Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what egyptian god do u feel associated to?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Gods and Goddesses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PharoahKel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tash wrote:
GO SHENRON wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooo

Who?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Advertisement

Ankhesenpa-aten
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean Shenron as in Shen-long, the Emperor of China in the Qing dynasty? Cause thats another varriation on the romanized "spelling" of his name...
Tash
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL dont u guys watch any Animes? Shenron is the god of the earth dragon balls, when u collect all the 7 dragonballs and say the magic words Shenron will appear and grant u three wishes, any DBZ fan will know

The little ones are Chewy
Ankhesenpa-aten
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh...yes, anime. I use to love it, but now I only like a select few. I've come to realize that most anime's are exactly the same, same plot, same story, same characters only with a different hair color. But yeah...DBZ's ok...i don't like it that much anymore, I like the original Dragonball better, all the other DB's are kinda stupid...
Tash
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dont like GT, the other two are great, but all the origional characters are getting to old, like Goku Vegeta Piccolo and Bulma, and teen trunks, unlike future trunks, is a dork. i recon though now u mention it, thats where akira toriman may have got Sherons name from, hmmm, we learn a new thing every day

The little ones are Chewy
thepharohsgod
Servant

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ANUBIS is my favourite god being the the god of the underworld (PRESERVE ALL THE DEAD) how cool is that with his jackal head. what a TOP DOG. lol. GET IT
Siseth
Servant

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Seth Reply with quote

Wow, tons of people here talking about how Egyptian gods "aren't real" and how there is "only one true God..." Did you even realize there are still people who worship ancient Egyptian gods? We usually call ourselves "Kemetic." There's the Kemetic Orthodoxy, for example. You can find that at http://www.kemet.org, although I'm personally not in the Orthodoxy, I study and practice alone.

I feel drawn to Seth. He was a weirdo, I'm a weirdo, it just fits. OK, so it's not that simple. But close enough.
Hut-Heru
Servant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What egytian God do I feel associated to...
I think my nickname should give the answer... Wink
Ankhesenamun3
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know I mean they are all cool , I think I am alittle bit of all of them.
Si-amun
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always felt a connection to Isis. She is an eternal mother, enchantress, wife and warrior. She searched the whole world for her husband, used her magic to resurrect him, single handedly raised their son in the delta and fought against her murdering brother Set. She tricked the sun god out of his secret name and saved her son from the fatal poison of a scorpion. How can anyone not respect and admire her.
PharoahKel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respect, admire, and have many things in common with thousands of people. In a world of 6 billion theres gonna be people you look up to, but that doesnt make them connected to you in a spiritual way.
Si-amun
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course one can feel respect and admiration for anyone else but I thought my emotions on the goddess were obvious. I believe that it is slightly more than me just looking up to her. I am sorry if I didn't make myself clear but I had hoped that my spiritual connection with her would have come through in my writing. I do feel a connection to her, I talk to her when I feel the need to. I have never felt a connection like that to a single human being, or god. I feel that she is with me always and that she protects me. Hopefully this message will clear up any queries you have on how I feel towards the goddess.
PharoahKel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Si-Amun wrote:
Of course one can feel respect and admiration for anyone else but I thought my emotions on the goddess were obvious. I believe that it is slightly more than me just looking up to her. I am sorry if I didn't make myself clear but I had hoped that my spiritual connection with her would have come through in my writing. I do feel a connection to her, I talk to her when I feel the need to. I have never felt a connection like that to a single human being, or god. I feel that she is with me always and that she protects me. Hopefully this message will clear up any queries you have on how I feel towards the goddess.

But you used to believe in God, Why dont you pray to him or talk to him?
Si-amun
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think that I believe in Isis as the ancients believed in her. I believe in her as the personification of the attributes that she has. I found it too hard to believe in the Christian God as he seemed to have such a limited array of emotion. Bear with me here. I found it too hard a concept to believe in an all loving god who was without hate and who at the end of it has no real struggle or opposition. If you are a Christian you should believe that Satan was defeated at the Cross when we were all "saved from sin". I merely talk to Isis as an embodiment of the emotions that I admire, that is why I feel such a connection to her.
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, the Christian God has lots of emotion. He laughed with his disciples, He hungered and thirsted like all of us (see the temptation of Jesus), He was betrayed by his best friend (Judas Iscariot), and how can we forget the shortest verse in the Bible, "Jesus wept?" My particular religion believes you can have a relationship with Jesus, and not just go through the motions. Unfortunately, I have yet to experience such a thing and am getting a little skeptical...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Gods and Goddesses All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: