All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Who's Your Favorite Queen?
Total votes : 0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:58 am 
Gods/Goddesses

I like Nefertari a lot; However, I would have voted for Isisnofret if she had been on the list.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:41 pm 
Servant

the Queens of egypt rocked *nervous laugh* :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:37 pm 
Scribe

gah, what list? I didn't see a list but anyways my fav queen is Hatshesut because she was queen but also acomplished being Pharoah and that she worked more at the life at home than being all greeding and expanding eygpt's boarders

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:12 am 
Pharaoh

good girl!! HAtshepsut is the best and always will be! :D

ciauuu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:15 pm 
Scribe

lol, she is the best :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:49 pm 
Pharaoh

Seem's we vote on this one alot! I'd look foolish even saying.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:42 am 
Pharaoh

every intelligent being would vote for Her! :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:30 pm 
Gods/Goddesses

Blargh!!! WHY???

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:16 pm 
Pharaoh

indeed I said "every intelligent being.."...what you wrote????ahahhahah... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:40 pm 
Pharaoh

It has to be Queen Tiy, I wouldn't vote for Hatchepsut because she was a King officially, not a Queen! So there! Tiy was a great woman, she challenged the norms of her position, unlike Hatchepsut who really just filled the position of the King rather than changing the position she was given. Although Hatchepsut did a lot of "revolutionary" things I think Tiy was the real revolutionary as she made herself almost equal to a Pharaoh without "becoming" one and losing her feminine beauty.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:47 pm 
Pharaoh

WHO TOLD YOU THAT MAAKARA HAS SOMEHOW LOST HER FEMININE BEAUTY IS COMPLETELY WRONG!!! :lol:

Hatshepsut she's been ruling as a queen for long years....and she didn't still the throne to her nephew....don't believe such a thing, many particulars inside Jeser-Jeserw can prove that it was not Thotmes III to erase her figure, but probably Ramses II....whomever he was, the author was definitly not Thotmes III, who's been loving her, maybe even like a mother.
I think too that queen Tiye was a great one, even if my preferrences go to....ME!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:49 pm 
Pharaoh

I meant that she depicted herself as a man with false beard and no breasts. I know she was still a woman! lol. I just dont think it is revolutionary to depict yourself as a man just to "fit in". Tiy on the other ahnd was very much a woman in power, not a "man".

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:55 pm 
Pharaoh

yes, maybe, but it was necessary for her to do that, in order to do al the things she's been doing.....she made something really strong in order to undertake strong action that she could not do without!...the picture I have of teh statue of Hatshepsut, that is at Boston Museum, I think, she is wearing the Nemes as men did, but she still have her breast, even if not like mine!...ehm....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:14 pm 
Pharaoh

Yes, interesting point but whether she could have done all the things she did and been officially a woman we will never know. In a way she reinforced the stereotype by saying women cant be Pharaohs, she had to make herself a "man". At least Tiy was a revolutionary, Tiy also did her duty to Egypt and produced a clear heir instead of leaving the son of a minor wife inherit the worlds greatest throne! Grrrrrrrrrr.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:29 pm 
Pharaoh

or it can simply be read in another way...:"since I am the daughter of God Amun, even if I am a woman, I can also be Pharaoh"....or, another way more:"I am a woman, so I can be whatever I want!"...doubtless, she's been great! :wink:
...maybe she was a little masculine, too, and liked it...who knows??? :lol:

I personally like a lot the way she conducted the whole situation: growing ThotmesIII strong and with the right balance of character ( I don't know if you can understand what I mean)....the greatness of Thotmess III has the "Hatshepsut" basis....who had inherited this from her father, the great ThotmessI, who grown her up to became a good queen and..(who knows??) maybe even a good King!!...

To be honest I don't know Tiye as well as I know Hatshepsut, but I think I would like her....I like strong women!... :wink:

Hatshepsut was trusting Thotmes a lot, as her nephew and as the descendant of her her father Thomes I....Maat ruled her life, she really believed in the concept of Maat. According to this, she could not break the chain of the Thomes family, in order to give to Khemet the correct stability...so the Maat! :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next