All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Tut reincarnated
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:01 am 
Servant

I read on another thread how some people believe to be the reincarnation of Hatsepsut...So now I wonder if there's anyone here who feels they were Tut in another life? Or anyone connected to him, like Ankhe for example?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:51 am 
Pharaoh

ok, I reveal myself! I am one of those!...I realised that one day, seeing I had some trouble to understand which side of the bed I was waking up....the right one should be on my left, but every day I was using the right. So I told myself that it was probaby because I was somebody else in my past life.... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:59 am 
Servant

Well, Maat Ka Ra... perhaps you should try to sleep in the middle of your bed and on your back and see what happens

:lol:

ok ok... troll mode off:

I think we should first consider whether we all believe in reincarnation and then take one step forward...
I personally do, I have my reasons to believe it. It's not just because I want to believe but because something more than a coincidence happened in my life to convince me that this is actually a truth.

What about you all?
:wink:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:14 am 
Pharaoh

Why don't people ever claim they were servants or pig farmers or prostitutes in their past lives or something. Why does everyone always claim they were Tutankhamun or Nefertiti or Hatshepsut?

I know why.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:50 am 
Servant

Well, if this can be of any consolation, I was just a french prostitute in my previous life

but my first life I was someone better... fortunately...

apart from myself, I think what you say is probably caused by the fact that famous names are more easily known, whilst for someone who was for example just an artisan it would have been more difficult to find out name and details of his/her life.

Besides... this may even be caused by the fact that some people need to know they were something they cannot be in this current life... who knows?
It's interesting to see what really brings someone to believe who he/she was... :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:33 am 
Servant

Neb-Ma'at-Re wrote:
Why don't people ever claim they were servants or pig farmers or prostitutes in their past lives or something.

Because it doesn't have any historical interest. My understanding of reincarnation is that we all go thru thousands of lifetimes before we reach enlightenment. I 'm not sure if all lifetimes take place on this planet...But I do believe that I have been all sorts of people, kings & queens & paupers & servants. It's just that if a person has past-life memories from a lifetime where they were famous, that arouses interest because they may be able to provide info that is crucial to the understanding of that historical period. It could also bring to light events that were not recorded by history as we know it. I find all that fascinating. It doesn't mean the other lifetimes were not important. Sometimes people who live in obscurity can accomplish more in that lifetime than an empress or a statesman. I believe all lifetimes are important in terms of soul development.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:37 am 
Servant

Hathor wrote:
Well, if this can be of any consolation, I was just a french prostitute in my previous life :wink:

What do you know, I had a french prostitute lifetime too, which period was yours? Maybe we were friends back then :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:51 pm 
Servant

I was in Italy, in Umbria (mid-western county).
My name was Helene. I had lots of troubles... it was a difficult time... about XVI century. I was in the end tortured and murdered along with several other unlucky foreign guests (such as chinese people as well).

I also found out of my previous life which was in Ancient Egypt, but I'd rather wait until I am a little more "at home" to talk about it

What about you?
What have you discovered?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:39 pm 
Pharaoh

I thought I was reincarnated in somebody who was sleeping on the other side of my bed...not even in the mid...
Here in Italy we've always had a very bad idea of french girls, but not so bad !... :D ...considering the case, there are already too many!!!

ok, I'm just kiddin' :wink:

I have a question for you: how do you know who were you? what are the signs that may reveal one's past? I am curious :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:19 am 
Servant

Quote:
"maatkara"I thought I was reincarnated in somebody who was sleeping on the other side of my bed...not even in the mid...

Ok... I guess I'm going to need a bit of a "map" to figure this out...

Quote:
Here in Italy we've always had a very bad idea of french girls, but not so bad !... :D ...considering the case, there are already too many!!!

Well here in the UK we call them "frogs" (or more properly "froguettes") but it's just a silly joke far away from racism of course. I guess we're probably the subject of many jokes there... and it's fair enough. :wink:

Quote:
ok, I'm just kiddin' :wink:

did you actually think I was serious?

Quote:
I have a question for you: how do you know who were you? what are the signs that may reveal one's past? I am curious :roll:

To be perfectly honest, there are no specific "tests" to find out who you were. I believe that an open minded approach is necessary as well as the understanding that it might be true/wrong (I don't want to take "false" as an option).
By the time there' no way to calculate exactly what happened, you can have an idea and then you (or someone who might help you in the investigation) have to trust your sixth sense.

I can tell you what brought me to find out who I was but it might work in a different way for someone else of course.
I had dreams, recurrent dreams, often going to the same places, and gradually discovering new bits and pieces who created the "idea" that something was not accidental there.
Those dreams started when I was a child and then evolved and added further details.
I used to have a friend who was a "growing scientist" (at the time he was adolescent like I was) who thought to carry out some tests through hypnosis. We did this with the help of an expert: at first glance everything was fine but then I begun to feel uncomfortable and I had to take a break from it. After a few months I decided to carry on with the test and so we did until we thought it was necessary, without any more interruption or feeling of miscomfort.
At the end of the test we were all pretty satisfied with the results; we kept a margin of "doubt" and this makes sense, but I strongly feel that what we discovered has really happened a long, long time ago; A further evidence which convinced me was later given when I bumped into people who shared my experience before they happened to know me.
Of course this didn't change my life but it made me understand some of my reactions, dreams, feelings... and the way I am.
:)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:02 am 
Pharaoh

I think this is interesting, but I feel far away from believing I had a real past life. Like many others I had particular dreams that had characterized my life in some way, or periods with too many déjà-vues..i think this can happen to everybody. My mind strongly avoid to face this matters as unconcrete (if this is correct), even if there have been "strange" moments, or probably because I am scared to see...who knows? :roll:
My mother-in-law once gave me the book of Om Sethy, that you all probably known. when I read the preface I thought "oh, my god! here we go again with those strange stuffs!!", but then I found it interesting and fascinating matter, though when I reached the end I still belived it was not so coherent...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:36 am 
Servant

Only you know whether it's about being scared or trying to think logically.

As we know it's a difficult subject because there's no such thing as 100% accuracy.

If you were me, would you have gone deeper by submitting yourself to the hypnotic test, or not?

:)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:44 am 
Pharaoh

no...curiosity killed the cat!...though I'm a tiger :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:56 am 
Servant

Hathor wrote:
I was in Italy, in Umbria (mid-western county).
My name was Helene. I had lots of troubles... it was a difficult time... about XVI century. I was in the end tortured and murdered along with several other unlucky foreign guests (such as chinese people as well).

I also found out of my previous life which was in Ancient Egypt, but I'd rather wait until I am a little more "at home" to talk about it

What about you?
What have you discovered?

Well...I used to listen to certain songs of a certain artist and do a lot of yoga and zazen meditation in the early 90's and I started getting visions...about a few lifetimes...a couple of them in France...In one of those french lifetimes, I saw me as a ballet dancer and a prostitute of sorts. I say "of sorts" because I 'm not sure if I was actually accepting money or I was simply very promiscuous and just using sex maybe...

And when I see movies that chronicle events in the 18th and 19th century in Paris, I always get a very strong vibe.

I also have what seem to be fragmented memories from American lifetimes.

And then I get dreams about certain historical personages...some in Egypt, some elsewhere...different historical periods...so it could be that I was somehow related to those people and my current lifetime is somehow connected to the events of those times...Or it could be that the connection is purely psychoanalytical...i.e maybe the dreams about those kings & queens are relevant to this lifetime in a psychological context and not because I was incarnated back then...I don't know...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:15 am 
Pharaoh

did you ever think it was just suggestion?External influences plus our brain and the result is a mess!...I'm not sure about what I exactly feel in some situations...even the attraction we all may feel toward some subjects, or places, can play important role in our feelings...do you agree? :roll: