All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

Are the pyramids tombs?
Total votes : 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:26 pm 
Pharaoh

Osiris II wrote:
If you want to isolate the Great Pyramid, Tash, it's true--there are no paintings done on the interior walls at all. In the relieving chamber, above the king's burial chamber, is some painted hieroglyphs that, basically, say "This side up", along with the Pharoah's name. It's in an area that it would be impossible to fake--part of it is under some adjoining blocks. But this should not be considered as a big exception--until Unas, there was no paintings done in any pramid--in fact, that of Unas is not painting, but carving. I can't think of any pyramid that has painting. Sekhmet?

There is not a single pyramid i am familiar with that has real paintings inside it. You mention Unas (last Pharaoh of the 5th Dynasty), and are right it isn't until his pyramid that there is any work done within a pyramid. And this work was part of the religious texts known as the Book of the Dead.
When i read this it got me to thinking at what point did Pharaoh start painting their tombs. What about nobles? What i did find was that all pyramids were connected to temples for their owner. There in the temples if there were paintings. They could be found. The causeway to Unas' pyramid that came from his temple has beautiful reliefs carved on it. Nobles from at least the reign of Unas painted their tomb walls and these paintings often contained scences from their lives. So it wasn't something that just wasn't done period. Nobles did do it. Why not Pharaoh?

Between the end of the 13th Dynasty and the beginning of the 18th Dynasty, i am not sure to talk at all. However, by the start of the 18th Dynasty pyramids are no longer being built. Pharaohs constructed tombs in the Valley of the Kings deep within the earth. Of the Pharaohs buried there from the 18th- through the 20th there is only one known Pharaoh who painted life scences in his tomb. This being Ay, who painted the only known scences from life on his royal tomb walls. (See Amarna Letters, Essays on Ancient Egypt ca 1390-1310 B.C. Volume Four, Fall 2000; Paintings in the Tomb of King Ay (WV23) by Otto J. Schaden, pgs 99-101.)

The rest of the royal tombs are with paintings of religious matters and not of life. They are mostly of the gods/goddess' welcoming the Orisis Pharaoh along with the texts from various Books of the Dead. It makes sense if we stop to consider that even in life Pharaoh wasn't a man, but a god stuck on earth. Who looked forward to joining his divine family in the heavens. Considering this why would Pharaoh leave paintings of human life on his walls? Since, he was never human.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:57 am 
Prince/Princess

Thats right but maybe there were some non conformists in ancient egypt, dont u remember akhenaten? he wanted to be pictured kissing his kids and holding hands with his wife, maybe Ay was the same, but im not sure was Ay Akhen's Uncle? i dunno dont ask me, i havnt had sleep for 30 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:34 am 
Pharaoh

Tash wrote:
Thats right but maybe there were some non conformists in ancient egypt, dont u remember akhenaten? he wanted to be pictured kissing his kids and holding hands with his wife, maybe Ay was the same, but im not sure was Ay Akhen's Uncle? i dunno dont ask me, i havnt had sleep for 30 hours

Oh, i don't believe being nonconformists was Ay's intention Tash. He was a very old man when he came to the throne. Had been and lived as a nobleman not a divine king. i think the reason why he alone of 3 dynasties to put nobleman artwork on his royal tomb is because it was what he had wanted all his life on his tomb alls. You know Pharaoh is above the law:) Four years as divine god on earth wasn't enough to get the commoner out of Ay.

Go to bed :) i don't think Ay was Ankenaten's uncle. See thread in Pharaohs titled Akhenaten's childhood.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:11 am 
Prince/Princess

Now u think of it going to bed does sound like a good idea. haha, anyone else have anything to add?

Ka-Gmi
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:13 am 
Pharaoh

I found this site to be most interesting:

www.worldtrek.org/odyssey/africa/103099 ... qqara.html

Hope you enjoy the research.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:01 am 
Pharaoh

Ankhesenamun3 wrote:
:? If the aliens had a hand in building the pyramids then why do the Egyptians not say aliens help them with them. I mean you can say a Alien did anything. Also what proof or evidence is there about Aliens in Egypt?

Exactly. People will refuse to believe that Egyptians built the Pyramids though there is plenty of evidence of that, they instead believe that aliens came to Egypt, created a big stone triangle and left. How do you think the other pyramids were built? Like the Bent Pyramid, and all the other failed attempts at Pyramids? Think Aliens built them and just messed up?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:10 am 
Prince/Princess

Yes PharoahKel that makes prefect sense! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:32 pm 
Pharaoh

And why on earth would aliens just build a huge lump of stone then disappear again. Why did the Egyptians, who kept meticulous written records not mention a thing about aliens at all? Did aliens build all the New Kingdom Temples as well? What purpose did the pyramid serve to the aliens? Please enlighten me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:36 am 
Prince/Princess

i want to explain that but there is only so much you can write down, perhaps we could go through them one by one,
first of all why would the aliens just plop a couple of stones on a rock, millions of light years away from anything, well i dont think they did, i think that perhaps these "ALIENS" helped develop the technology needed to build the pyramids.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:19 am 
Prince/Princess

Well it just comes down to common sense: pyramid is the simplest, sturdiest structure to make. Even while playing with building blocks, I figured that out when I was little. That's why pyramids are common to many ancient cultures. Also, that's why the Egyptians were always experimenting and developping the design (step pyramid and onward) until we had the Great Pyramid that we all know and love.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:48 pm 
Pharaoh

Very good point, Taddy!

BenBen stone
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:19 pm 
Pharaoh

Look at what we are still discovering......
http://www.cnn.com/2000/TECH/space/09/0 ... index.html
also this is very interesting in theory..
http://www.ipstarships.com/Research6.htm
Just a twist for you guy's, so don't get bent. I've known about the benben stone for a long time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:01 pm 
Servant

I vote yes. I knew most pyramids had tombs. Now anymore. It was easy steals all stuff. For reason why building the pyramids. I think that want touch to heaven. I am not sure for reason...

My moles's map same three pyramids. I am werid LOL... :lol:

Pyramid's
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:09 am 
Pharaoh

ZericsKirog wrote:
I vote yes. I knew most pyramids had tombs. Now anymore. It was easy steals all stuff. For reason why building the pyramids. I think that want touch to heaven. I am not sure for reason...

My moles's map same three pyramids. I am werid LOL... :lol:

Did you not read about the benben stone in my previous post? It is said that the concept of design originated from it. And yes the pyramid's are in alignment to the star's in the heaven's; reportably upon the Northern Star's so that the Pharoah's can return to them. It is not new's that the Great pyramid's are aligned w/the constellation of Orion's Belt in the Heaven's.

Re: Pyramid's
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:24 pm 
Servant

OHHH.. Sorry... here pics it was? http://www.delange.org/Egyptian_Museum/Mvc-022s.jpg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next