All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Help With Facts About King Tut
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:52 pm 
Tomb Robber

Hey im doing a research project and i was wondering if any of you could give me some interesting facts about king tut. any facts would be great.

- THANKS FOR YOUR HELP -

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:35 pm 
Pharaoh

Ooh, I love bashing this guy!

Before I get into Tut himself, I need to explain a bit of a back-story.

Since the beginning, the Egyptians believed that there were many different gods that ruled over them. One day, a pharaoh by the name of Akhetaten threw this belief away, and made himself the one 'true' god. He was the god of the sun. He was Aten. People were forced to practice this new belief, as were priests.

One day, Akhetaten had a son, whom he had named Tutankhaten, which means "the living image of Aten". Well, Akhetaten died unnexpectedly when Tutankhaten was only nine years old.

The country, eager to go back to the old beliefs, quickly took force. Tut was surrounded by a royal council, who pretty much ran the show until he was old enough to well, not be a stupid kid. The priests, so spiteful of Akhetaten's monotheist religeon, changed Tut's name to Tutankhamun, which means "the living image of Amun" (Amun-Re, being the 'true' sun god).

Well, Tut ruled until he was in his late teens, and died of unknown reasons. I don't care what your teacher says, no one knows for sure, and if that teacher says "it happened this way", punch him in the throat, or her in the ovaries, whatever the case may be.

Anyhoo, back to Tut. His tomb was discovered by accident in November (2nd, I think), 1922 by Howard Carter in the famed King's Valley. The contents of the tomb seemed to be hurried into the tomb, because of his unexpected death. Also, a large amount of gold was found in the tomb, and people of today's culture believe that this means Tut was 'the best'; however, in ancient Egyptian culture, silver was actually revered as the more valuable substance.

In 1942, the tomb of Psusennes I was found, but was overshadowed by reports of World War II.

Oh, right. Back to Carter. When the team had found his tomb and mummy, they knew about jeweled amulets being wrapped within the linen wrappings as a sort of protection. So, the team cut open much of the bandages to get the treasure out. Funerary items were literally pried off with a crowbar, causing his leg to snap, and his corpse was set out in the sun to help items release. It's really very horrible.

Really, I don't mind Tutankhaten the pharaoh. I just hate the idiots who think he had any signifigance in Egyptian culture. The materialistic assholes of today say, "Look! Gold!! Let's all orgasm over a pile of bones and some gold! It's too bad we don't know anything beyond image!"

Bah, this always puts me in a happier, yet mad mood. Strange.

Screw you, people in general.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:53 am 
Pharaoh

*Claps hands* Wonderful, Unas. Tut in a nutshell, that was...interesting... :shock: And yet a little scary... :o

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:26 am 
Egyptian Architect

lol thats so funny unas thats a nice way of putting thee\ story!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:25 pm 
Pharaoh

Oh... ... thank you, I think. Now something that has been bothering me, and I'm much to apathetic to search the answer for... Carter found the tomb Nov. 2, 1922, right? I know it can be narrowed down to the month and year, but what was the date?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:59 pm 
Pharaoh

You might want to check out this site, Unas:
http://www.ashmol.ox.ac.uk/gri/4sea1not.html

According to Carter's own diary, the steps to the tomb were uncovered on Nov. 4th, 1922.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:27 pm 
Pharaoh

Bah, two days off. Thank you for the link, Osiris!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:30 pm 
Egyptian Architect

Wow that summary was interesting and hilarious. I love how in your posts you incorporate sardonic humor ! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:38 pm 
Tomb Robber

i have a cool fact although that story of tut was quite good :P but did you ever notice that all pharoahs are drawn perfectly. like skinny well but tut is always shown crippled with a walking stick and a pot belly :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:06 pm 
Servant

Ok Let me see...

-He ruled in the 18th Dynasty

-He died at a yound age :cry:

-Egyptologists knew what killed him now, Malaria.

-He fractured his leg, so he walked on walkinng sticks (bless him)

-He married Ankhsenamun (sorry if spelt wrong)

-He ruled between 1333-1324 BC

Need any more, just ask!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:05 pm 
Servant

His favourite wine was White( I think so)

-He ruled in the 18th dynasty

-He had 2 children, but they died.

- He was discovered by Howard Carter(But I dont think he did, becuase a young boy found a step, and that was part of Tutankhamun's tomb.)

Tut's Death
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:40 pm 
Servant

Tut died of an infection which developed from a compound facture to his knee and another fracture to his other knee. The compound fracture had an open wound with his pattela(knee cap) gone. The fracture could have been caused by a fall from his chariot or from battle which he was in. He did fight at 19 years old. They found this out when Dr. Hawass veiwed him on a CT scan. How he got injured is speculation. He could have fallen doing something else. They also foumd that he had the worst kind of Malaria you can get. This can kill over a short period or a long period of time. The combination of an infected wound plus the marlaria was a deadly mix. That's what more than likely killed him.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:40 pm 
Tomb Robber

very well said

Re:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:06 pm 
Tomb Robber

b ever found in the Valley of the Kings, but its walls were painted with fine scenes in full colour featuring the great pharaoh in various