All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:51 pm 
Pharaoh

The flower analogy doesnt work with reincarnation because when a flower blooms again, its stays a flower, it doesnt become a tree.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:20 pm 
Egyptian Architect

Well, it kinda works...

Like, when it grows again, it's not the EXACT same flower, i mean, of course it's still the same genus/phila/species... (scourages for another term from bio that i took a long time ago freshman year...lol!), but it's not the same one that died, it's the same flower but came back in a different way? I dunno, maybe it faces the left instead of the right this time? Or it's larger/smaller, less vibrant in color?

The point i think bel is trying to make is that, with reincarnation, you come back (like the flower does) and you are "different" (different shade of the color...etc), but you're still the flower, which represents you, the same soul, just came back in a different form.

Does this make sense to anyone? I also have a theory on the muliple reincarnations of famous pple if anyone wants to hear it. It might explain why there are always 20 different "King Tut's" out there! :D

explanation
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:10 pm 
Pharaoh

I'm interested in your explanation of multiple reincarnations of famous people!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:06 pm 
Egyptian Architect

ok...it was just a random thought but...

You know that physics theory where time and events in the 3D occur linear? But when you look at the events from the 4D and beyond there's no "linear time". Also life in the 3D is suppose to be like a "game" or "experiment"?

Well, I was thinking something along the lines of this. What if reincarnation was like a video game?

For example, You buy this playstation game, N64, xbox, or whatever, where you play King George Bush of Texania (don't ask, it was on ancientworlds. lol! :D ) You finally finish the game, and you get bored with it, so you leave it in a drawer or something. Then your little brother comes along, finds it, and starts playing it. When he gets bored with it, he lends it to his friends. Pretty soon, half of your neighborhood's had a turn being King George Bush of Texania (lol!!! Mwah!! :P ).

Does that make sense?

Living from desire
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:54 am 
Pharaoh

Your concept is interesting although I hope we do not get bored w/past life issue's because until they are resolved we will continue to face them. Life would really be helter skelter if we let just anybody have a shot at our existence of being.
The whole life of a holy heart " is a holy longing." Sadly, many of us have been led to feel that somehow we ought to want less, not more. We have this sense that we should atone for our longings, apologize that we feel such deep desire. Shouldn't we be more content? Perhaps, but contentment is never wanting less; that's the easy way out.
Anybody can look holy if she's killed her heart; the real test is to have your heart burning w/in you and have the patience to enjoy what there is now to enjoy, while waiting with eager anticipation for the feast to come. Contentment can only happen as we increase desire, let it run itself out toward its fullfilment, and carry us along with it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:03 pm 
Egyptian Architect

Oh, sorry, let me clarify the whole metaphor.

I didn't mean that we actually get bored with our past lives. I was just trying to explain it in more general terms that most people might understand.

I meant that when we finish experiencing our past lives (die in that life), someone else (another soul) might choose to experince the same thing for one reason or another.

past lives
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:07 pm 
Pharaoh

There is no such thing as death of the soul. In order for one to finish experiencing a past life, one would need to know all there is to know. Few can accomplish this with one lifetime, i.e. Jesus..even he live's again.
As for another soul choosing to experience the same thing.. I would sum this up by saying: Lesson's learned are like bridge's burned; we need only cross them but once.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:27 am 
Egyptian Architect

No!! Thats not what I mean!

Sorry if I was again unclear, but I didn't mean that the soul itself dies, I mean it experiences the physical death of the body in that life, then afterword in it's original form (the free "soul" or "spirit") it can chose to experience another life.

Re: past lives
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:50 pm 
Pharaoh

bel wrote:
There is no such thing as death of the soul. In order for one to finish experiencing a past life, one would need to know all there is to know. Few can accomplish this with one lifetime, i.e. Jesus..even he live's again.
As for another soul choosing to experience the same thing.. I would sum this up by saying: Lesson's learned are like bridge's burned; we need only cross them but once.

Explain to me how one knows all there is to know? So that means that you know everything because you have "reincarnated"?

Knowledge
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:08 pm 
Pharaoh

Knowledge is truth
therefore if I knew everything
than I would be A/THE God
whichever you so happen
to believe in.
Ask yourself
how would someone
know everything?
Sort of silly question
don't you think?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:11 pm 
Pharaoh

Bel, speak directly and try to actually answer my question. You wrote a few lines above that one must know everything to reincarnate, you say you have reincarnated, therefore you must know everything, true?

re-incarnate
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:06 pm 
Pharaoh

PharoahKel wrote:
Bel, speak directly and try to actually answer my question. You wrote a few lines above that one must know everything to reincarnate, you say you have reincarnated, therefore you must know everything, true?

I would never say that in order for one to re-incarnate one would have to know everything. That is absurd. Reincarnation is something that I have personally experienced... it is much more than a just a belief to me... it is part of my reality. You can choose to believe whatever you want to. It does not matter to me.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 7:27 am 
Pharaoh

"In order for one to finish experiencing a past life, one would need to know all there is to know."
Then tell me what this means...

purpose of everything there is to know
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 12:27 pm 
Pharaoh

Question: What is the purpose of reincarnation?
Let us take a new incarnation as tomorrow's reality. Today we exist; we know today is a reality to us. But when tomorrow dawns we see that there is a new life. Reincarnation means new life. Life for me is today, but when tomorrow dawns the consciousness that I enter into tomorrow will be a new life. Now, why do we need tomorrow? We need tomorrow because we have not accomplished everything that we wanted to accomplish today. Let us take each incarnation as another today. We come into the world for satisfaction. While we follow the path of desire we find that we are never satisfied. Each time we fulfil one desire, more desires take its place. There is no end to our desires. So we come back to earth again and again to fulfil our endless desires. But when we enter into the path of aspiration we do get satisfaction. If we get a lot of Peace, Light and Bliss we are satisfied to some extent. But still we feel the need, the inner urge, for more Light, infinite Light, so we come back until we realise the Highest. Then, after realisation, God wants us to reveal and manifest the Highest. In this way we fulfil God and God fulfils Himself in and through us.
What kind of powers do we get from meditation?
When we have human power, earthly power, we try to lord it over others; we want to show our supremacy. But when we acquire power from our meditation we try to offer it to the world at large; we use it to fight the world's ignorance. And if we still have ignorance in ourselves, we use the power that we get from meditation to illuminanate our own imperfections and to perfect our own individual consciousness.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 5:57 pm 
Pharaoh

Bel, since you believe in God, do you read the bible? It says that reincarnation does not exist. Life after death occurs in Heaven and Hell, you don't return to earth.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next