Of course, eventually! ^__^ 53%  53%  [ 8 ]
Nah, it's not time yet...I think. O_o 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Sure, if they set thier minds to it! ^__^; 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
Tutness...beat yer boredom someplace else!! >_< 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 15

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:28 pm 
Pharaoh

DM is right, guys. Let's get back on track. ^__^;

Ok, did anyone hear any news on the Imhotep dig? :shock: Meaning, if they resumed the dig yet? I just can't wait till they find him! :lol: You know how impatient I can get!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:35 pm 
Prince/Princess

Quote:
This is long belated, but topic please.

You're right, and I'm guiltier than most...as usual. As my grade school teachers used to write on my report cards: "easily distracted." I had to look to see what the original topic was to begin with. My apologies. :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:50 pm 
Prince/Princess

I want to do a little more digging on the subject of Imhotep's tomb to try to get our dicsussion back on track, but it may not be tonight. The subject is what attracted me in the first place because Imhotep is one of my favorite personalities from ancient Egypt.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:32 pm 
Prince/Princess

LOL I'm giving up on this. A year or so ago I watched some television special on the hunt for Imhotep's tomb and the likeliest places they expect it to be, but could not find any good or at least current information about it on the internet. I kept coming across ridiculous theories based on Imhotep and the biblical Joseph being the same person, and I grew too weary of seeing that silly poo. So if anyone finds reliable information on the hunt for this tomb, please feel free to enlighten me!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:22 pm 
Scribe

Psusennes I wrote:
Just make something up to terrify them!

That's what I do, and try to conceal some real facts in with fun as well. Little children always get excited to hear how the Egyptians stored organs inside pots, and had their brains drained through their noses.

then they spend several years in a comprehensive school & the same thing happens to them.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:28 pm 
Scribe

The_Tutness_is_here wrote:
LOL I don't think our curators would look too kindly upon me for rigging Harwa's 2600-year-old eyelids to pop open. I'm afraid it shall remain a fantasy of mine.

:D

One of the munnies in the british museum was almost perfectly wrapped except for 1 big toe, as kids we used to stare at this toe hoping for it to move. Unfortunately the toe started to disintegrate & is no longer there.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:12 am 
Prince/Princess

Not sure if this is an update but see for yourself

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:31 pm 
Servant

I dare say that one day they will find Imohoteps tomb as Egypt has only given up a fraction of its secrets.

But what if the tomb is empty of his remains?

Surely that would give the theorist of the bibical Joseph and Imohotep nexus new ammunition to fuel their argument that they are one and the same?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:49 am 
Tomb Robber

Im trying to find info on this dig for imhotep...just cant seem to find anything.

is there any latest news on this. it would be great if they found him. i think this imhotep will remain a mystery. this man has alot of answers for us all.

cant wait for the day to come when or if they find his tomb and everything left in place, undisturbed by anybody. i know the polish archaeologist was Excavating but heard nothing since. his name im sure you all know is Karol Mysliwiec.
[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:18 am 
Prince/Princess

Yes. It seems to have gone quiet on the Egyptian front. I'm hoping to hear something about the pyramid they discovered recently but it's all gone quiet.Image

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:24 am 
Tomb Robber

seems like we are going to have to wait 5yrs or so :roll:

The Saqqara Geophysical Survey Project may be on the verge of discovering the remains of Imhotep, the architect of the Step Pyramid.

Project Director Ian Mathieson said, ‘We’ve now found two large tombs where we think Imhotep could be. The largest tomb is around 90 metres long by 50 metres wide. The walls are more than five metres thick.

‘The second tomb is next to it, and is about 70 metres long by 50 metres wide. It has a complicated internal structure which suggests a courtyard or temple.

‘The tombs dwarf everything in the area. A person of Imhotep’s importance could have commanded the artisans and labour needed to build his own tomb on this kind of scale.

‘All the information we have points to this being the most probable place he could be.’

The next step should be an excavation to look for Imhotep’s mummy. However, due to the sensitive nature of the area, there is a ban on excavation work for the next five years.

http://www.pyramidofman.com/blog/pyrami ... ing-place/

Last edited by Mick on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:59 pm 
Prince/Princess

Quote:
The next step should be an excavation to look for Imhotep’s mummy. However, due to the sensitive nature of the area, there is a ban on excavation work for the next five years.

That's very frustrating. Thanks for the update, Mick. Image