All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

That elusive Amarna period again...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:43 pm 
Servant

Hello,

I 'm new to this forum, just registered today. I spent the last couple of hours browsing threads, wow you guys, such interesting theories you come up with!

I have always been fascinated by Ancient Egypt. Still, in the last 20 months or so, I have had many dreams about it...I 've read up on it a bit but I ended up feeling so confused. The Royal family of the Amarna period is shrouded in so much mystery...

It has often occured to me that I may have had lifetimes during that period hence the dreams...and that weird sense that wherever I go, I seem to bump into that Royal family...would you call that synchronicity?

Whatever the case, I 'm particularly interested in finding out more about Tut and Ankhe...but also Nefertiti...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:55 pm 
Servant

By the way, isn't there an edit feature on these forums?

Also, do I have to have "Tomb Robber" under my username? No chance of a custom title?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:16 pm 
Gods/Goddesses

Yes there is an edit feature. Just look for the edit button, it should be there. :)

There are no custom titles at this time, but the "tomb robber" will change as you post more.

As for your love of the Amarna period, there have been many topics about that particular time. I hope you enjoy reading those and whatever our other members have to post in reply. It's not my expertise, but it is quite the interesting period!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:26 am 
Servant

Dark_Meryetamun_28 wrote:
Yes there is an edit feature. Just look for the edit button, it should be there. :)

Where??? Generally, there is one next to the quote feature but I can't see one there.

I 'm a Mac user. Could it be another Mac glitch?

Quote:
There are no custom titles at this time, but the "tomb robber" will change as you post more.

But why would you want to use ''Tomb Robber'' as the newbie title :?:

Thank you for the swift reply *smiles*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:34 am 
Servant

Okay, here's a couple of questions for the experts :wink:

1)I have read a couple of articles stating that Ankhesenamun ended up marrying 4 Pharaohs. Is this info derived from Ancient Egyptian texts? Could please someone give me some reliable sources or/and bibliography?

2)I have also read Ankhe's personal belongings were not found next to Tut's in his tomb. But then I also remember reading that some of the items found belonged to both? Can anyone shed some light on this one please?

Thanks again