Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mummy Moive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Homework Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ankhesenamun3
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Mummy Moive Reply with quote

I know this might sound silly but I justed finished watching "The Mummy" and I was wondering if the actors are speaking (or trying to speak) real Ancient Egyptian.Or did they just make it up? My guess would be that it is just made up but I do not know how to speak Ancient Egyptian and because it is a dead lang. I have neer really heard someone speak it so I can not tell.

Very Happy Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Ankhesenpa-aten
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah!! The mummy is a great movie! I've seen it 27 times, but mostly cause they keep showing it on TNT! lol! Very Happy Though I own it on VHS too...But yeah, I read an article on the making of it once and it said they used a mix of modern day arabic and coptic or demotic, so none of it was actually ancient egyptian.
Ankhesenamun3
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhhh Smile Thanks
zhu01
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is embarrasing Embarassed
Ankhesenamun3
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is???
SerqSekhet
peasant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit it is one of my favourites when involving movies. Its also a good reference that my husband has use when discribing me to someone who hasn't seen me. When he is asked to discribe, he says "You know the two women from the movie the Mummy, well combined both togather and you haver my wife." How sweet of my Hawk to think of me in such a way.

And if I was the sun, I'd be sunrise!
Made Horus rise before he was King!
Anck-su-Namun
Tomb Robber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since ancient Egyptian has not been spoken for many centuries, the phonetics of how the language originally sounded has been lost.

According to Egyptologists, although they can decipher the heiroglyphs, they have really taken a stab in the dark as to sounding accurate. Many have tried to model the linquistic sounds after modern day egyptian dialects.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
saphira605
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh the first time i saw the mummy i was like Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh like scared because i saw it when i waas like 5 or 7 it was like creppy but the mummy 2 was awsomw but creepy but its still cool
Ankhesenpa-aten
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mummy Returns has been running on TNT this week. I watched it...twice. lol! It was crap and I kept making comments/pointing out that they weren't actually saying the things typed in the subtitles then correcting some of them...Wink , but it was great fun, and very entertaining for a non historically acurrate movie. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Homework Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: