Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which is your favorite of KINGS?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hydarnes wrote:
Amenhotep III

Definitely. Ruled at the most glorious apex of Egypt.

Yup...until his dear son, Akhenaten came to power...and then it was allllll downhill from there. Laughing Just kidding...but you're right, Amenhotep III DID rule when Egypt's power was at it's climax! ^_^ And that's why he's "Amenhotep the Great" Cool
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Hydarnes
Servant

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe. Yup. Akhenaten ruined everything. My worst Pharaoh :p
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
the_tutness_is_here
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hydarnes wrote:
Hehe. Yup. Akhenaten ruined everything. My worst Pharaoh :p

Well, he wasn't a TOTAL loss...umm...yeah. Shocked But still, he's a very interesting pharaoh to me, as well as Tut. And they're father and son to boot! Laughing And this whole mystery of why Tut was "murdered", and if the assassins "Went after the father, would they go after the son?" issue, which was now disproven by CT scans and such. Confused I wonder...now that the public knows that Tut wasn't murdered...will he still be as famous as he was when everyone thought he was killed by Ay and/or Horemheb? ^_^ I still consider him my favorite pharaoh regardless... Very Happy
Selket
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Favorite Kings Reply with quote

For Egypt I have to go with Tutmosis III.All that action,and lots of cute soldier boys.

The worldview,have to say...that guy who overthrows the evil king Ahab and the whore Jezebel."And they knew it was Jehu,for he drove very fast"
Or something like that.Later he had to suck up to the Assyrian king Cyrus,but anything to protect your people is a good thing.

For the murder...I think Ay manipulated Horemhab.Soldiers' aren't usually keen on politics,they are often forced by the people to rule.Like George Washington.
peever316
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tutankhamun
ankhesenamun 3s
Servant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: do you really have to even ask Reply with quote

tutankhamun duh! i mean no one else could even be runner up. he was young and rich and young and rich and young. and young and you get the point i mean who whants some old guy right. tut is clearly the right choice world wide. *hoot holer* : o.k so its not about richness. i like tut because well um...hmm... why do i like tut. it must be the glod. Very Happy

Last edited by ankhesenamun 3s on Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
JOY!
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rameses II-he ruled for such a long time and did such great things. The fact that he got caught in the lie of Kadesh makes him seem more human and real.

Hatshepsut-First off GIRL POWER! I can't imagine the guts it would take to be a ruler, expecially a female one in a time where woman were not looked at as equals, but of lower stature to men. Egypt was prosperous through her reign and it looked as if she enjoyed her role.

Thutmosis III-he was one of Egypts greatest warrior pharaohs. Though if indeed he did have anything to do with ruining Hatshepsuts monuments and defacing her name, then he's off MY list.

more favs are Amenhotep III, and rameses III..everyone after doesn't seem to hold up to standards before these great rulers. Evil or Very Mad
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Politically, I have to say Ramses II. There's no disputing that he was the best, even if other pharaohs have something else to credit themselves with.

Although, as far as my favorite, it's actually Tutankhaten, believe it or not. Sure, I hate how media whores have embelished him into a super-god, but he's just so fun to study and make fun of!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nileqt87
Servant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramses II--67 year reign, died at 92, great builder, great warrior, his arms aren't completely folded on his mummy, he was identified as having red hair, possible pharaoh of the exodus...

and when you go to egypt, the first thing you notice is that he is EVERYWHERE.
Psusennes I
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"great warrior"

Ironically, Ramses II's greatest legacy was not war - but rather was lasting peace. He drew up the world's first known peace treaty (with the Hittites), and allowed Egypt to prosper free from the strain of war. It's quite incredible to think that you can visit the temples he had constructed over three thousand years ago, and then go and look at him in a box. It's pretty surreal.
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But anybody remember those time's???
Or are we just talking about what we have read and studied?
Unas
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bel, you could say the exact same thing of any fascet of Egyptology, or well.. of any ancient history. Of course no one could possibly "remember the good ol' days"! Laughing Just like you, we can only go off of what we learn.

Also, Psusennes - the treaty with the Hittites was only so the two armies could join forces against unseen forces...
Quote:
"If a foreigner marches against the country of Egypt and if Reamasesa, the great king, the king of the country of Egypt, your brother, sends to Hattusili, the king of the country of Hatti, his brother, the following message: "Come to my help against him", then Hattusili, king of the country of Hatti, shall send his troops and his chariots and kill my enemy. "

In Mesopotamia, the Assyrians were rising against the Hittites, and Egypt had a growing concern with the Lybians of the west. I would say the treaty was no more than what Germany had with Russian in WWII.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Psusennes I
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was still an astounding move. To even speak, let alone draw up a treaty with the Hittites was a huge achievment at that time in history. Such a thing had never been done before.
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, true... and that's why they call him Ramses the Great! Smile
BelovedofWa'Enre
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Tutness. Tut was not murdered....You did not happen to read the book by Bob Brier did you....? *smiles slyly* Although he does say Tut was murdered he says it was not a blow to that back of the head......

Anywho....The best Pharaoh....? Or my fave...? My signature says it all. Neferkheperure Wa'Enre Akhenaten!!!! *WOOT*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: