All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

New Book - Need Help!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:30 pm 
Tomb Robber

I am in the process of writing a historical fiction novel about the time between Nefertiti's marriage to Akhenaten and the death of Tutankhamen (they are the two main characters.) I would LOVE any specific details about their lives, Akhenaten's, Ay's, Horemheb's, Tiy's, Mutnojme's, Ankhesenamun's, or ANYONE that was even remotely related to either Nefertiti or Tutankhamen.
I am making it mostly like a soap opera to have it be interesting... but I am strictly going by any detailed facts that are proven or 99% likely to be accurate. Here is the basic plotline as of now...

1355 - Nefertiti and Akhenaten are married to one another at the ages of 9
1351 - Nefertiti gives birth to Smenkhkare (Smenkhkare and Tutankhamen are sons of a man named Amon, Nefertiti's childhood friend and lover in her years of womanhood, she loves both him and Akhenaten deeply)
1350 - Meritaten is born
1349 - Meketaten and Ankhenspaaten are born
1343 - Tutankhaten is born
1339 - Neferneferuaten is born
1336 - Setepenre and Neferneferure are born, Meketaten dies in childbirth
1335 - Nefertiti is murdered by Ay and Horemheb, hoping it will ruin Akhenaten (who loves her more than life itself, they are counting on being next in throne seeing as he has no sons), Akhenaten finds Smenkhkare and Tutankhamen and takes them in as his own sons, he makes Smenkhkare his co-regent and Smenkhkare marries Meritaten
1333 - Smenkhkare dies, leaving Tutankhamen as ruler
1327 - Ankhesenamun births a premature daughter
1326 - Ankhesenamun births stillborn daughter
1324 - Tutankhamen is murdered by Ay and Horemheb

There is more added inbetween all these vague events... but these are the rough dates and main plot events. Please, I would LOVE constructive criticism, ideas, suggestions, facts about their lives, anything that may help. Nothing is set in stone!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:44 pm 
Scribe

didn't u just say this in another thread? hmm, im sure ma'at knows, she always knows

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:50 am 
Egyptian Architect

Well there is a good bock written by Pauline Gedge
Not sure abut the English title ? "The Son of the Sun"
There she writes in a Fiction style abut the Arman time
and she has a few nice suggestions to what happen to Nefertiti
and the others. Read it its very good..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:15 am 
Pharaoh

Dear Nefretiti-Tasherit,
doubtless it's a good thingto start writing a novel that develops in Ancient Egypt....My advice is to start from proven historical basis...the facts that you have listed are almst pure imagination.
I think thatyou should sart first to make a good research, also to better understand the period you are talking about, otherwise you'll find that everything you are writing has nothing .."real"....
Good luck on your book! :wink:
ciao ciao

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:32 am 
Egyptian Architect

Hello Nefertiti-tasherit,

The novel idea sounds very interesting. I agree with maatkara....spend more time studying the period and checking the facts...I think you'll find more than enough fascinating material so that it won't be necessary to "skew" it towards soap opera. The 2 excellent biographies of Akhenaten, by Cyril Aldred and Dr. Donald Redford, are invaluable if you don't already have them at hand.

Best wishes and best of luck...

Niankhkhnum