All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 2:03 pm 
Pharaoh

Well, I like alot of the Ancient Egyptian movies that were released. The Ten Commandments was AWESOME!!! I really liked that one. Prince of Egypt....eh....not as much. Si-Amun had the right idea about the two singing priests...in my opinion, they were irrelevent to the entire film, but all in all, I only watch the beginning of the film, up to the part when Moses left Egypt. And my favorite songs were "Deliver us" and the song "River lullaby". Those songs were pretty, especially the latter. ^_^ But it was an average film after when Moses left. I hated that song the priests sang--"Playing with the big boys"--It was like nails on a chalkboard. :x Anywho, I also love the Mummy movies...I live in Tampa, and I went to Orlando--Universal Studios--to ride the new "Mummy's Revenge" rollar coaster. ^_^ It was really fun, though filled with animatronic mummies O_O;..... ^_^; But still, great 4-D effects. Back to the movie subject--that's pretty much it. I wanted to see "Joseph, king of dreams", and just when my school had a play for "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat"! ^_^; Meh...I want to see the movie version...I heard it was better than "Prince of Egypt", correct?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:59 am 
Egyptian Architect

I thought The Ten Commandments was great fun, too...even though full of inaccuracies and various "Hollywoodisms." For me, the best performances were in supporting roles: Edward G. Robinson as Dathan, and Judith Anderson as Memnet, the hard-hearted old Nurse!!

Best,

Niankhkhnum

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:06 am 
Pharaoh

Ah, yes, the nurse that died? :shock: She was the one that was going to expose Moses as a Hebrew, then the princess killed her, right? ^_^ She was funny. Yul Brynner was a great Ramesses. :D (I hope I spelled Yul's name right! :? Gasp...!! :lol: ).