All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Clear it up: Is Akhenaten Tut's dad?!
Yes 81%  81%  [ 21 ]
No 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Maybe 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
So...? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Who?!! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Are you really THAT bored, Tutness? O_o 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 26

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:33 am 
Prince/Princess

Oh, well, I love that idea (I mean Akhenaten, as a famous king). I also like Tut, but as you can realized from my posts (and signature, anyway) Akhenaten is my ultimate favourite. I made a lot of pictures of him and also wrote two books, haha... I hope he will be more famous soon. When I returned from Egypt, and I gave a picture with Akhenaten to my best friend, Judy she asked: "Is he a girl or a boy?" :shock: :|

Anyway, I think Seti I is in the museum..., but not sure... Well, I have a book written by Zahi Hawass about the Cairo Museum, but I left it in my grandma's house... :P But I think yes. Don't kill me if not.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:05 pm 
Prince/Princess

Quote:
and I'm curious to see that Akhenaten's fame is increasing

His fame is indeed increasing. I often get questions about him at the museum. People don't always know the name, but they'll ask something like, "Who's that pharaoh who worshiped only one god?" I think it's that fact more than most that has many Westerners intrigued about Akhenaten. After all, most Westerners are monotheistic, secifically Christian or Jewish or Muslim, and it enables them to identify with so great a personage from ancient history. I think people feel a need to identify with the ancients in order to understand them better. That's often a good thing, but it can be a bad way to go about it, too.

Quote:
And I agree--Ramses II and Seti I would be rolling in thier graves, that is, if they weren't in a glass case in the Cairo museum.

LOL That made me burst out laughing. :lol: You're a funny one, tutness. I can just picture these mummies in their glass cases like big hunks of beef jerkey spinning at light speed over a grill. Don't ask, it's just what came to mind--and, well, my mind is kind of a dark and creepy place. :shock:

And yes, both Seti I and Ramesses II are at the Egyptian Museum in Cairo.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:29 pm 
Pharaoh

kmt_sesh wrote:
His fame is indeed increasing. I often get questions about him at the museum. People don't always know the name, but they'll ask something like, "Who's that pharaoh who worshiped only one god?" I think it's that fact more than most that has many Westerners intrigued about Akhenaten.

Well, WOW!!! ^_^ That's great....I know that in no time at all, they'll even REMEMBER his name!! Though, I only know few who can actually PRONOUNCE his name, let alone what he actually did besides worshipping only one God. And the few that say this, mind you, say that he "Worshipped the Sun". Which is true....but it'd be nice if they remembered his name, like Tut's. Tut lived a short life as king, and was basically famous for being the "Boy-king", whereas few remember Akhenaten, and he changed the rules of religion in Egypt!! This a major turning point in world history religion-wise. But, I guess time will tell how famous he'll be in the next 5 or 10 years. :D :shock: Long time...

kmt_sesh wrote:
LOL That made me burst out laughing. :lol: You're a funny one, tutness. I can just picture these mummies in their glass cases like big hunks of beef jerkey spinning at light speed over a grill. Don't ask, it's just what came to mind--and, well, my mind is kind of a dark and creepy place. :shock:

And yes, both Seti I and Ramesses II are at the Egyptian Museum in Cairo.

Well, thank goodness I got it right!! :lol: 8) YOUR mind is a dark, creepy place? Heh, mine's just perverted at times. :wink: :lol: :lol: I'm glad I made you laugh, Kmt, cause I know we've been tense on here these past couple of weeks with the strange "Spam Incidents". I just like to make people laugh and smile...no sad faces when I'M here!! ^_^

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:13 pm 
Scribe

I did not read all of what everyone had to say. Sorry. I just wanted to speak my mind.....<3 to everyone, do not be offended....:P

Issue number one: Nefertiti only had daughters, yet there is the relief of Akh and Nef mourning over a woman who died in childbirth-the result? A baby with the ostrich plume fan over 'it'. Conclusion-A royal birth has occurred, and it was not Nefertiti's.

Issue Number Two: The body in Kv 55....It's sex has been argued over since it's discovery. Yet, Tut and this body share the same bloodtype. Meaning they are brothers or father and son. Conclusion: Akh's illness would have made it hard to tell by the fusion of bones alone, according to age. The skull shape matches his representations, and we have no reason not to believe that he did not appear as such. Besides that, the body has wide hips LIKE A WOMAN. No other royal male reaches this protocol. (Forgive my spelling.)

Issue Number Three: Tut shared the same illness Akh had. Evident in kilts and loinclothes found in his tomb by the Swedes. (No direspect intended.) He has HIPS too. Conclusion: Marfan's can only be passed through genes.

Ultimate conclusion: Akhenaten is Tut's father. (I have more proof; however, my brain farted and told me to go screw myself. :P) If anyone finds any holes, please let me know. I will gladly fill them up for you!!! :D (no I am not intending to sound...mean.)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:16 pm 
Scribe

Lostris I just read your statement and....I have hit my friends for saying that.....With a large heavy BOOK!!!!! :twisted: They did not enjoy, but I did. :twisted: *mwahahahah*

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:24 pm 
Pharaoh

Item #1--True, there is a relief showing Akhenaten and Nefertiti weeping over the body--thought to be that of one daughter. There is also a child shown, but current thought is that it is too old for a newly-born baby, and there is absolutely no suggestion made of any relationship with either Akhenaten or Nefertiti.

Item #2--An autopsy/examination of the skeletal remains from KV55, done by Ms. Filer, an ass't to the curator of Egyptian artifacts at the BM reached the conclusion that it was a male, and Ms. Filer is "99.9% sure those remains are of Smenkhara, based on the head-shape, build of the body and other factors".

Item #3--The recently finished and closely examined CT scan on the remains of Tutankhamen show him to be a fairly healthy young man, with NO PHYSICAL DISABILITIES at the time of his death.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:08 pm 
Scribe

I am not talking of the death of Meketaten. There is another death, almost right above the other one. Same relief. Same tomb wall. Same room. (The one standing is believed to be Meketaten, the other Kiya.) And since when do the Egyptians show anything the size it is supposed to be? Commoners come to Akhenaten's shin, his children maybe to his knee. They showed things to get the point across.

What if Smenkhare is Nefertiti....? That marks that out. All the other poeple who did autopsies were sure of themselves too. When it was female and when it was male. Another point, all royals look like Akh. Nef can even be confused with Akh.

But he did have one. His neck and top part of his vertebrae were fused together. (I cannot remember the name of the illness, but it is an illness.) Thus limiting his movement and making him have to turn his upper body to turn his head, as it would not move.

Would you mind telling me where you read this....? I am interested in this; greatly. (I am not trying to be hussy, I swear...<3 to you Osiris! Thank you for keeping me on my toes!!)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:10 pm 
Scribe

This comes out a lot better when I am in person....T_T *weep*

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:22 am 
Pharaoh

See this for CT scan results:
http://www.egyptologyonline.com/ct_scan_report.htm

As you can see from the report, no disabling features of any kind were found in Tut's mummy. Several things were slightly wrong--impacted wisdom tooth, slightly enlarged skull, slight but noticable curviture of the spine--but nothing that would be noticable.

When you speak of the sexuality of KV55, whether it is male or female--actually, the only persons who insisted it was female was the orginal discoverer of the tomb, Davies. To verify that he had found Tiye, he had the remains examined by a doctor that he found in the Winter Palace Hotel in Luxor. The doctor was...a dentist!

True, size does not mean anything in AE art. But the child is shown with a sidelock--impossible on a newly-born baby. I was not aware of a second relief showing the death of Kiya, in fact, I thought that whatever happened to Kiya was unknown. If there is a secondary relief, it probably was just a repeat of the aforementioned scene.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:05 pm 
Scribe

....I still believe Akhenaten to be Tut's father....Although...., I still wonder about those loinclothes....A thirty or so inch waist with forty inch (or so) hips....? Mummification would have taken out fat deposits, but...the loinclothes cannot be argued with. An illness like Marfan's would have to be discoverd using other tests. If those tests are even available. Yet, they said no illness....Would Marfan's or any such genetic disorder be able to be found in a body that is over three thousand years old, if indeed the person in question had it.....?

The relief I was talking about..is controversial to scholars. Some agree with you, believing it to be his daughter, while others believe it to be Kiya. I do not know a website that has the relief I only know of books. I do not remeber seeing a sidelock...But if it doeeeees have a sidelock that further proves royalty....An heir more specifically.

This has really got me puzzled....With this medical analysis....Scholars would have to rethink their theories....(I knew of the examination and that he was bent on it being Tiye, despite the evidence in front of him that disputed this.....The dentist....*shakes head* Of all people to get for a medical examination...)

Out of curiousity, Osiris, who do YOU believe to be Tut's father....? :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:27 pm 
Pharaoh

As in Fredrick Giles' book, "The Amarna Age: Egypt" I personally believe Akhenaten, Smenkhara and Tutankhamen to be brothers, and that their fater was Amenhotep III.
This theory relies heavily on Giles' coregency ideas, but he proves his point quite well for me. I strongly advise you to read the book, if you haven't as of yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:35 pm 
Scribe

I do not believe that Amenhotep II shared a long co-regency with AKhenaten, but I am open to options. I will read the book. Out of curiosity, and for the fact that I could add to my own theories. Thank you, Osiris.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:37 pm 
Scribe

I meant the III....Sorry. :P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:40 pm 
Pharaoh

Eck...I don't really beleive that...but, we debated this sooo many times before...XD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:45 pm 
Scribe

Scholars still debate it......And whether he had Marfan't or not.....(Froelich's is not an option.....)....What am I saying...? They debate everything about the guy....They can't decide on anything.....It's actually kind of sad....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next