Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

who reads Wilbour Smiths books?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Ancient Egypt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thepharohsgod
Servant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: who reads Wilbour Smiths books? Reply with quote

hey has anybody read 'river god' or 'the seventh scroll' theyre pretty good.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Sekhmet
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: who reads Wilbour Smiths books? Reply with quote

thepharohsgod wrote:
hey has anybody read 'river god' or 'the seventh scroll' theyre pretty good.

Hi The Pharaohs God, i have read them and yes they are pretty good. As far as fiction goes that is. While i don't take his story lines as true i do take his descriptions of scenery, and settings as very possible.
thepharohsgod
Servant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: books Reply with quote

hey sekhmet can u recommend any good books to read about ancient egypt?
Sekhmet
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: books Reply with quote

thepharohsgod wrote:
hey sekhmet can u recommend any good books to read about ancient egypt?

Hey back at you The Pharaohs God Smile Yes i can recommend something for you. Try Lauren Haney's mysteries series starring Lt. Bak. They are set during the reign of Pharaoh Hatshepsut. I have read a couple of them and found them good reading even if they are fiction Smile
Ankhesenamun3
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am reading an interesting book called A God Against the Gods
it is a fiction book but is interesting so far.
Osiris II
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lord Meren series by Lynda S. Robinson is also very good. Amelia Peabody and her family, by Elizabeth Peters, while being excellent and entertaining mysteries, is set in late 19th-early 20th centuries.

Ankhsenamen3, God Against The Gods is one of a series also. There are two others, Return To Thebes and another-- I can't remember the name!
Ankhesenamun3
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet , I will have to look for them at the library next time I go. I also have read some of the Lynda S. Robinson series or tried to I had to return it and then they lost it I might just buy it. I believe it was called Drinker of blood I think that is one of her books of that series.
Ramsekh
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure about the rest of this book, I'm only about 15 pages into it and I like it already. It's called "Ramses" by Christian Jacq. It's a series of 5 as far as I know. It's about Ramesses the Great's life from his teens to his death I assume.
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just finished reading "The Son of the Light" from that series. I hope the second book holds my interest a bit more because to be honest if it doesn't I may not bother with the rest.
Ramsekh
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, that's what I have. I found it at the "special store" (goodwill)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Richest Franchise in Sport Reply with quote

Saw that this morning. I've said it before....for all you want to talk about United and their international profile Psicon, they really seem to do business the right way. I'm interested to see just how much Kenyon had to do with these results, so next year will be interesting.
Saw that this morning. I've said it before....for all you want to talk about United and their international profile Ezbank 5mx Mc218 Series 7 Netbook , they really seem to do business the right way. I'm interested to see just how much Kenyon had to do with these results, so next year will be interesting.
Saw that this morning. I've said it before....for all you want to talk about United and their international profile Meetingmute, they really seem to do business the right way. I'm interested to see just how much Kenyon had to do with these results, so next year will be interesting.
Saw that this morning. I've said it before....for all you want to talk about United and their international profile Testmake Testlern, they really seem to do business the right way. I'm interested to see just how much Kenyon had to do with these results, so next year will be interesting.
Topics containing links to people's sites are unneeded and contribute nothing as a whole, much like topics containing content like this one. You could have PMed a moderator and asked this same question and received the same World Map 2 response. Please do so in the future.
Thanks! The mails were from people on my Runner Color allow list...Thanks! The mails were from people on my Med Family allow list...what kind of sport is this? i ve never heard about it and never seen it...
I like - football, tennis, Ia Screenshot figure skating, extreme sports
Dislike - hockey, basketball, car racing, box and all the rest
Saw that this morning. I've said it before....for all you want to talk about United and their international profile Pocket Dvd Studio, they really seem to do business the right way. I'm interested to see just how much Kenyon had to do with these results, so next year will be interesting.
Thanks! The mails were from people on my Relationship Calculator allow list...Thanks! The mails were from people on my Beampro allow list...Topics containing links to people's sites are unneeded and contribute nothing as a whole, much like topics containing content like this one. You could have PMed a moderator and asked this same question and received the same Line Listener response. Please do so in the future.
Neb-Ma'at-Re
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhh...ummmm...eerrr..ahhhh...huh? WTF?????
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well there was a book i was reading and part of it takes place in eygpt, it's called "Dragon Rider" by Cornelia Funke
Lostris
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm a big fan of the 'River God'. Just check my name... Smile Have you read 'The Warlock' yet? It's really good.
Hatshepsut76
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never read any of his books
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Ancient Egypt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: