All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Is Smenkhkare really just Nefertiti ruling alonside her husband?
Total votes : 0

Nefertiti = Smenkhkare?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:56 pm 
Tomb Robber

I don't believe that they were the same person... Why would Nefertiti not simply rule as herself? Tons of evidence shows that she had a lot of say in everything and control over Akhenaten. There is speculation that she was a foreigner named Tadukhepa (it is belived that she changed her name just before marriage to suit her new Egyptian-ness) that was originally sent to be married to Amenhotep III but when he died she was married to Akhenaten, and that she was the one that introduced monotheism to Akhenaten. I believe this. There's lots of evidence that Akhenaten loved her very much and I could see her converting him to her own religion.

I think Smenkhkare may have used the name 'Neferneferuaten' is honor of his mother... who was most likely dead by the time of his rule.

Like I'm writing in my book... I think that Akhenaten did not know of Smenkhkare and Tut's existence (hence no records of them as very young children) and so I think that Ay or Horemheb (or both) killed Nefertiti and erased most records of her existence and influence in Egypt. I believe that the mummy Dr. Joan Fletcher found is infact Nefertiti and Akhenaten buried her originally in a magnificent tomb and buried her as a pharaoh to honor her, I think tomb raiders nearly ruined her corpse and perhaps moved her body around.

Re: Nefertiti = Smenkhkare?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:01 am 
Egyptian Architect

Nefertiti-tasherit wrote:
I don't believe that they were the same person... Why would Nefertiti not simply rule as herself? Tons of evidence shows that she had a lot of say in everything and control over Akhenaten. There is speculation that she was a foreigner named Tadukhepa (it is belived that she changed her name just before marriage to suit her new Egyptian-ness) that was originally sent to be married to Amenhotep III but when he died she was married to Akhenaten, and that she was the one that introduced monotheism to Akhenaten. I believe this. There's lots of evidence that Akhenaten loved her very much and I could see her converting him to her own religion.

I think Smenkhkare may have used the name 'Neferneferuaten' is honor of his mother... who was most likely dead by the time of his rule.

Like I'm writing in my book... I think that Akhenaten did not know of Smenkhkare and Tut's existence (hence no records of them as very young children) and so I think that Ay or Horemheb (or both) killed Nefertiti and erased most records of her existence and influence in Egypt. I believe that the mummy Dr. Joan Fletcher found is infact Nefertiti and Akhenaten buried her originally in a magnificent tomb and buried her as a pharaoh to honor her, I think tomb raiders nearly ruined her corpse and perhaps moved her body around.

The biggest Nefertiti news story of 2004 was Dr Joanne Fletchers controversial "discovery" of the body of Nefertiti.

Read a reviewof Fletchers controversial book by Mark Rose at Archaeology the online Journal of the Archaeological Institute of America.

Zahi Hawass head of Egypts Supreme Council of Antiquities was so insensed with Dr Fletcher's behaviour that he banned her and York University from working in Egypt for the forseeable future. In addition he went so far as to get a DNA test done to prove that the mummy in question was the body of a male and therefore couldn't possibly be Nefertiti. See the DNA report here. Read more about this discovery at the CBA News Site.

Read it all and make your own opion abut this case abut Joan Fletcher

I dont think they are the same people. I think that Nefertiti was banned
from court and she died lonly with her lover Thotmes the stone artist..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:25 am 
Pharaoh

Hahahahahahaha!! :lol:
Hawass banned someone for being incompetent!! Man, I love it every time I read that! :D

Back to seriosity, what makes you think Nefertiti was banned, dying alone with her ‘stone artist lover’?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:48 pm 
Egyptian Architect

Unas wrote:
Hahahahahahaha!! :lol:
Hawass banned someone for being incompetent!! Man, I love it every time I read that! :D

Back to seriosity, what makes you think Nefertiti was banned, dying alone with her ‘stone artist lover’?

I think that Tiy needed to split Akhnaton and Nefertiti to hold on to the power she hade,
and to do that she planted the story abut Thotmes and Nefertiti having an affair.
Then she was banned from court and disappeared from records as we know

I also think that this fitted the plans of Horemheb to be able to take over the throne.
He was a smart and patient man who I believe killed first smenkhara and later killed King Tut, He nowed that Ay was a old man
and soon would be dead he only hade to make sure there was no children
of Ay to claim the throne and he finally would be the Pharaoh him self.

And maybe Joan did discover something... but it was not Nefertiti
but perhaps it was Smenkhara? Why was he buried as a queen??
well it is common among royalties to have some homosexual tendency..
and maybe Smenkhara hade those tendency and actually was buried
like a queen to be dishonored by the Gods...

This is of cause just speculation of me but maybe there is some truth
abut it and think what a shame for Joan to miss this :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:07 pm 
Pharaoh

That is quite a theory, Claude! I wonder, though.. Is what you are going on based on what you think happened, or is it actually based on probable evidence?

I'm really not an expert on this subject, so any new angle I can be presented with is welcome!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:57 am 
Egyptian Architect

Unas wrote:
That is quite a theory, Claude! I wonder, though.. Is what you are going on based on what you think happened, or is it actually based on probable evidence?

I'm really not an expert on this subject, so any new angle I can be presented with is welcome!

I cant say it based on fact only though :? But if we look at the facts then its
possible to make some spekulation abut what happend.

1. We now that Nefertiti disappeard from records with out any explaining.
This i think is because she was banned from court.

2. Smenkhara was probably the soon of Tiy and Amenhotep III
Horemheb and Ay thouth they could influense him and controll him
but when they founf out that he was like his father who also liked boys
They desided that his time was over and to make little Tut king.

The rest we now Horemheb kills King Tut and Ay claims the throne
He is a old man and Horemheb must cover his murder so he patient
waits for the old Ay to die then he can bring order back to Egypt
and take throne him self....

But the other guys
here now more than me so maybe they can tell us more of what really
happend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:38 pm 
Pharaoh

In any case, you've got an interesting theory that actually does make some sense!

I say we just ask Nefertiti what happened to her! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:32 pm 
Egyptian Architect

Unas wrote:
In any case, you've got an interesting theory that actually does make some sense!

I say we just ask Nefertiti what happened to her! :wink:

Hehe :lol: good idea or you could read the book The Twelfth Transforming by Pauline Gedge
Its a fiction where she plays with the facts now today and after you
have read it you might think that since the evidence are almost zero
maybe the lady is not flying at all :wink:

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:09 am 
Prince/Princess

I don't belive Smenkhare and Nefertiti were the same. The mummy, that they found in tomb KV55 was a man - at least they said it. I haven't seen him... already... and, the mummy was in his twenties when he died and we know that Akhenaten ruled Egypt for 15-17 years. And Smenkhare ruled Egypt for 2 years only - I think he joined Akhenaten. If the man died when he was about 25, and he/she is really Nefertiti, Nefertiti must be 10-11 years old when she beared Meritamun. It sounds weird, yes?

But anyway, we know Akhenaten REALLY liked Nefertiti *sigh* and nobody could be better than she... or Smenkhare was?

So who's Smenkhare? I read somewhere that he was the brother of Akhenaten (like Thutmose) but he was younger than him. I really like that idea. We know that Akhenaten liked his family (I think he expecially adored Tiy) and if Smenkhare was his brother, he could be closer to Akh than Nefertiti.

Or not.

Nefertiti was probably Ay's daughter, so if Ay was the brother of Tiy, Nefertiti was the cousin of Akhenaten. She became the wife of him, too, and they ruled Egypt for some days - that's OK, but than a mysterious princess called Kia came, and she beared a son for Akh - yes, he is - TUTANKHAMUN. I think Nefertiti was totally jealous, and the relationship between Akhenaten and Nefertiti became worse. After Kia died, and Nefertiti beared some other children - but not a boy like Kia. Maybe, after this, Akhenaten would prefer his brother to his wife. That's why I think Nefertiti ISN'T Smenkhare.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:54 pm 
Scribe

Smenkhare and Nefertiti the same person? hmm probably not. A year ago I would have had a different answer to that question though, but there are still some things that don't add up.
For instance if Smenkhare wasn't Nefertiti then who was he? another son of Queen Tiye? and if so, why is he not mentioned? As far as I know there is only mention of him during the co-regency, giving a hint that he wasn't around before then or just wasn't important?
Now then if Smenkhare was not nefertiti, who did he marry? and did children come from that marriage?
I do believe Nefertiti was probably jealous that Kiya born her husband a son. So much so, she might have had the woman killed. It's so suspecious that soon after Tut's death, this mysterious Kiya dissapears. Although I'm sure problems with child birth were common in those days, but for some reason I don't see that as being the reason for her being vanished.
Hopefully the tomb KV63 will help answer some questions, hopefully some of the mummys in the tomb are from the armana period, it would help answer some questions.
I do agree that Ay and Nefertiti were related.
Though, didn't some of Akhenaten's daughters marry there father? if so what of the children from these relationships? didn't Ankhasenamun have a child by her father? and what of Meritamun? didn't she also have a child by her father as well? what of these children? did they live on? if so what was there role?

there are just so many questions and so little answers.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:35 am 
Pharaoh

If you look at Egyptian monuments abouth the only time something bad happens is when it happens to an enemy so possibly these dissapearances is just not mentioning death or illness.