All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

King Tutankhamen
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:55 pm 
Tomb Robber

I don't like this. :x I need to do a summary on King Tut and it's hard. I can't find much info. This site has helped a lot though. If you have a site that i can use besides this one please post it on this thread. Thanks Guys!!!
:D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:11 pm 
Pharaoh

http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/amethys ... ldren.html
That is quite a good site, it has three sections dedicated to Tutankhamun, his life ruling, his possible murder and his tomb.

Edited by DM28 for easier viewing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:24 am 
Tomb Robber

Thanks
Quote:
That is quite a good site

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:43 am 
Scribe

Si-amun thanks for the site i checked it out it was pretty kool :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:47 pm 
Servant

that site rocked! :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 4:49 am 
Prince/Princess

Nice URL... 8) But I like that site. So cool.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:15 pm 
Gods/Goddesses

That King Tutankhamen special is on National Geographic right now. Lol, my dad is more interested in it than I am. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:24 pm 
Pharaoh

I can't say I blame you, though, Ramsekh. If you're anything like me, and have had enough of Tutankhaten practically being the figure head for Egyptology, then perhaps .. enough is enough?

Anyhoo, that site ... Wow, loads of great information, there! That person has way too much free time!

...I believe it high time to destroy Tutankhaten. This is why they tried to erase him from the records. They didn't want him to be found. They didn't want him to be paraded around like some war trophy. They wanted to be left alone..! But they messed up, forgot a link. We have Tutankhaten, and we'll use him to destroy Egypt's history!! .. Er, maybe not.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:48 pm 
Tomb Robber

it's the bomb diggity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:27 pm 
Pharaoh

Unas wrote:
I can't say I blame you, though, Ramsekh. If you're anything like me, and have had enough of Tutankhaten practically being the figure head for Egyptology, then perhaps .. enough is enough?

Anyhoo, that site ... Wow, loads of great information, there! That person has way too much free time!

...I believe it high time to destroy Tutankhaten. This is why they tried to erase him from the records. They didn't want him to be found. They didn't want him to be paraded around like some war trophy. They wanted to be left alone..! But they messed up, forgot a link. We have Tutankhaten, and we'll use him to destroy Egypt's history!! .. Er, maybe not.

Whoa, whoa, whoooooaaaa!!!! :shock: :lol:

Loverly site! I just wish that sometimes, Tut's story--the WHOLE thing, from beggining to end, even so bold as to fill in the spaces--could be told. Even an educated guess. I've watched shows and specials on the National Geographic channel, Travel channel, Discovery Times channel, and any other kind of channel like the above mentioned, where all they talked about was his tomb, how it was found and the "Mummy's curse", and who died. Only ONE special--The Assassination of King Tut on Discovery Channel--was somewhat CLOSE to telling his story, and had actors portray the people in his life, and of course himself. (Hell, I even taped it!! :lol: :lol: ).

But I'm sick of them telling the same story of just his tomb and just the curse. There's a LOT more to the story, and you all gotta agree with me on that. I can die happily if Tut's true story was finally told, AND proof that Tut is Akhenaten's son. (I'm so passionate about that, forgive me. :shock: :? ).

So Unas...Why lay off Tut now, when only 1/4 of his story is told? :lol: Personally, and I'm sorry to say this but I gotta get this off my chest-- I'll only be satisfied when his story--and Akhenaten's, I'm bold enough to say--are told correctly, and that evidence...ANYTHING....will straighten out any doubts, conflicts and long-lasting debates. And then, finally, we can take a breather.

...And on one note: They SHOULD have left him alone, just as they should have done with all the other kings and priests and civilians and servants, right? But...it's a bittersweet thing, really. We WANT to know how they lived, what they did, and back then they wanted to see what they LOOKED like, apparently, and how mummification was done. But then, you may ask, "Why look at a body, when there are records of it!? It was written down, wasn't it? The process of mummification? And why need a body to see how they lived!? It's on the walls of tombs and palaces and temples, and also written down! We could have just as easily read the accounts instead of disturbing the tombs and burial grounds! Why!?"

Simple, for most people, sadly, seeing is believing. Point blank.

Sorry to be blunt, but...umm..there you go. That's my take on it. If I'm wrong, anywhere...Geez, I haven't been on here in a while, I need to refresh... :( ....Let me know, point me out in the right direction. Sorry if this offends people. Unas, you guys, I missed you, it's been tooooo long since I was on here!!! 8) :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:10 pm 
Prince/Princess

You may like this one:
Tutankhamen's life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:18 am 
Prince/Princess

I like this, too! I'm thinking of writing a book about Tutankhamen's life, and I think these websites will be very useful! Thank you all! :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:18 am 
Pharaoh

Merytre-Hatshepsut wrote:
You may like this one:
Tutankhamen's life

Oh my goodness, THANK YOU, I LOVE THIS!!!! ^____^ THIS IS AWESOME...!!! *Dances and puts link in favorites* You made my day better, thank you for the link!!! ^___^ It provides VERY good info on everything...thank yoouuuuuuu!!!! :oops: :oops: :D :D :D 8) 8) You are sooo cool!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:23 am 
Pharaoh

Lostris wrote:
I like this, too! I'm thinking of writing a book about Tutankhamen's life, and I think these websites will be very useful! Thank you all! :)

And Lostris, I forgot, I'm sorry I didn't see your post until I posted!!! Good luck with your book, my Tut comic is almost ready to be published!! Before it is, I'll put up a link for it when I put it up on my Livejournal site, and share it with you guys before it's released next year!!! Lostris, keep up the good work, hun!! ^___^