All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:51 am 
Pharaoh

Can't you feel something crawling up the back of your neck. . . . . .

. . . . . to add to the horror?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:28 am 
Prince/Princess

AHHHHHH!

Man, now I have to go change my pants. :x

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:21 pm 
Scribe

MUAAHAHAHAHA!

I knew you would like that one kmt_sesh. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:13 pm 
Prince/Princess

Quote:
I knew you would like that one kmt_sesh.

Just for that, I am genetically going to engineer a hardy cold-weather species of the camel spider and release them by the billions into Canada. :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:09 pm 
Scribe

You wouldn't dare! You love me. :P

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:02 pm 
Prince/Princess

Well, you did give us Colin Mockry. We owe you for that. But what am I to do now with all of genetically enhanced camel spiders? :?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:33 pm 
Scribe

Yeah, Colin Mockry is pretty darn funny, eh?
Quote:
But what am I to do now with all of genetically enhanced camel spiders?

:lol: Well, you could keep them for pets and name them after all of the kings and queens of ancient Egypt, they could keep you warm at night. Actually, in all seriousness, I have done that with all of the cats living here (10) I have the whole Amarna family here. (They're only nick-names of course)

Or you could just kill them and eat them, you like fried camel spiders don't you?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:43 pm 
Prince/Princess

Cuddle with a spider? With thousands of spiders? That's a nightmare! EVen itty-bitty spiders are bad enough, but when they get to be the size of hub caps...forget it.

Quote:
Or you could just kill them and eat them, you like fried camel spiders don't you?

Eeerp...gurgle...ulp...I think I'm going to be ill. :o

So your cats all have names but you call them by the names of Egyptian kings and queens? Doesn't that confuse them? I've been thinking of getting a bird, like a parakeet, and can't for the life of me think of a name. Something Egypt-related, naturally, but not Horus. That's too much. Any good ideas for a name for a little bird? :?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:58 pm 
Scribe

Quote:
So your cats all have names but you call them by the names of Egyptian kings and queens? Doesn't that confuse them?

It doesn't confuse them, they don't know what the heck I'm saying when I call them their real names anyways, well maybe Simon (Amenhotep III) does, he's the oldest one. His best friend and daughter is Sandy (Sitamun) and her mom is Skittles (Tiye), brothers Gizmo (Akhenaten), Sphinx (Smenkare), and Meew (Tutankhamen). Then there is my very beautiful calico Littlefoot (Nefertiti). She doesn't get along with Tiye or Sitamun at all, it's funny.

But Sandy (Sitamun) just had four kittens so that kind of screws things up a bit.
Quote:
I've been thinking of getting a bird, like a parakeet, and can't for the life of me think of a name. Something Egypt-related, naturally, but not Horus. That's too much. Any good ideas for a name for a little bird?

That's a good idea, birds are so full of personnality and you can teach them how to whistle in different ways. Like the bird that lives with me (Theodore, a cockateel) he can do that whistle you do when you see a hot chic, you know the one? It's hilarious! And if you do the first part, he'll finish it. very smart.

Anyways, I've just about put you to sleep with all this talk about my animals I take care of, but it's time to wake up now!

Okay, let's see, a good name for a bird...a parakeet..they are so beautiful! If it's a girl: Polly!!!! just kidding, so cliche ,okay how about, Isis, Kiya, Nefertiti, Cleo (hehe), or for something that's not Egyptian related: Tweety, Sugar, Honey, Baby, Danielle (haha), Molly, Sunny, Lilly, Ivy, Angel, Princess..ugh those are cheesy.......Cheesy?..
For a boy: Ra, Osiris, Hapy, Johnny (haha, he could be little Johnny Jr.) George, Paul, Ringo (hehe I like that one), Blaze, Phoenix, Falco..What's the ancient Egyptian word for bird?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:39 am 
Prince/Princess

Quote:
Okay, let's see, a good name for a bird...a parakeet..they are so beautiful! If it's a girl: Polly!!!! just kidding, so cliche ,okay how about, Isis, Kiya, Nefertiti, Cleo (hehe), or for something that's not Egyptian related: Tweety, Sugar, Honey, Baby, Danielle (haha), Molly, Sunny, Lilly, Ivy, Angel, Princess..ugh those are cheesy.......Cheesy?..
For a boy: Ra, Osiris, Hapy, Johnny (haha, he could be little Johnny Jr.) George, Paul, Ringo (hehe I like that one), Blaze, Phoenix, Falco..What's the ancient Egyptian word for bird?

Hmm, some good ideas there. Can't really use Cleo because I once had a goldfish I named that (I was about 10, I think), but I do want to keep it Egyptian. Maybe Isis, or even Sekhmet...a tiny bird named after a fierce feline goddess! To tell you the truth I can't usually tell a boy from a girl parakeet, so what does it really matter, right? Definitely none of the Beetles names...I was never a Beetles fan. Hapy is a good idea, though. Or maybe Qebehsenuef (the falcon Son of Horus), "Qeby" for short.

Well, I think this Sphinx discussion has pretty much run it's course. I mean, it's been quite a while since we even talked about sphinxes, right? Cockroaches, camel spiders, snail trails, cats, parakeets, but no sphinxes anymore. So I'm going to move on from this thread and keep my eye on others. Maybe I'll check back from time to time, but for the time being let's see what else is happening on KTO. :wink: