Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index Ancient Egyptian Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King tut info
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Tut

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:15 pm    Post subject: King tut info Reply with quote

The Pharaoh Khufu, or commonly known as Cheops, ruled in the 4th
Dynasty (2551-2528 B.C.) He was the second Pharaoh of the period and he ruled for
approximately 23 years. It was assumed that this was a highly structured society and he must
have attained great wealth. Not much is known about the Pharaoh’s personal life or his
accomplishments. His most known and famous undertaking was the Great Pyramid of Egypt.

There are two theories surrounding the construction of his pyramid. The first theory,
suggested by experts, suggests that slaves were forced under daily hard labor to work until the
task was completed. The more logical and more supported theory, however, suggests that the
Great Pyramid of Egypt was built by hundreds of skilled workers who camped near the pyramids
and worked for a salary until the construction of the pyramid was completed.

Although he organized the construction of the pyramid, not much is known about his life
due to the fact that his tomb was robbed. No remains of the mummy have ever been found and
there is only an empty sarcophagus that lies in the center of the King’s Chamber located inside
the pyramid. However, a statue was found in the temple of Abydos and it is thought that maybe
this might give a slight insight into the Pharaoh’s world and who he really was.
Wait! There's more on Khufu
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:15 pm    Post subject: Advertisement

King Tut

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all info was made by me
MummyGirl_101
Servant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:39 am    Post subject: Howard Carter or King Tut Info Reply with quote

Does you or anybody else have any ideas on where I can find info on the exploration of King Tut's tomb or the diaries of Howard Carter??? It would almost be better if the info was about the diaries but will check it all out anyway.

mummygirl_101
Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know that you would actually be able to obtain a copy of Howard Carter's actual diaries. But He did write three books on the discovery. They are called "The Discovery of the Tomb of Tutankhamen." The first volume was also written by A.C. Mace, but the last two volumes were written by Howard Carter only. You can also get all three in the same book, and I think that was published in the 70's.
murphyz
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: King tut info Reply with quote

King Tut wrote:
The first theory,
suggested by experts, suggests that slaves were forced under daily hard labor to work until the
task was completed.

Which experts, may I ask, were these? In my research I find that this theory has long been dismissed by scholars as the way in which pyramids were built and is only now represented in film as the popular form of construction.

Mxx
Akhenaten
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also found this to be the case. I believe that Dr. Mark Lehner has proved without a doubt that the pyramids of Giza, and most likely all other pyramids, were built by the residents of the city that he found on the Giza plateu.
Cool Girl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who likes Egypt???? Rolling Eyes Cool [/quote]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi i wonted to know what was king tut's accomplishments?
nefertikaure
Egyptian Architect

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well one thing, he rid of all this father's traditions and went back to the old ways of worshipping all the gods and goaddesses. He also moved back to Thebes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are some more of tutty-boys accomplishments?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TELL ME 'bout tut, please!!!
PharoahKel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boy king died in his late teens and remained at rest in Egypt's Valley of the Kings for over 3,300 years until November 1922 when his tomb was discovered by Howard Carter
PharoahKel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tutankhamun's real name was Tutankhaten but he changed it after his fathers death. He started to reign around 8 or 9 and died around 18 or 19. His death is suspected as murder by Horemheb or Ay, or that he was killed in battle.
PharoahKel
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His father was Akhenaten whos wife was Nefertiti. Tut's wife was Ankhsenamun. Enough info?
Gamefreak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey did Tut bulid any thing? Or have any thing constructed in his honor? Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ancient Egyptian Forum Forum Index -> Pharaohs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: