightning)

ayah/dayah (moon)

dab/dab (fire)

anka/aniga (I)

su, asu/usi (he)

Ka/Ka,Kaah (spirit)

medu/muud (liquid)


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:18 pm 
Pharaoh
Offline

Joined:Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:04 am
Posts:705
Location: Valle d'Aosta- Italy
Ancient Egyptian people were probably a mixture of races, because people were coming from south (north Sudan) up to the delta, in the mediterranean coast. This means that phisical characteristics were different.
Speaking about the language, we generally consider Middle Egyptian, and I wish to underline that the study of coptic language was of great importance to Champoillon in his wonderful job of studying and interpreting the ancient egyptian language. :wink:

Nice pix! :D


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:54 pm 
Servant
Offline

Joined:Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:51 am
Posts:5
maatkara wrote:
Ancient Egyptian people were probably a mixture of races, because people were coming from south (north Sudan) up to the delta, in the mediterranean coast. This means that phisical characteristics were different.
Speaking about the language, we generally consider Middle Egyptian, and I wish to underline that the study of coptic language was of great importance to Champoillon in his wonderful job of studying and interpreting the ancient egyptian language. :wink:

Nice pix! :D


Ancient Egyptians were all one race, and if they were mixed then it would be more likely that they were mixed with other africans and definitely not Europeans. It was much later on that the Europeans and arabs were starting to heavily intermix with the ancient Egyptians. But what most people fail to see is that Africans come with differnt physical features, and no they aren't mixed with other races. The Eritrean, Ethiopians, Somalis and Fulani all have different physical features than say the west african or bantu africans.

Besides are you aware of the fact that the Egyptians called themselves black and thier Asiatic and white Libyan enemies red?


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:39 am 
Pharaoh
Offline

Joined:Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:54 am
Posts:509
Location: Taunton, UK
Why definatly no Europeans? There would have been some contact with sailors from early times and many of the Sea Peoples seem to have been European.
You say they were 1 race - this does not prevent them being from various
ethnic backgrounds - I think Ahmose son of Ibana who fought the Hyksos was of Asiatic origin - I am English but I am sure my ancestors came from different parts of Europe.


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:50 am 
Pharaoh
Offline

Joined:Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:04 am
Posts:705
Location: Valle d'Aosta- Italy
I never mention "europeans" as part os egyptian races, if there would ever be one. Plus, we are talking about a wide period of time, covering surely more than 4000 years, how can you be so sure that you are talking about one lonely race?
why are you interested in egyptian races? what would you like to prove? :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:33 pm 
Servant
Offline

Joined:Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:51 am
Posts:5
Quote:
Why definatly no Europeans? There would have been some contact with sailors from early times and many of the Sea Peoples seem to have been European.
You say they were 1 race - this does not prevent them being from various
ethnic backgrounds - I think Ahmose son of Ibana who fought the Hyksos was of Asiatic origin - I am English but I am sure my ancestors came from different parts of Europe.


And you suppose that would make the Ancient Egyptians mixed, just because of some sailors? I would say that the ancient Egyptians that ruled Egypt were one group of people, with one language and one ethnicity. English is Europe, if one European marries another European it is insignificant. :)


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:39 pm 
Servant
Offline

Joined:Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:51 am
Posts:5
maatkara wrote:
I never mention "europeans" as part os egyptian races, if there would ever be one. Plus, we are talking about a wide period of time, covering surely more than 4000 years, how can you be so sure that you are talking about one lonely race?
why are you interested in egyptian races? what would you like to prove? :roll:


You said they were mixed, I will assume that you are talking about intermarriage between two races, and by far most Egyptians are portrayed as being of white race in Hollywood movies. It doesn’t matter who many years it covers, I have seen the full-blooded Egyptians, my grandmother is one and by far she doesn’t like Egyptians be referred to as Arabs or mixed race. Today there still are Egyptians that are the descendents of the ancient Egyptian. What do I want to prove, the ancient Egyptians were mixed. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:17 am 
Pharaoh
Offline

Joined:Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:49 pm
Posts:914
Location: Long Beach, CA
PLEASE, GUYS!!!!!
Drop the race card. It's a subject that is a strict no-no here.
Everyone is entitled to their own views, but they should not be imposed on others.


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:39 am 
Pharaoh
Offline

Joined:Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:04 am
Posts:705
Location: Valle d'Aosta- Italy
no, Yarta, you assumed wrong. I was atlking about many races and did not include "holliwood" ones. :lol:
yes, osiris II, you are right ! this is a quite delicate argument....we better drop it now, I do agree!


Top
 Profile  
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


  Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BarneyOa, LesterKig and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Style by web designer custom , optymalizacja seo pozycjonowanie stron pozycjonowanie
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group