All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

Are the pyramids tombs?
Total votes : 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:56 am 
Prince/Princess

also may i add that the men that re created the mini pyramid used water to reduce friction, i can just imagine how much water would be needed for the pyramid of giza!

and has anybody actualy tried cutting granite or limestone with water? it would be like cutting and shapeing aluminium with butter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:02 am 
Prince/Princess

If the pyramids are not tombs, I mean really what could they be.They have chambers that were built which are believed to have been made for the phaorohs Ka to escape.There was a good show on last night about the Great Pyramids and it was pretty interesting. Now I want to go see them REALLY bad. :( This summer we are going across the USA. I think we should leave the USA and visit Egypt. But my parents say it is too dangerous in Egypt. :cry: Maybe next year!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:05 am 
Prince/Princess

I know to cut throw a slab of limestone it takes a real tool and alot of man power.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:15 am 
Prince/Princess

Chris dunn wrote a book called the Pyramid power plant, and is mentioned in another book called the secret history of ancient egypt, he proposes a ineresting theory, that the pyramid is a giant electricity genetator it is pretty fulll proof that he even explains that chemicals such as hydrated zinc chloride and hydrochloric acid created hydrogen that carried the electric energy.

and another thing, there are so called 'weight releiving chambers' over the kings chamber why are there none over the queens chamber when the queens chamber has more weight above it?

NB and why would the king have a REALY big pyramid when he could spend the same time and effort on a doubly more magestic and larger tomb?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:45 am 
Prince/Princess

Well the pyramids are more eye catching then for example the Valley of Kings , a more royal burial. But that is not always good because then the chances of getting robbed are greatly increased. For the thought of pyramids being giant enery sources there is no way of real way of disproving it but like Atlantis and Aliens taking people from Earth it just to me sounds strange. Why would we not find Lightbulbs in the tombs in the valley of the king or of cultures of that age using pyramids coping the Egyptians energy source way. We may never really know what the pyramids were used for. I mean there is no sure answer.The chance of them being energy sources maybe just as likely as them being tombs.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:23 pm 
Prince/Princess

Tash wrote:
also may i add that the men that re created the mini pyramid used water to reduce friction, i can just imagine how much water would be needed for the pyramid of giza!

and has anybody actualy tried cutting granite or limestone with water? it would be like cutting and shapeing aluminium with butter

Not to mention the fact that there wouldn't be too much water kicking around in the Sahara anyways...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:43 pm 
Pharaoh

Tash wrote:

Hi again Tash, actually it isn't as hard as you think it is to cut either granite or limestone. i took some time and found you some really nice sites that explain how it is possible to do so. Oh, yes please take a minute to read the very last paragraph. i hope you enjoy them.
Please, i ask you to remember these people didn't have TV, radio, CD's to divert their attention from work. All, most of these workmen had were their families, and work. Even literature was minimal during most of this time. Even if they all could read. When it got dark, they lit fires and got ready for bed. In other words, they didn't have experts telling them that things couldn't be done. Mankind as a wonderful ability to dream dreams and make them come true. The ancients are the best examples, i know of this ability of mankind.

NOVA'S Cutting granite with sand

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/lostempire ... tting.html

Chert used to cut limestone in the Americas
The results of these experiments have showed that chert was a very effective and durable stone to use for the cutting of limestone
and other materials. ...
http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/archaeology ... nakbe.html

Ancient Egyptian Quarrying http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/prehistory/ ... rying.html
By: Greg Dawson
Rock quarrying today is nothing like what they used to do in the days the ancient Egyptians used to get rock for their buildings and sculptures. Where as today we use large machines that crush and cut rock they used to have to do it by hand. Limestone blocks for the outer casing of buildings were quarried on the east bank of the Nile at Tura in the Muqattam hills. Some of the men employed here painted their names on the giant stones that they cut.

Limestone was quarried one of two ways it was either obtained from the surface rock, or else they tunneled and found the rock they needed. It is known that they possessed excellent copper tools such as saws and chisels which were capable of cutting any kind of limestone. Chisels and wedges were the tools of choice, the chisels were used for cutting the rock away from the sides, and the wedges were then used to detach the base for the block. In tunnel quarrying a shaft was cut between the roof and the rock to be man to get behind the rock by chipping at it vertically. On two sides two other men made splits down the two sides so that they could remove it from where it was. Wedges were then inserted into the holes that were made and driven down in to achieve a split in the rock, wet wooden wedges were also used in this procedure because they would swell up when the got wet and would crack the rock that way. This put them in a very tight spot to work.

In surface quarrying the same exact method was used except that they had more of an advantage because
it gave them more room to move around, but the rock that they got from open mine quarrying was not as fine a grade of limestone as the kind that they could find buried in the earth.

Quarrying of the harder stones such as granite was a more labor intensive task, they had to use a hard
greenish stone called dolerite, and pounded around the base of the stone to try to detach it from its base.
In order to get to the higher quality rock they would light fires on the granite to get it to a certain
temperature. Cold water would then be thrown on it to cool it fast this would cause the outer layers to
crack and fall off leaving the harder rock from the inside for them to use.

But how did they move the huge rocks? They most likely used manpower to pull the rock up onto large
barges that would take it close to where it needed to go then it would be pulled inch by inch onto a large
sled like contraption that would be pulled. Large amounts of water were poured on the ground in front
of the sled in order to ensure that there was less friction.

Tomb Digging and Cutting Techniques http://www.thebanmappingproject.com/art ... _4.5a.html

The construction of royal tombs was a relatively easier task in the New
Kingdom than in previous eras when huge pyramids were being
constructed. The chambers and corridors of New Kingdom rock-cut
tombs were carved into limestone hills and cliffs. Work space and light
sources were limited and working conditions were hot, humid, and
dusty, but the quarrying of soft limestone was a fairly simple process.
The location of the tomb was important, and finding an appropriate
site was a task entrusted only to high officials of the court. Once an
acceptable site had been decided upon, work crews began to cut into
the rock, first creating an irregular working passage, then refining it
into corridors and chambers. Because many tombs were never fully
completed, we have examples of construction and decoration at
several different stages of the process [16258, 16286, 14440].

An essential part of tomb cutting was the use of an axial line painted
on the ceiling, creating a base line from which other measurements
were made [16269, 16144]. This ensured that walls were parallel or at
right angles to each other, doorways were properly aligned, and the
tomb's axis was straight. Measurements were in cubits (52.3 cm/20.9
inches), subdivided into palms (seven per cubit, each 7.5 cm/3 inches
long) and digits (four per palm, each 1.9 cm/0.76 inches long).

The initial rough cutting was likely done with percussive and cutting
tools made of stone, most likely flint or chert, which can be found in
abundance in the limestone deposits. Both stones are extremely hard
and had been used for hundreds of thousands of years before the New
Kingdom in Egypt. Final finishing of a wall was done with copper and
bronze tools. Careful studies have been made of the chisel marks left
on the walls of tombs in order to determine the sizes and shapes of
the implements.

A wealth of written material in the form of hieratic dockets, graffiti,
inventories, workforce lists, and reports have been found in the Valley
of the Kings and Dayr al Madinah, the village of the workmen who were
responsible for the construction and decoration of the royal tombs. We
know that the workforce was divided into two crews each with its own
overseer, the "Gang of the Left" and the "Gang of the Right," referring
to the side of the tomb to which they were assigned. In addition to the
quarrymen who did the basic hewing of the tomb, other workmen
performed such tasks as smoothing the walls and ceilings and applying
the gypsum plaster that covered the walls and ceilings [13313, 14901].
Published or last modified on: August 23, 2002
© 1997-2004 Theban Mapping Project.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:20 am 
Prince/Princess

now it is my turn,
yet again i must point out to you about the use of water, the NOVA site and a few others you gave me mention the use of water, water at their disposal would be little, even during the annual flood,

then did you know that the arcitecture of the maya and the ancient egyptians was totaly different, the only similarities is the pyramids, did the ancient egyptians even have chert?

you may like to look at these links;

http://www.sunship.com/egypt/articles/cdunn2.html

http://www.atlantisrising.com/issue8/ar8egypt.html

http://www.atlantisrising.com/issue12/a ... astle.html

i suppose you will take note that all of these were written by chris dunn, yes yes i know, but he has the best case against the methods proposed for the building of the pyramids that and their cutting techniques

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:36 am 
Prince/Princess

and if you were looking for sum info on the age of the pyramid here is sum
http://www.atlantisrising.com/issue8/ar8pyramids.html

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:31 am 
Pharaoh

Sekhmet wrote:
In other words, they didn't have experts telling them that things couldn't be done. Mankind as a wonderful ability to dream dreams and make them come true. The ancients are the best examples, i know of this ability of mankind.

Well said! And a good point!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:52 pm 
Prince/Princess

Nobody is saying that things could not be done, we (unorthodox thinkers) are just stateing that there are different and better ways of doing things,

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:47 pm 
Prince/Princess

that was within the capabilites of the Ancient Egyptians

and also may i add the the GP resonates in allignment with the earths frequency. an 'a' flat or something

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:00 am 
Prince/Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Sekhmet In other words, they didn't have experts telling them that things couldn't be done. Mankind as a wonderful ability to dream dreams and make them come true. The ancients are the best examples, i know of this ability of mankind.

what exactly are you saying here? i am saying that the ancient egyptians did dream, they dreampt up far more advanced ways than we are just comprehending, i am not saying that they cannot do things, nor is any other unorthodox thinker we are saying that the Ancient egyptians are smarter than thought by orthodox Thinkers, its those who dont beleive point that the Ancient egyptians had no advanced machineing techinques that are offending their memory, all i want to find out is the truth, and in a technological viewpoint the unorthodox people seem alot more correct, if you can give me REALY GOOD EVIDENCE then i will change my mind

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:53 pm 
Prince/Princess

Any rebuttle? this is just getting interesting for me!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:54 am 
Pharaoh

Tash, thats what he/she (not sure!) was saying too. We have all these people nowadays showing us what we can and cant do, making us think that we not not capable of doing certain things. The Egyptians on the other hand didnt have this, and they accomplished so much.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next