Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


what egyptian god do u feel associated to?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Gods and Goddesses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Neb-Ma'at-Re
Pharaoh


Joined: 09 Dec 2003
Posts: 690

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Careful now bel! If you are going to make statements like "There is truly but one God, not many." you might want to think about preceeding it with "I believe...". Until someone can prove(or disprove) the existance of any 'god', that statement cannot be taken as fact any more than saying the ancient egyptians built the pyramids with wind power and kites.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Google
Sponsor





PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

Back to top
Tadukhipa
Prince/Princess


Joined: 18 Jan 2003
Posts: 399
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really have to say none. I've done a bit of reading on Egyptian mythology, but I never felt any sort of "connection" with any of them.
_________________
*Tadukhipa*

http://strictlybecca.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Golobulus
Servant


Joined: 12 Apr 2004
Posts: 45

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tadukhipa wrote:
I'd really have to say none. I've done a bit of reading on Egyptian mythology, but I never felt any sort of "connection" with any of them.


That's because they aren't real
_________________
"The last thing you will hear is the cracking of your vertebrae.....one...BY ONE!!!!!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ford Prefect
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really don't know that they don't exist (or do exist), it's not like you can run a "God scan' and automatically find out what God/s exist and which do not, thats why so many religions exist today.
Back to top
bel
Pharaoh


Joined: 25 May 2003
Posts: 501

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: wind power and kite's Reply with quote

Neb-Ma'at-Re wrote:
Careful now bel! If you are going to make statements like "There is truly but one God, not many." you might want to think about preceeding it with "I believe...". Until someone can prove(or disprove) the existance of any 'god', that statement cannot be taken as fact any more than saying the ancient egyptians built the pyramids with wind power and kites.

But that is the most recently proven philosophy now, isn't it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Neb-Ma'at-Re
Pharaoh


Joined: 09 Dec 2003
Posts: 690

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardly proven!!!!!!!!It is however the latest theory. They were able to 'tip' and obelisk by using a kite and some pulleys, but lifting 2.5 million 2 ton blocks precisely into place with the aid of kites and the consistantly strong enough winds for over twenty years is a far stretch from tippping an obelisk into a hole.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Neb-Ma'at-Re
Pharaoh


Joined: 09 Dec 2003
Posts: 690

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Hetfield wrote:
You really don't know that they don't exist (or do exist), it's not like you can run a "God scan' and automatically find out what God/s exist and which do not, thats why so many religions exist today.


My point exactly James. Which is why caution should be taken when making statements that claim truth in either direction. Personal beliefs and faith only offer personal 'truths' and not factual evidence or proof.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bel
Pharaoh


Joined: 25 May 2003
Posts: 501

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Queen who was pharaoh Reply with quote

In order to make a statement like that of any sort it would be most logical to know what one was speaking of. So why poise a question to the board about what God you beleive in the most when you don't even acknowledge one?
Had I answered your question in reference to time frame (considering Ancient Egypt) my answer would have been Amun Ra the sun God. Anubis would have been the second. Although Hathor, Horus, Osiris, Isis, and Bess served their purpose's well during those time's.
Seeing's how existence is multi-deminsional and I can see into the past as well as the present and sometime's (although not often) the future; the statement's that I do make this day are an accumulation of all three. So contrarty wise, although you have an opinion, do you remember previous lifetime's and/or experienced them in this incarnation and therefore can you shed new light that has not been revealed? I.E. new proven theory of the kite's and wind to build pyramid's, raise oblisk's, etc. Do any of you have the answer's or do we just love because of it's mystique? Why even have a preference if you do not believe? Is this truthful and if so to whom and why?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bel
Pharaoh


Joined: 25 May 2003
Posts: 501

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Proof Reply with quote

Neb-Ma'at-Re wrote:
James Hetfield wrote:
You really don't know that they don't exist (or do exist), it's not like you can run a "God scan' and automatically find out what God/s exist and which do not, thats why so many religions exist today.


My point exactly James. Which is why caution should be taken when making statements that claim truth in either direction. Personal beliefs and faith only offer personal 'truths' and not factual evidence or proof.


You have nothing to go off of other than your faith; nothing has been proven (scientifically) which does not discount what is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PharoahKel
Pharaoh


Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Posts: 1028
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, and we still have yet to figure out who built Stonehenge and who built Easter Island, but does that mean they were created by aliens or magic? No, it just means that we dont know yet. And do I have suggestions for what, Bel? How the pyramids were erected?
_________________
Yea, Im gonna need you to come in on Sunday...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
PharoahKel
Pharaoh


Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Posts: 1028
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Proof Reply with quote

bel wrote:
Neb-Ma'at-Re wrote:
James Hetfield wrote:
You really don't know that they don't exist (or do exist), it's not like you can run a "God scan' and automatically find out what God/s exist and which do not, thats why so many religions exist today.


My point exactly James. Which is why caution should be taken when making statements that claim truth in either direction. Personal beliefs and faith only offer personal 'truths' and not factual evidence or proof.


You have nothing to go off of other than your faith; nothing has been proven (scientifically) which does not discount what is.

Name one thing you have to go off of other than your faith!!
_________________
Yea, Im gonna need you to come in on Sunday...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses


Joined: 22 Nov 2002
Posts: 1265
Location: In the throne of Nephthys

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok watch it here. This is starting to be a flame topic. BACK ON SUBJECT. This is an Egyptian god thread. Which one do you feel closest to? Ignore the fact that you may not believe they're real.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PharoahKel
Pharaoh


Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Posts: 1028
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, im just sayin...
_________________
Yea, Im gonna need you to come in on Sunday...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Dark_Meryetamun_28
Gods/Goddesses


Joined: 22 Nov 2002
Posts: 1265
Location: In the throne of Nephthys

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stay on topic, please.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tash
Prince/Princess


Joined: 19 Apr 2004
Posts: 324
Location: N.S.W Austalia

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO SHENRON wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooo
_________________
I like people,

The little ones are Chewy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Gods and Goddesses All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations / posts: 10373 / 0