All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 3:22 am 
How do you know it was Aye that killed Tut? It could of been his chief, too.
What about Nefertiti? She dissappeared around the 18th dynasty and during Atens reign. :? :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:59 am 
Prince/Princess

Ok I think it's clear I don't have first hand knowledge of who killed Tut. I'm just specifying what I believe the majority believes, in light of the evidence. I'm just as suspicious of Horemheb. Who else, apart from Ay, would have had the necessary power to arrange the death of the Hittite prince on the Egyptian border.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 8:22 pm 
Prince/Princess

I never really thought that Nefertiti was the same person as Smenkhkare, either. reading over my previous post I see that it did sound like I did. Sorry :-)

I have "The Egyptian" but have never read it (Actually, I did read the first chapter, but that's about it).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:35 am 
Prince/Princess

You have a copy of 'the Egyptian'?
You could probably get a fair bit of money for that on the net it's incredibly hard to get hold of. I was advised my best bet was through a library as it's not in print anymore but a copy could not be found. I saw the film but I know they changed quite a few things. Not least of which is the fact that there were 3 kings between Akhenaten and Horemheb.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:39 am 
Prince/Princess

Really? You've gotta be kidding!!! I got one at a bookfair for a quarter and another from a friend and I gave it to my Aunt! Cool!

-Akhenaten-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:41 am 
Prince/Princess

:( :( :(
Not fair i'm dying for a copy of that book :D :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:43 am 
Prince/Princess

Remember we were chatting about Tut's parentage and I refused to believe in the theory that Amenhotep III was his father. I base that on the fact that I have never been a fan of a long co-regency between Akhenaten and his father but after reading 'Temples, Tombs and Hieroglyphs' by Barbara Mertz, excellent book, i'm starting to wavour. If it was the case the case though. He would have been born, as Amenhotep's son, after his wife Ankhesuamun who would then have been his niece.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:49 am 
Prince/Princess

Really? I checked out that book from the Libary (The one by Barbara Mertz) but I still have to read it yet.

-Akhenaten-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:50 am 
Prince/Princess

Am right in the middle of it. She's great. She has this funny, sarcastic style which has me laughing sometimes. :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:51 am 
Prince/Princess

Have just order 'the Lost Testament' by David Rohl. The guy who has postulated the revised chronology. I watched his documenary last year. Brilliant and interesting theory. He's been getting a lot of stick for it though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:52 am 
Prince/Princess

Yeah. She writes fiction novels under the name Elizabeth Peters and she writes about this family from the early 1900's. They're so good! I'm reading one right now.

-Akhenaten-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:53 am 
Prince/Princess

Have you read any of the novels by 'Christian Jacques'?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:53 am 
Prince/Princess

No, haven't seen any by that Author.

-Akhenaten-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:57 am 
Prince/Princess

He wrote a series of fictional books based around RAmses II. I think they are called, 'Ramses, the Son of the Light, The Temple of a Million Years, The BAttle of Kadesh, The LAdy of Abu Simbel and Under the Western Acacia. Very good books. The only thing spoiling them is that he has used artistic license a lot with various characters totally made up out of his head as family members.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:00 am 
Prince/Princess

Oh...
I know that there is another Author and the book is called something like, the seventh scroll, or something, but It's about Egypt. I saw it in a bookstore but never got to read it.

Robin Cook wrote a book about Egypt, it's called 'The Sphinx.' It's really good.

And there's another author who writes about Egypt, but I can't remember his name for anything! I can't even remember the titles of the books!

-Akhenaten-

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next