All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Akhenaten ello ello ello
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:42 am 
Servant

lets talk about my favourite pharaoh and probably urs the revoultionary Akhenaten.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 5:40 pm 
Prince/Princess

That guy's amazing! He has so many stereotypes, alter-egos, identities, portrayals ect. He's gay, he's Moses, he's a prophet, he's mentally ill, he's a transexual, he's passifistic, he's evil, he's a visionary, he's a genius, he's really stupid, he's insane... The list goes on and on. So much contrevorsy... I LOVE that guy! :D

cool
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:44 am 
Servant

cool sounds like u really love him, good 4 u. i think he was fantastic but i dont love him. who do u think killed him???

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 4:38 am 
Egyptian Architect

It could have been one of the men who attempted to kill him before...one of the Amun priests maybe.

hg
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 4:45 am 
Servant

i think it was Aye

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 7:49 am 
Egyptian Architect

yes, it could have been, after all he was one of the Amun priests.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:53 am 
Prince/Princess

Amun priests probably, either that or the plague got him. Either way though, I think enough people hated him that his mummy was torn to shreds. :(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:37 pm 
Prince/Princess

I also believe that Akhenaten is a very interesting historical figure. I believe that either the Priests of Amun or Horemheb killed him. To me they seem to be the most likely suspects, although I'm sure that all of you have very different ideas. I wrote a story about the Amun Priests murdering Akhenaten, maybe that's why I think that they did it. Sotries that you write have a big impact on they way that you think about certain topics, because you have it laid out in written form, you can play it over in your head, and you know that it would be possible. Buy anyways...

About Akhenaten's mummy being torn to shreds by his adversarys. This is a very interesting topic. A theory of Nicholas Reeves, brought out in his book "Akhenaten, Egypt's false Prophet," Says that the cache, or tomb, KV55, could have very well been Akhenatens, and that during the process of the digging of the tomb of a Rammeside Pharaoh (Sorry, can't remember which one), the diggers may have heard a hllow sound underneath them, because the tomb was built right above KV55. So they discovered the tomb of Akhenaten, Tye, and POSSIBLY Smenkhkare. They remember who Akhenaten is, that he was hated, and still was, so remove Tye's mummy from the 'Unholy and desecrated' tomb of the heretic Pharaoh and place it and her burial provisions elsewhere. Here's where the possibly comes in........ Is the mummy left in the tomb Smenkhakre? If it isn't, here's what N. Reeves thinks happened: After removing Tye's body they returned to the tomb and trashed it, and threw a rock onto the coffin of Akhenaten, smashing it, and remobing the cartouches. BUT, if it were Smenkhakre, what would be the use in removing all of Tye's provisions? Smenkhakre wasn't thought of badly, except for being the son of Akhenaten. He didn't rule long enough to be hated.

Then, of course, you may say, "The mummy was found to be a man in his 20's, too young to be Akhenaten. At this point I encourage you to read the aforementioned book, as explaining this subject in more detail would take WAY too long :-)