All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Re: The historical Moses identified as Crown Prince Tuthmosi
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:11 am 
Servant

Dear all,

In my 2013 book Thera and the Exodus (T&E) I identified the biblical Moses as Crown Prince Tuthmosis, the firstborn son of Amenhotep III. I based this conclusion on an extremely unusual event during which Moses led a rebellion against A3, and sent ambassadors to the rulers of Jerusalem, summoning them to come to his aid. The EL Arish Shrine Text repeats this story, but here Moses is referred to as "the king's son", who sent ambassadors to "the Asiatics in their land".

I mentioned the so-called apocryphal text called The Story of Joseph and Asenath only in passing T&E, and it was only last year that I thoroughly read the entire text. I was astonished to find that it tells the same story as Manetho, but as experienced by the Israelites themselves. Here Moses is called the king's firstborn son, no less (i.e. CP Tuthmosis).

I have written an Addendum to Thera and the Exodus in which I summarize the above conclusions. You can find it on my website (Google Riaan Booysen) if you're interested (too much to post here). I'd love to hear what you think.