All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:33 pm 
what can I girl say something interesting ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:15 pm 
Egyptian Architect

Ok, I'm not sure about opera formats but here is a rough outline for the begining.

Act 1 Scene 1
Egypt is at it's height. We open onto a royal procession.The audiance sees AmenhotepIII and Queen Tiye. Alot of royal people,foreign dignitaries,alot of pomp & glamor.

Act1 Scene 2
The coronation of AmenhotepIV. Big Nefertiti lines,Akenaton announces his believes publicly.

Act1 Scene 3
We see the commoners reactions. The city of Thebes is all in a flutter of gossip. The priests of Amun are extremly worried. One of them is kind of dumb,while another is pessimistic.
A court sculpter wonders how this will change his life.
And the army officers don't know what to think. The older ones,including Ay are meeting with Pharaoh. While young officers Ramses and Horemhab are musing in a local tavern.

That's all for now. Some of you might of ideas,so I don't want to bog you down.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:18 pm 
what scene can I play I like operas their so cool and music to my ears

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:55 am 
Prince/Princess

I hope you'll like these:

Act 1 scene 4
King Amenhotep and Aye are talking about Akhenaten. They're talking about what to do with the rebel pharaoh, but then, suddenly Akhenaten arrives. He is surprised and angry with his father.

Act 1 scene 5
There's a big ceremony in Malquata that night - a young princess, Tadukhipa arrives. Nefertiti feels jealous :)

Act 1 scene 6
The priests are making a private community for those who don't like the new religion. A young policeman, Mahu tries to find who is the head of the community.

That's all... Hope you liked it. Questions, problems? Write down here...

And, I think we should write together Akhenaten's, Ay's, Horemheb's, Tadukhipa's and the other's lyrics because they haven't got an owner. I mean everybody could post lyrics in their name. What do you think? Is it a fool idea? Write down your thoughts. :arrow:

Oh, and Si-amun, Maatkara: I think we should start it :D Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:57 am 
Prince/Princess

Oh, and Selket: I like your ideas! I think we thought about something like this. Thank you for posting it. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:56 pm 
Egyptian Architect

Thanks, yours are neat too.
Though I kind of hope for a bit of realism.We can't have too many sub-plots. And I like to explore a character and see their emotions. Catch them in private moments when they can just be themselves.

And I kind of reconded that the Egyptian Court would have the atmosphere of the Tudors' or LouisXVI. Alot of intrigue surronded them but everyone was afraid to say anything bad...at least to the King's face.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:20 pm 
oh I have an idea how about in scene 9 isis is really mad because tut is being selfish or something that :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:45 am 
Prince/Princess

I'm not sure we should include the gods. I only belive in God and Jesus and I am opposed to every kind of paganism. I never read books or watch films which is about Kemeticism because I'll soon get angry... They're just myth and I'm sure we should make the opera without gods.

Or did you think about Isis, Akhenaten's sister? (Because she had a lot of sisters, and one's name was Isis). If yes, I apologize about saying above.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:21 am 
Pharaoh

Congratulations to you all for your participation!! :D That's great!
I like the plot, though we surely will have to add something, but my question is : which language??? Do you wanna make it in ENGLISH?????....

I wish to add some news about Teye: she has a very strong character and always supported his son Amenhotep IV....it is quite sure that she's been ruling in the place of her husband,mostly during the last part of his life...she's been passing throught the whole revolution....I imagine her working behind the scenes, with/against the court, always to give strenght to the reign of her son...maybe she didn't like Nefertiti that much..

I will write something more when I'll have more ideas....

:roll:

Last edited by maatkara on Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:45 am 
Prince/Princess

Well, I think we should organize it in English. I know that you, Hatshepsut76 and Chiaraal are from Italy but I sadly don't speak that beautiful language. I only know 'ciao' and 'Carlo abita a Roma'. :) (This is the first sentence in my Italian language book :| :mrgreen: )

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:56 am 
Pharaoh

yep...rhetorical question! :roll: ...the fact is the most famous and beautiful operas are in italian, which I think is better to sing....surely some will disagree, but I have to support my Beautiful (and "rich" as Berlusconi said!!! :evil: ) Country! :D ...
so, modern English is ok, but pls! Not too modern! :wink:

ps.I wish I was able to say even just "Carlo abita a Roma" in Hungarn! :roll: !

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:31 am 
Prince/Princess

Yes, I agree. :D So don't use please 'yeah' 'cool' and 'wanna' etc. in our opera! Only 'normal' English. Oh, and I LOVE Italian music, and I agree that the most beautiful operas are from Italy. I always wanted to hear the 'Aida' from Verdi - it could be wonderfu! Anyway, my favourite is Andrea Bocelli. He has a beautiful, deep voice... :oops: And 'Carlo abita a Roma' is 'Carlo Rómából származik' in Hungarian!:D Well, I think it's out of topic now... sorry, everyone! :) :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:56 am 
Pharaoh

oh yes, it's out of topic but I can't resist, I have to try: "Sere Tórinóból szármázik".....
:oops: ehm...sorry, folks! :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:20 pm 
Egyptian Architect

Here are my general characterizations.

Amenhotep III - The role of the straight man. Righteous,generous,diplomatic.

Ankhenaton-A bit of a rebel,stubborn,peaceful. Loving to family and cruel towards the priests of Amun who he sees as a threat to his kingdom.

Ay-The old advisor. I kind of picture him as a Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars. Willing to manipulate people in order to have political gain. A great lier who supported both Aten and Amun.

Horemhab-The anti-hero. I'm guessing that he looks to be a great warrior who isn't afraid of anything. But that couldn't be farther from the truth. We will get to see the side of him Tut admired,and a part we can symthesised with.

Ramses-His best friend. This fun loving,hard drinking family man is a dedicated soldier. Owes Horemhab a beer debt of 110 deben that he will pay for with anything. Including murdering a Hittite prince.

Tutankamun-He's a child/teen through most of the play. If Horemhab represents complexity,Tut represents simplicity. He's rich spoiled and unashamed. Add the fact he is truly innocent and is not fully aware of the dangers of the world.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:17 pm 
Prince/Princess

... to be continued :D:

Ankhesenamen - A young but cute girl who always knows what she wants. She really don't like Aye, but one day she'll have to marry him. But she truly loves Tut all in her life (sorry, I'm too romantic today) :oops:

Nefertiti - Akhenaten's beautiful wife. She adores her children, but in the end of his rule, she hates Akhenaten. She has a plan to kill him (but in the beginning, she still loves him) But she's as dangerous as Aye.

Meritaten - Akhenaten's oldest daugther is really nice and kind, but too naive. She's in love with Akhenaten's younger brother, Smenkhare.

Smenkhare - Always in Akhenaten's shadow. The younger brother of the rebel pharaoh. I always imagined him as a shorter but thicker version of Akhenaten. Oh, and that guitarist look: long, black hair. :D

Sorry if there are historical or grammer (bah!) mistakes in it... :oops: :? :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next