Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Book published by William Petrie in 1883
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Homework Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark_Meryetamun_28 wrote:
Well, I did write a story about Nefertiti, but it wasn't that good. And, I hate to say, even though I seem to know a lot about Egypt, I really don't. I've reasherched, but I never really read it. Then, it got erased when my motherboard crashed. So, I didn't research very much after that. I also convinced my friend to try Nefertiti. The only reason she wanted to was because of the Mummy. I'm beginning to hate those movies! She knows nothing of Nefertiti or Egypt. All she cares about is finding Hamunaptra, which doesn't exist, or finding a mummy. She's really not interested in the culture. If I waste my time trying to get her info, she'll never read it! Does anybody else know of a royal woman that has a really interesting mystery like Nefertiti that's not as widely kown?

How about Queen Tye. Or Queen Ahmose Nefertari.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:26 am    Post subject: Advertisement

Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too late. I already chose Nefertiti, and my outline, and my draft. Besides, my friend did Cleopatra anyway. Now she acts like she knows more about Egypt than the entire school. Which isn't much, and I know more than her. Rolling Eyes
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I searched for the book by M.W. Flinders Petrie on Amazon.com last night. That book, re-published in the '90s, costs upwards of 100 dollars. Some were 200, and they were from the 1980's. There weren't any of the first copy from the 1880s
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's even more than my mom's books! (She has to get expensive books for her job)
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to Picadilly last night and they don't have great Egyptian books so I spent 100 on web programming books - oopsy.

Shall try the British Museum at the weekend.

Mxx
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like one of my books shopping sprees! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Homework Questions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: