All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:14 pm 
Prince/Princess

I know Cleopatra is my favorite of that time in Egypt. But because of the time she was in power she could not be my favorite.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:55 pm 
Pharaoh

I take it that you are not a fan of the Ptolemies then! Many people aren't actually. Am I to understand therefore that you are a fan of the Armana period (from your name)? I find that period just as interesting as the Ptolemies too, but it lacks the intrigue for me (no juicy murders or revolts). Earlier Egyptian history is quite quiet on all of that really (apart from the harem conspiracy). Can you think of any more assasination attempts? I know Tao Seqenenre II was murdered in battle but are there any actual Royal murders?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:34 pm 
Prince/Princess

:) Akhenaten and his beliefs are quite interesting. And also the mystery of King Tutankhamuns death is quite fun to learn about also.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:17 pm 
Pharaoh

I am just getting into that period myself actually. It is so interesting to see one of, if not the first major social and religous upheavals in the whole world. I am really not a fan of Akhenaten though, and often use the word heretic instead of his name. I swear I have the mind of an Ancient Egyptian in the body of a 21st century student! lol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:44 pm 
Pharaoh

Si-amun wrote:
I am just getting into that period myself actually. It is so interesting to see one of, if not the first major social and religous upheavals in the whole world. I am really not a fan of Akhenaten though, and often use the word heretic instead of his name. I swear I have the mind of an Ancient Egyptian in the body of a 21st century student! lol

Umm, i believe that Mesopotamia holds both of those distingsions. The social would be the establishment of the kingship over control of the temples and cities dating to around 2900 BCE. Prior to this date the cities of Sumer and Mesopotamia were centered around temple rule.

Another social upheaval could be considered with the establishment of the Akkadian Empire ca. 2334 BCE by Sargon the Great.

As for religious upheaval umm try Sargon's grandson Naram-Sin, and his establishment of the "divine king" ca. 2254 BCE. He was the first king of Mesopotamia to deitifed himself, as the God of Aagde.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:57 pm 
Pharaoh

Please re-read my post. I believe I said "one of, if not the first". I left it ambiguous so that you couldn't pull me up on it. I was being careful and still you pull me up on it. Cut me a little slack here, please!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:23 pm 
Pharaoh

Sekhy's a human encyclopedia. lol, Speaking of, Where is Sekhy?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:39 pm 
Egyptian Architect

Yes,but didn't Shakespere write Anthony and Cleopatra?

I'm more into his works about English rulers. I love Tudor England.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:39 pm 
Tomb Robber

I do rather like my friend's temple. Though...it could be a little less morbid. Existen is nothing of the sort, you see. Quite the contrary.