All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

So... what have I missed?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:48 am 
Pharaoh

When I noticed the forum died, I decided it not best to stick around going, 'Yeah... it's pretty dead around here ... yup". I have checked the place from time to time, seeing if there was some sort of 'surge of activity', becoming more or less dissapointed with what I've seen.

To make matters worse, the few bad apples that have decided to ... grace the forum with their inane posts seem to have pushed DM and/or the King (it's been a while since I've seen it in spelling, so forgive me if I'm incorrect; Ikhram, is it not?) to the point of a mass cleanup; slathering the board with warning signs known as 'rules' (which I find as a slap in the face, threatening the entire community for the actions of a few, non-permanent members (welcome to electronic raccism!!))!

As per me and Egyptology, I've been reading as always. I've discovered the work of Ian Shaw, a professor somewhere in England, I think. It seems he knows his stuff, and can put it in actual English, rather than boring, boring, dry, dry drivvel I'm so used to seeing through other Egyptologists. I'm also set to start a college carreer in the coming spring, where I'll be taking courses in ancient history, archaeology and anthropology (to name a few). It was supposed to start this fall; but someone at the school's offices screwed up, and screwed me for a few more months. Yaha. haha

But, as for this... Is this still just a place for a few nostalgic members to do absolutely nothing, or are things picking up, or back to normal?

...I'll check back in a week or so... maybe sooner, if I get a day off like today.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:28 pm 
Pharaoh

Dude, you have NO idea how much I miss you and the other awesome folks on here... :cry: It's really sad, KTO keeps going up and down. We need more intellectual newbies, and less n00bs around here...XD I think one should take like, some sort of test to enter this board...but, ah, would that be TOO harsh? :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:14 am 
Egyptian Architect

the_tutness_is_here wrote:
Dude, you have NO idea how much I miss you and the other awesome folks on here... It's really sad, KTO keeps going up and down. We need more intellectual newbies, and less n00bs around here...XD I think one should take like, some sort of test to enter this board...but, ah, would that be TOO harsh?

Here's a hint: Why don't you start up some interesting conversations, than people would join in! :roll: It makes no sense blaming all the 'newbies' when the new members never stick around long enough to make a difference anyway. :o I've been a member of this forum for a while, but never really bothered too much about posting because there's hardly-ever any interesting current topics. After all, this isn't the only AE forum on the net.... :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:28 am 
Pharaoh

DofS--you ARE the one posting on ED, I assume,

Why don't you start a debate or conversation going about one of your favorite subjects? I amways read avidly anything you have posted in ED. You seem to be so erudite on the subject of ancient Egypt. I'd love to see some of your comments here.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:19 am 
Pharaoh

Daughter_Of_SETI wrote:
Here's a hint: Why don't you start up some interesting conversations, than people would join in! :roll: It makes no sense blaming all the 'newbies' when the new members never stick around long enough to make a difference anyway. :o I've been a member of this forum for a while, but never really bothered too much about posting because there's hardly-ever any interesting current topics. After all, this isn't the only AE forum on the net.... :D

*Falls over and lands on her face.* Oi, yes, yes, BUT...I have been out of the loop lately...work and school got my brain all dizzy and such...@_@

No, I'm NOT blaming it on the newbies, my dear, I'm blaming it on the NOOBS...there is a difference...newbies are good, noobs are evil...don't take what I said the wrong way, I'm sorry if I sounded wrong...^_^;

And I know this isn't the only one, BUT again...I happen to come on here more often... 8)

And Osiris is right, dude, why don't you bring some stuff over here as well? I'm also on ED but I haven't been on there in...geez...a LONG while, now... :lol: I think I forgot my password...@_@ I really should get back on there, too, I've been neglecting it.

Again, apologies for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time, if I did. I really didn't intend to offend anyone...O_o;

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:17 pm 
Egyptian Architect

Osiris wrote:
DofS--you ARE the one posting on ED, I assume,

Image Osiris! Yes it's me, what gave it away, :lol: oh right, my avatar and signature being the same probably helped, lol.

Osiris wrote:
Why don't you start a debate or conversation going about one of your favorite subjects? I amways read avidly anything you have posted in ED. You seem to be so erudite on the subject of ancient Egypt. I'd love to see some of your comments here.

Thanks for the compliment. I didn't realise that my posts there were that interesting, although, I must admit, the reason I haven't really posted much here is that I thought I'd be mostly talking to myself! There doesn't seem to be that much chat that goes on over here. Image

Again, apologies for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time, if I did. I really didn't intend to offend anyone...O_o;

No offense taken, honestly. It's just that since I joined - in May, I think - there's only been an odd one or two new active members (not counting idiotic spammers), so I doubt that new members hold any problems, other than the lack thereof. It likely is just that old members slowly drifted away. <<-- Something I have 'heard' ex-members admit to.... Something about lack of conversation.... Image
On a side note, Tutness; I wasn't aware of the difference between 'newbie' and 'noob', so that's completely my bad. Image

Anyway, I'll try and post something on the forum sometime.... :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:58 pm 
Pharaoh

Daughter_Of_SETI wrote:
On a side note, Tutness; I wasn't aware of the difference between 'newbie' and 'noob', so that's completely my bad. Image

Anyway, I'll try and post something on the forum sometime.... :D

Ah, it's no problem, many don't quite know the noob-newbie comparison yet, which is why I'm sort of introducing the terms to everyone here. ^_^; Ah, ya learn somethin' new everyday, right? 8)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:08 pm 
Egyptian Architect

Ah, ya learn somethin' new everyday, right?

Image Well I try to learn something new everyday.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:46 am 
Pharaoh

Daughter_Of_SETI wrote:
Ah, ya learn somethin' new everyday, right?

Image Well I try to learn something new everyday.

Yea, so do I...it's fun, isn't it? :lol: As long as I spread the word about noobs and newbies on here, everything should be fine. And you know, n00b is a delicacy in some countries... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:16 pm 
Egyptian Architect

As long as I spread the word about noobs and newbies on here, everything should be fine.

LOL, looks like you've got yourself a mission. :lol:

And you know, n00b is a delicacy in some countries... :lol:

Mmm.... Yummy!! :P

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:18 pm 
Gods/Goddesses

Heh. Sorry about the warnings guys. I've not made one in a while...any ones I've made have already been up for some time. Well, Imran and I are desperately trying to figure out how to perform necromancy on this forum here. Any help from users would be appreciated. If you have ideas as to how we could make the board more interesting to you, post them here or PM:

Ramsekh
kingtutone
Dark_Meryetamun_28

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:38 am 
Pharaoh

Don't you dare, DM! As much as I hate that the rules were forced down the throats of the board members because of the few bad apples, I hate hypocracy even more.

Make your own topic. I wanted to know what's been going on since the board died, which ... obviously isn't anything beyond what I had left it in - ruin.

Follow your own rules. I abide by them, as do the other members. No one is above the law. Not even the king or the DM.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:25 pm 
Gods/Goddesses

o_o Oh crap I just realized what you meant. Sorry! >.< Yes, yes, I will make my own topic.

You didn't miss all that much, sadly enough. We're all glad to see you back, though. We need more people coming back!! Things are changing, though. Let's hope they help liven things up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:09 pm 
Pharaoh

Alright, thank you, DM - it's all I ask.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised you didn't rip my head off for my tiny stunt. Are you feeling alright, DM? :wink: :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:19 pm 
Gods/Goddesses

<.< Yes, but that remark of yours was quite scathing. I'd rather not get another one...>.>; That and you were right. It slipped my mind I swear. o_o