All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Are the pyramids tombs?
Total votes : 0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:17 am 
Prince/Princess

im looking for info on a religion i read about in the 'stargate conspiracy' that had a quite interesting view on the begining of the universe and i dont really know how to word their views without getting in troble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:28 pm 
Pharaoh

Oh please, come on. In england we have a famous case of a man born deformed. He was called "the elephant man" by Victorian society and exhibited. When he died his bones were kept and displayed in the Hospital of London. Those bones were mishapen and deformed, was he an alien? Perhaps he was the last of some "super race" that we have no evidence for? If the pyramids are not tombs then, forgive my orthodoxy, what are they? I've heard many wild theories, including that they were granaries from the seven years famine in the bible. Please tell me some more, i find them highly amusing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:34 pm 
Pharaoh

Ive heard the Granary theory too, which is just absurd. Its a different time period anyways and do you think that millions of bags of grain were kept in the Pyramids and there is not a trace of grain left in them?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:42 pm 
Pharaoh

PharoahKel wrote:
Ive heard the Granary theory too, which is just absurd. Its a different time period anyways and do you think that millions of bags of grain were kept in the Pyramids and there is not a trace of grain left in them?

LOL PharoahKel, with the mice of some plus 4000 years eating it ... no grain of course :) LOL
But actually a look at the interior of the Pyramids show us that while the base of it may be huge... the actual storage ability would be limited to a few chambers far more suited to the dead king than storing grain for micies to eat :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:08 am 
Pharaoh

Exactly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:46 am 
Prince/Princess

well i dont think that the elephant man shows any proof that it was an alien, the grainary theory? DONT MAKE ME LAUGH, dont you think that i am not smart enough to realise that tonnes of grain would not fit into the pyramids? that is actualy one fact that displays the pyramids would not have been used as tombs, if i were a grand pharoh i wouldnt want such a cramped space to spent the rest of forever. before you take me for a domplete idiot, listen to this, i only want to find out the truth, and i cannot accept the so called "truth" because i see no logic in it, i only go into this stage of unorthadoxy because i can see sense and logic in it, dont ask me to give you a whole lot of stupid ideas, whilst they are valid, i also like you try to keep my feet on the ground. and also remember thet i am only 14, all of this is learning to me,

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:43 am 
Pharaoh

The pyramids were alot less cramped then the valley of the kings tombs!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:14 am 
Prince/Princess

i know that and that is my point , why have a cramped tomb in a pyramid to spent the rest of erernity that you cant even fit a decent sized statue in than a nice roomy tomb with loads of pretty pictures on the walls and more gold and food that you can poke a stick at. i know what i would choose, and i suppose that the valley of the kings would be better security wise than a pyramid, which as you will know sticks out like a sore thumb on a foot.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:31 am 
Pharaoh

Security was the main reason that the pyramids were abandoned as tombs--after some very obvious tries that were robbed, Pharaohs looked for a more secure place to built their tombs. The VOK was a good choice, actually--close to the main city, easy to guard, relatively easy to dig, and could be hidden. Although the Great Pyramid is not decorated interiorly, a few years later, the interior of pyramids were covered with hieroglyphs. Also, any treasure and other comforts the Pharoah might need in the afterlife was stored in auxillary temples and small pyramids. The actual burial chamber was really not that small--about the size of an average living room.
It's very easy to see the progression of burial tombs. Starting with the pre-dynastic pit-burial, to the mastaba, the step-pyramid, then the true pyramid. They are quite obviously tombs, and the thing that most people overlook is the fact that there are many pyramids in Egypt--in all cases tombs, and nothing else.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:09 am 
Prince/Princess

my main conceren though is the GP, there is no paint in it save the bit that howard vyse discovered. and they seem to attrack sceptisim

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:56 am 
Pharaoh

If you want to isolate the Great Pyramid, Tash, it's true--there are no paintings done on the interior walls at all. In the relieving chamber, above the king's burial chamber, is some painted hieroglyphs that, basically, say "This side up", along with the Pharoah's name. It's in an area that it would be impossible to fake--part of it is under some adjoining blocks. But this should not be considered as a big exception--until Unas, there was no paintings done in any pramid--in fact, that of Unas is not painting, but carving. I can't think of any pyramid that has painting. Sekhmet?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:48 am 
Pharaoh

Have any of you been inside the great Pyramid? I have and i can tell you that it is not cramped inside. Some of the chamners are quite immense, especially the Great Gallery. Do you think that a large ceiling would hold the weight of thousands of tonnes of solid rock? The pyramid may not be huge inside but it is stacked full of religous significance. Vents and chambers, the orientation of the pyramids and the shape of the pyramid itself. The lack of paint in one pyramid is hardly a good reason for disbelieving that it was a tomb, it is just good for believing that it was not painted inside. Lets turn the tables on this one then. If the Pyramids are not tombs what are they?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:44 pm 
Prince/Princess

An educated guess too.Why do people say Aliens built them that makes no since at all. :?:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:50 pm 
Prince/Princess

i agree, but i still remain undecided on whether the Pyramids were built by aliens, and i think ur question is a great one, what were the pyramids used for, it must have been something absolutely Fantastic! as for the aliens building the pyramids i think that they could quite possibly had a hand in the development of neccesary technology, before the egyptians thought to applie it to the pyramids

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:28 am 
Prince/Princess

:? If the aliens had a hand in building the pyramids then why do the Egyptians not say aliens help them with them. I mean you can say a Alien did anything. Also what proof or evidence is there about Aliens in Egypt?

Last edited by Ankhesenamun3 on Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next