Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yugi-Oh
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Hieroglyphs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neb-Ma'at-Re
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Yugi-Oh Reply with quote

Your not gonna beleive this but...I was in Walmart with my wife and daughter. We were walking through the toy section and I saw this generic Yugi-Oh card binder that had hieroglyphs all over the front.It didn't say Yugi-Oh on it but it was supposed to be an imitation. Now usually this type of stuff doesn't really say anything, I know because my 7 year old son collects Yugi-Oh cards. It's like they just put the hieroglyphs in no order...the kids can't tell the difference. But this binder actually said something.

I started to read it as we were walking and stopped dead. I told my wife hang on this actually says something.The glyphs translated to:

"hi my name is arthur I play bass in a band called luna park you can check us out at luna park dot ws (?)"

I couldn't belive it! So I searched online for a band called Luna Park and sure enough there is such a band and the bass player's name is Arthur! After checking into this guy, it turns out he is a graphic designer for some company named Creative Group at Sierra.

Pretty crazy huh!!!!
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Advertisement

Ford Prefect

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's evil I tells ya! With their subliminal messages and stuff like that....
Sekhmet
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Yugi-Oh Reply with quote

Neb-Ma'at-Re wrote:
Your not gonna beleive this but... I saw this generic Yugi-Oh card binder that had hieroglyphs all over the front. Now usually this type of stuff doesn't really say anything, I know because my 7 year old son collects Yugi-Oh cards. It's like they just put the hieroglyphs in no order...the kids can't tell the difference. But this binder actually said something.

"hi my name is arthur I play bass in a band called luna park you can check us out at luna park dot ws (?)"

I couldn't belive it! So I searched online for a band called Luna Park and sure enough there is such a band and the bass player's name is Arthur! After checking into this guy, it turns out he is a graphic designer for some company named Creative Group at Sierra.

Pretty crazy huh!!!!

Cool Neb-Ma'at-Re thanks for sharing Smile lol
PharoahKel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg, thats hilarious! I try to do that too with movies like Tomb Raider but they never say anything.
Tash
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahahahahahahahah thats something that even i couldnt think of doing! i could learn alot from this guy, talk about free advertisement!

The little ones are Chewy
Ankhesenamun3
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Interesting
Ankhesenpa-aten
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funfun! I tried to do that with the egyptian stuff in rides when our band programs went to Orlando for the Fiestaval thingie, but i didn't find anything. The Mummy ride at Universal was cool though! Very Happy
Sphynx
Servant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O_O

Being a HUGE fan of Yu-Gi-Oh myself, that is....very interesting. That's one reason why I'm going to take something that will teach me to read hieroglyphics...I want to read stuff like that. ^_^

Thanks for sharing...that's kinda scary!
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the egyptian lego sets Very Happy They name 4 gods, thoth, anubis, horus, and khnum. And there's the name Gail on one of the walls. It's cool.

I know a program that i have on another computer somewhere in my house. It's a hieroglyph. I'll check it out and see if I can find the address I got it from. Not sure if it's authentic though.
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ramsekh, Welcome to KingTutOne! Thanks for the cool information. Neat Legos and hieroglyphs Smile
PharoahKel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legos! Love them! lol
Si-amun
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the Egyptian set, that was great. Though the temple wasn't exactly historically accurate! lol
PharoahKel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you know there is a Puzz 3D mini of an Egyptian sarcophagus? lol I really want it
Ramsekh
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the 3D pyramid puzzle but only put the pyramid together. There's a base that looks like a tomb painting that goes around the pyramid. I'd put it together but I can't find the cheat sheet Laughing
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool That would be a fun puzzle!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Hieroglyphs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: