Prince/Princess

Well, in the ancient Mittanian dialect, "Kiya" means "bag filled with beans."

That's not true, of course. It's just my lame way of staying on topic. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:56 am 
Prince/Princess

XDDD Oh well, is this really on topic?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:21 pm 
Pharaoh

:shock: Um....Thanks for the brave attempt to stay on topic, Kmt buddy!!! :lol: :lol: :wink: 8)

You know, I read that Kiya had another child, besides Smenkhare and Tut. It is said that she was depicted with a daughter. :shock: Though, I'm not really sure...anyone care to clear this up for the Tutness?

:roll: Great, I'm speaking in 3rd person, now. :cry: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:23 pm 
Prince/Princess

the_tutness_is_here wrote:
You know, I read that Kiya had another child, besides Smenkhare and Tut. It is said that she was depicted with a daughter. :shock:

Kiya was shown with a daughter in the Maru Aten temple in Amarna.

This is the temple that was later recut so that the images of Kiya were reassigned to Meritaten (and possibly Ankhesenpaaten).
In the changed inscriptions the little girl was named either Meritaten-tasherit or Ankhesenpaaten-tasherit. (Different names in different places.)

Some of the blocks of this temple have been found at a site called Hermopolis.

I think some people have started referring to the girl as Kiya-tasherit. ("Kiya-junior") :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:58 am 
Pharaoh

As Merytre-Hapshepsut says, there is only documentation of one child for Kiya, a daughter.
I wouldn't take that as absolute proof, although it leans in that direction, that she had only the one child, though that is quite likely. If my memory is correct, thoughout Dynastic history, the royal sons are seldom mentioned. The main exception to this rule seems to have been Rameses II, who mentions several of his sons--by name--and his daughters, too in many inscriptions. In fact, he had a large tomb built--KV5, now being excavated by Kent Weeks--for many of his sons.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:49 am 
Prince/Princess

Originally posted by Lostris

Quote:

I didn't forgot Smenkhare - I'm one of the people who thinks he had a joint rule with Akhenaten in the rebel pharaoh's last two years. But that's possible, too, if not but I simply hate that theory that Smenkhare was Nefertiti. And I read Tadukhipa first married with king Amenhotep III - she brought the god Ishtar to heal him, but just some weeks or probably months after, he died. But that's true what you said about bearing children young.

It was Guilikhipa(wrong spelling) who married amenhotep III we think not Tudakhipa. Can anyone clarify this please?:-0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:59 am 
Prince/Princess

I always thought there was some question about who Tadukhipa was sent to marry?

Gilikhepa was sent to Amenhotep III very early in his reign (year 10).
Her niece Tadukhipa was sent when Tushratta (G's brother, T's father) came to the throne.
Some think this was towards the end of the reign of Amenhotep III.

I personally believe in a coregency between Amenhotep III and AKhenaten, and I think there was a fairly long one.
I think that when Tadukhipa was sent to Egypt there were effectively two rulers because father and sone were joint rulers.
And I personally think Tadukhpa may have first moved to Amenhotep's harem and later changed to Akhenaten's harem.

I should just add that the reason I think Amenhotep III and Akhenaten ruled together come down to this:
* Tiye's mummy (if it's her) is much to young if there was no coregency. She lived into Akhenaten's reign. possibly all the way to year 14. No coregency would mean that she was Queen for 40 years, Queen mother for 14 years and she did not marry Amenhotep as a baby. So she should have been at the very least in her early 60's. The mummy is a woman at least 10 years younger than that. If you assume a coregency of 10-12 years, the age of Tiye at death makes way more sense.
* There are some scenes in (I believe) Huya's tomb which may show Amenhotep visiting his son in Amarna.
* The Nubians revlted in year 12 of Akhenaten. Nubians usually revolted when a new ruler came to the throne.

I should add that the experts are divided about a coregency and the length (if it occurred).
But it seems to me that you should take the possiblity into account when coming up with timelines and scenarios:D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:10 am 
Prince/Princess

Kiya wrote:
It was Guilikhipa(wrong spelling) who married amenhotep III we think not Tudakhipa. Can anyone clarify this please?:-0

Not only Gilukhipa, Tadukhipa was sent to Amenhotep III, too, as I know.
An article says it, too form http://www.grohol.com/psypsych/Tadukhipa

Tadukhipa, daughter of Tusratta, King of Mitanni (reigned ca. 1382 BC - 1342 BC) and his Queen Juni.

Relatively little is known about this Princess of Mitanni. She is believed to have been born during the year 21 of the reign of Amenhotep III (ca. 1366 BC). Fifteen years later, Tusratta married his daughter to his ally Amenhotep III; the latter had just entered year 36 of his reign (1351 BC). Amenhotep III died two years later (1349 BC), after forty-five years of life, and thirty-eight years on the throne. His harem was inherited by his thirteen-year-old son and heir Amenhotep IV (Akhenaten). The rest of her story is unknown.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:30 am 
Prince/Princess

Would love to see a whole round of serious DNA testing on all the egyptian mummies. Would clear up an awful lot:-) I for one would love to know who Tut's parents were instead of speculating. Of course it was me but I can't proove it:-) ha ha!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:45 am 
Prince/Princess

lOriginally posted by kmt_sesh

Quote:
Well, in the ancient Mittanian dialect, "Kiya" means "bag filled with beans."

I think Kiya means 'the jovial one' althoug if anyone has read the testement by David Rohl will see that there are other possibilities for the meaning of Kiya's name.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:28 am 
Prince/Princess

LOL kmt-sesh was just joking.

I had heard the same as you about Kiya meaning something like "jovial one". I had actually read it meant "little monkey"????
But indicating a nickname for a lively playful person. It does evoke this image of a playful sexy woman who may have captured the heart of the King.

I actually don't know what David Rohl wrote about her name. Can you elaborate?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:08 am 
Scribe

A friend from another community told me that Kiya means "lioness"...

Kiya-ra :wink: :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:36 am 
Prince/Princess

Any other ideas for what my name means? Wish I knew:-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:24 am 
Pharaoh

I read an interesting theory in one of Muname's books--that Kiya didn't change her name at all. Tadukhipa was just too difficult for the Egyptians to pronounce, so they called her Kiya. It seems af if it were the closest in sound to part of her name.
It was also an Egyptian phrase, meaning "jovial one". Little monkey is a pun on that. Egyptians were very found of puns--you can find examples in many of their writings.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:17 am 
Prince/Princess

Good point;-)